Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2008, 19:46   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by given2fly View Post
Some interesting chat here & Ricky, Congrats on choosing the four rings. They sure are a great brand and they make wonderful machines. But an observation I made here is that BMWs don't come with a spare wheel. Is that true? If so, pretty strange! In absence of run-flats, very much suicidal as well.

Thanks - I am completely happy with my A4, even in stock form she is quite a performer & the handling is sharp & precise..have yet to find a negative with the car !!! The BMW comes with run flats & no spare BUT the A4 comes with a full size alloy mounted spare wheel.

@ Insane Devil
As for the engine options.. the car is coming presently with the 1.8L Petrol & the 2.0L Diesel. The 3.2L petrol is available in the TT, but maybe offered on the A4 Saloon in the coming months

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 2nd June 2008 at 19:50.
Old 2nd June 2008, 20:53   #137
v10
BHPian

quick question - Is there a lot of lag between pressing the pedal and the actual acceleration??
Old 3rd June 2008, 18:25   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
quick question - Is there a lot of lag between pressing the pedal and the actual acceleration??

There is a slight lag in the normal "D Mode" but the "S Mode" is another story, next to zero lag.. infact one has to get used to & be careful of torque steer in the S Mode

Cheers
Old 18th July 2008, 21:10   #139
Senior - BHPian

First Service done !!!

At 2980 kms Cost Rs. 8450/- without Airfilter, as I need to put in Green Cotton, as the stock air filter cost Rs. 2300/- and the one time kharcha on the Green Cotton is (I think) Rs. 4600/- so it makes total sense to go with GREEN

Cheers
Old 20th July 2008, 20:44   #140
Senior - BHPian

GREEN COTTON stock replacement filter from Pete's installed in the AUDI at Autopsyche Not paid for it yet but should be in the range of 4.5 - 5 k - but then it is going to be there for a long long time to come AND provide better breathing for the engine.

Performance - difference not noticeable.
Actually it is an investment for the impending re*** he he he he he he he he

Pls note that the stock filter in MINT CONDITION, hardly used for 2900 kms, normal life 15000 kms....any takers ??

So long

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 20th July 2008 at 20:47.
Old 20th July 2008, 22:26   #141
Team-BHP Support

now when is the remap to 180bhp coming?
Old 21st July 2008, 14:57   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
now when is the remap to 180bhp coming?

Akshay - you are now going the Busa way LOL LOL

Let me finish with the Lancer project for now & wait for me to get bored with that - the remap is left for then

Cheers
Old 21st July 2008, 15:23   #143
BANNED

so i read the new a4 is for 35l. ricky how much did you pay for yours again /?
Old 21st July 2008, 15:36   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Ricky, just a quick question, why didn't you go for a Green Cotton Storm filter and settled for replacement one? Any particular reason?
Old 23rd July 2008, 18:04   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Ricky, just a quick question, why didn't you go for a Green Cotton Storm filter and settled for replacement one? Any particular reason?

The replacement filter does all that I need it to do - breathe better, and is enough for the future remap.

Plus I did not want the Audi to look anything NON-STOCK, hence the stock replacement filter

@jesal

I bought mine for a great price - which is why I bought it in the first place.

Showroom Price was 29.6L + Insurance (90K) + Regn & Road Tax (1.0L), so that is roughly 32 - it is another matter that i wriggled out a discount from the dealer, which was let's say substantial Do the math !!

The best part is the New Audi 2.0 TDi has the same engine as what I have !!! So I am very happy with my purchase !!

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 23rd July 2008 at 18:06.
Old 23rd July 2008, 18:21   #146
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
The best part is the New Audi 2.0 TDi has the same engine as what I have !!! So I am very happy with my purchase !!
Cheers
Are you sure Ricky? The A4 brochure clearly mentions that the new 2.0TDi is the Common rail engine and the old one was a PD engine. This is in the brochure and confirmed on phone with the Audi showroom guy.

Even Autocar mentions it as different.
Old 23rd July 2008, 18:32   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Are you sure Ricky? The A4 brochure clearly mentions that the new 2.0TDi is the Common rail engine and the old one was a PD engine. This is in the brochure and confirmed on phone with the Audi showroom guy.

Even Autocar mentions it as different.

Still makes 143 BHP , the initial lot that has come in has the exact same engine, they intend to switch to CRDi technology at a future date accross the entire range of Audi diesels.

This is what I saw & was told at the Audi Party, unless they were making sure I remain happy !!

All said & done the power of AUDI rules !! By the way have you finalized your purchase ? You had mentioned that you were considering the A4 sometime back

Cheers
Old 23rd July 2008, 23:56   #148
BHPian

hey Ricky
the new A4 comes with a crdi engine for sure. And this is the first crdi engine in Audi vehicles - the first crdi engine made by the VW group in all.

Dude u really got a nice deal that time. Lucky you.

About the question of Lag between the press of the accelerator and the engine reaction, its supposed to act as a safety thing built in all Drive By Wire - I.e. Electronicaly managed Accelerator Pedal vehicles.

They is a little device called Sprint Booster which is to be fitted behind the pedal and that eliminates the lag, and hence enhances the driving a good bit. People who are using it are praising it a lot and feel as if there is added power to the car! Gives the car a new leash, they say!

Last edited by Insane Devil : 24th July 2008 at 00:01.
Old 24th July 2008, 01:24   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post

They is a little device called Sprint Booster which is to be fitted behind the pedal and that eliminates the lag, and hence enhances the driving a good bit. People who are using it are praising it a lot and feel as if there is added power to the car! Gives the car a new leash, they say!
....And some also complain the car gets too aggressive. Like i said earlier, it's really not needed with the torque the diesel engines already churn out...you'll know once you start using your 520d over a period of time.

If you do find some lag there is a DS mode, i barely use it coz it gets too aggressive pulling revs almost till the end of the rpm band.

Moreover if you do ever find some lag in the future, i'll tell you a little trick in the e60s to reset the transmission in 20 seconds.

Last edited by Sahil : 24th July 2008 at 01:25.
Old 24th July 2008, 09:53   #150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
hey Ricky
the new A4 comes with a crdi engine for sure. And this is the first crdi engine in Audi vehicles - the first crdi engine made by the VW group in all.

Dude u really got a nice deal that time. Lucky you.

About the question of Lag between the press of the accelerator and the engine reaction, its supposed to act as a safety thing built in all Drive By Wire - I.e. Electronicaly managed Accelerator Pedal vehicles.

@ID

I am sure you are right - but that is the impression I had (maybe age is catching on)

But one thing is for sure the Audi Rocks, I am perfectly happy with what I have. Great handler, great performer, great interior, got everything what one may want in a car (Pls note I do NOT belong to Gen X) for that reason alone the fancy lights / LED's hold no attraction for me

Anyway you have decided on a great car yourself...so enjoy

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks