Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which of the three beauties?
Toyota Camry (Manual transmission) 49 61.25%
Nissan Teana (AT) 17 21.25%
Skoda Superb Petrol (AT) 14 17.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2007, 12:51   #31
Senior - BHPian

Suman - Decision taken? If not, then do consider the Passat also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Teana is overpriced? What about the Camry then? Camry & Accord go head on head worldwide. However in India just becoz of it not being manufactured here its 3lakhs+ more expensive then the Accord.
Actually in Delhi the Accord 2.4 is 16L on-road, so the Camry is around 5-6L more expensive.
Old 28th August 2007, 13:15   #32
BANNED

Camry- cant go wrong with it besides thats what he had picked and heaven help you in case he does not like what you choose for him
Old 28th August 2007, 13:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

Camry cause its a Manual tranmission and is a Jap, so low more reliable and better on maintainance and Toyota have a much better service network then the other two.
Old 28th August 2007, 13:43   #34
BHPian

My vote will go to the Camry, second choice being the Teana. One drawback with the Teana is that it still has a 4-speed AT transmission which is surprising as in that segment, buyers usually look to have at least a 5-speed AT transmission.
Old 28th August 2007, 15:39   #35
BHPian

Outta choice.

I am wondering why the Accord V6 AT does not figure in your choice of cars. IMO, it is better at almost everything than the Camry. Not sure about the Teana and the Superb (haven't been inside either of those) But the V6 is a hoot to drive (although your VP would be driven around); has awesome proportions and street presence (although only the enthusiatics will spot the V6 badging) and has all the bells and whistles expected in this segment. Also I understand it may not be a major factor here- but it is the cheapest of the lot- to procure and to maintain.

P.S: Don't go by my Avatar; I'm not biased but just feel that the Accord V6 is the best package in this segment- at least for driver oriented performance.
Old 30th August 2007, 12:36   #36
BHPian

Hi Suman,

Camry has a good presence of the 3 in India and so does Toyota. Teana is a wonderful car and sells good in countries like US, South Africa. I have noticed that in those countries the car renters like Hertz, Avis, Budget etc. prefer Nissan cars. I drove a Nissan Almera in South Africa and am a great fan of it.
Skoda is now losing its reputation becoz of poor after sales service.

I recently went to Leela Palace in Bangalore and noticed that they have changed their fleet from Camry to Teana recently. No idea why.

Better get your Sr. VP try the teana and then let him/her take the call.

Regards,
Vijay
Old 30th August 2007, 13:34   #37
Senior - BHPian

Decision taken, Toyota gains a customer

Woh! Whew ......thanks guys, looks like we prefer being conventional in here. And so's our SVP - he doesn't want to look beyond the Camry! We're placing the booking today - and he doesn't want the WICKED HOT Black, prefers the elegant Silver.

Thanks for all your inputs.

Doomsday, with a 5 lacs plus difference, since he was entitled to a higher segment, it was the Camry not the Accord that was considered. Looks the better of the two as well. But, at the end of it all, I must say -

THE CAMRY IS OVERPRICED

Mods, please close the thread, thank you!

Last edited by suman : 30th August 2007 at 13:37.
Old 30th August 2007, 13:38   #38
Senior - BHPian

Teana... just the look and contours of the seats on that thing make you want to go sit and relax. The suspension is soft, the engine is a creamy V6, the interiors are a great place to be and has that understated presence too.
Superb would be good choice too but after hearing from fellow bhpians on it being phased out, I would say, stay away from it.
Toyota Camry is wayyyyyyy overpriced.

Why not an Accord V6, Suman???
Old 30th August 2007, 13:47   #39
Senior - BHPian

Darn!!!! I was framing my reply and you made the choice! :P
Old 30th August 2007, 17:45   #40
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Great choice with the Camry! Congratulations to your SVP.
Old 10th October 2007, 18:30   #41
Senior - BHPian

Its never over till its over

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Darn!!!! I was framing my reply and you made the choice! :P
Well E_T, looks like it was destined for your suggestion to be taken up!

Sorry for this extremely late update guys but I had to let you know the final outcome nevertheless. I had mentioned the Nissan to my SVP and I think something was nagging him so he asked us to arrange a TD of the Teana. When the car arrived, I think he fell in love with it and more so after he sat in the car. He said the rear seat comfort was unmatchable and our company driver (who is going to ferry him around) felt the performance was better than the Camry & the car was a hoot to drive.

So, GUESS WHAT GUYS! - a beautiful silver Teana was delivered on 7th September, car has done over 1500 kms & has also gone through its first service & we now all live happily ever after (at least so far)! So, as I said above - its never over till its over!

Mods, please lock the thread once again, thanks for your help!

Last edited by suman : 10th October 2007 at 18:31.
Old 3rd May 2010, 04:14   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Camry would of course be first alongwith Teana. Both are supposed to be great cars for comfort, but depends on what `looks' to you better. In markets such as US where both sell, Camry is the largest seller amongst all cars. Regarding Camry and Teana, both are CBUs and thus priced high. But their prices are still the same after the yen depreciation against the rupee. In fact with yen depreciation, the cost of importing it should have gone down. But this is not being passed on to customers. Perhaps you can negotiate something.

I think I'm a few years too late with this comment, but just wanted to tpoint out that in markets like the US and Oz, Toyotas are subsidized because the company runs manufacturing plants in these countries, though not all models are made in these factories.

Not so with Nissan.

But usually, in terms of value for money, ride quality, reliability, performance and class, Nissan wins hands down over Toyota. Of course, Toyota has the better marketing team, I think, in most countries.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks