Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2009, 13:32   #31
BHPian

test driving the 3.0 TDI today..will keep you guys updated.
Old 12th April 2009, 13:33   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff View Post
ok guys sad news..i went to navnit this evening to drop the cheque..my sales guy tells me sir the discount offered to you earlier today is not applicable on your color choice ( Alpine white or Monaco Blue w/ black interiors ) and it would cost 3 lac more than the quoted price.I was like didnt we sign the agreement earlier today at my office ??? He mentioned that his boss said no.

So I am back to square one as I have given him a Monday deadline to rethink his decision. What do you guys think about new A6 3.0 TDI as alternative?
Why dont you get quotes from other dealers as well. The A6 is a really really nice car I somehow like it most out of all the Audi's people are being crazy about.
Old 12th April 2009, 19:41   #33
BHPian

Spiff, my sincere advice to u would be to buy the 520D, and then later on get a Sprint Booster installed for extra boost, will not tamper ur engine, and will accelerate like the 525d!

If u are taking for purely city driving, that too mumbai, then 530d makes no sense at all, rather spend the extra 8 lks, if u want to spend, on addon M-Kit for the 520d - which consists of Front, Rear Bumper changes, and Side Skirts and a Spoiler.

But even for highway crusing the 520d with SB or without is just great! I had travelled to Mumbai from Hyderabad and back in it couple of months back, and it was actually Sheer Driving Pleasure! easily did 240 on the Express highway, before the straight road ended!

I did consider the A6 too, but it looked to dated and couldnt come close to the 5 series in driving pleasure. BUT--- Dont forget to give back the RunFlatTyres to the dealer and get Pirelli P Zero Rosso 245/50/17 in place of it and your drive will be extremely comfortable.

Last edited by Insane Devil : 12th April 2009 at 19:43.
Old 12th April 2009, 21:10   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
BUT--- Dont forget to give back the RunFlatTyres to the dealer and get Pirelli P Zero Rosso 245/50/17 in place of it and your drive will be extremely comfortable.
And how much could one expect in buyback? Are the dealerships willing?
Old 12th April 2009, 21:37   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So I am back to square one as I have given him a Monday deadline to rethink his decision. What do you guys think about new A6 3.0 TDI as alternative?
the a6 is a pretty underrated car. its the best of both worlds between bmw and merc. it also has the best quality interiors of the lot. its more fun to drive than the merc and its more comfortable than the bmw. the only thing you can find wrong with it is the looks, wich are subjective. you also have the quattro wich none of the others have. why not take a test drive and see if you like it.
Old 12th April 2009, 21:48   #36
BHPian

If you want to be sold on the Audi , go watch Transporter 2. It shall make you 'want' quattro ! I think the 3.0 TDI quatrro is fantastic , what with the 4L discount going on the pre-face lift model. Comfy, powerful , frugal ( as much as a v6 3.0 Ti will be ) fantastic interiors, exclusi9vity as compared to the 5 ( though now quite as loud ) . It makes for a very compelling buy,what with its optional packages. Give it a proper try!!
Old 13th April 2009, 01:06   #37
BHPian

So I test drove the car today, it felt very powerful and comfortable to drive with the Automatic Suspension. However I felt its road presence isnt quite close to the 5 series and even the interiors felt a bit plasticy

I was offered a very good discount combined with the fully loaded version and even the headlight replacement when the new one comes in, so yea if I dont end up getting the 530/520 it would be this for sure without any doubt.
Old 13th April 2009, 08:01   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

A6 would be my choice because I prefer its looks and it's not as common but everybody is buying 5-series so stick to 5 series esp its your first choice. Or you would be wondering maybe should have bought 5-series instead of A6,etc.

Interestingly there is a poll going on this forum about good engine with avg body vs good car with avg engine and majority wants good engine. So keep in mind the bias this form has. I would personally go with the most feature stuffed car with least powerful engine. All along I wished my cars had more and more convenience features but rarely ever wished for more power. How many cars will overtake 520D on a highway? And in the city some bike or auto is always denying you those sprints. As a bonus, I would assume brakes on 520D would be more effective than 530. So don't give lot of weightage to engine but select based on other features. I'm a minority though, everyone wants wrooom
Old 13th April 2009, 08:37   #39
BHPian

I still say watch Transporter 2. It's made me a different man. Ps. THe 5 series is due for a generation change soon.
Old 13th April 2009, 08:37   #40
BHPian

Spiff, dont think too much of it, jus go get the 520d, u will have no regrets at all, live example - Sahil, who already has a 525d, and has now gone for a 520d too!

Flying Spur: The prices of tyres have gone down, thats what the showroom guys told a fellow member - Venkat, here when he exchanged his tyres on my recommendation. He got around 35,000 for all 4 tyres.

New ones - Pirelli P Zero Rosso - cost around 15k per tyre.

Re. The Audi, the quattro is very good, but i had the same feeling as u did. while the new A4 is of superb quality and excellent road presence compared to the A6. and i found the A6 for an elderly group of people because of its "longish and sober looks".
Old 13th April 2009, 14:43   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However I felt its road presence isnt quite close to the 5 series and even the interiors felt a bit plasticy

I was offered a very good discount combined with the fully loaded version and even the headlight replacement when the new one comes in, so yea if I dont end up getting the 530/520 it would be this for sure without any doubt.
Road presence, yes. It's meant to be more elegant and understated than an out-and-out crowd puller.

And that's a brilliant deal man. I wonder if you should just go for the A6 then. It's powerful, well-built, and Audi Secure should keep you, well, secure! Last heard they were offering upto 4L off and a rock-bottom interest rate. Plus you'll have your shiny LEDs when you want them, should give enough presence

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
A6 would be my choice because I prefer its looks and it's not as common but everybody is buying 5-series so stick to 5 series esp its your first choice.
That should hardly matter to him. Rather buy with full conviction than make a "safe" choice because everyone's made it.

That said, yes a 5-series would ensure some amount of peace of mind since you have atleast 10(?) 5-series owners on this forum now for advice / support / opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil View Post
Flying Spur: The prices of tyres have gone down, thats what the showroom guys told a fellow member - Venkat, here when he exchanged his tyres on my recommendation. He got around 35,000 for all 4 tyres.

New ones - Pirelli P Zero Rosso - cost around 15k per tyre.
Sounds good. Thanks for the info ID !! Any other make of tyre that can be considered on the stock rims? Apart from the Pirellis. Just curious.
Old 13th April 2009, 14:50   #42
Senior - BHPian

@flyingspur : Michilin PP2 245/40 this one came up so many times when I was getting the tyre for my Mondeo its the only size available other then the 235/35 & 265/35 because its OE for the 5 Series.
Old 13th April 2009, 15:36   #43
BHPian

SPIFF:
looks wise the 5 would win any day. but sitting here in bangy i look at the 5 on the road and the a6 i would still say a6. the 5 as beautiful. BUT it is tends to look a bit jagged and cut tight. whereas the a6 just flows with a certain grace thats not very easy to get for a car this size. i mean look at the e-class it doesnt seem to make the cut of me atleast.
then again you have that massive engine and the quattro. FANTASTIC drive and killer performance for its sleeper looks. albeit its gonna cost you everytime you hit the bunk.
that however will not be the issue with the 520/30d. fantastic price/performance and comfort combo. but i still like the a6 better.
Old 13th April 2009, 15:56   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
@flyingspur : Michilin PP2 245/40 this one came up so many times when I was getting the tyre for my Mondeo its the only size available other then the 235/35 & 265/35 because its OE for the 5 Series.
Thanks, once again

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
then again you have that massive engine and the quattro. FANTASTIC drive and killer performance for its sleeper looks. albeit its gonna cost you everytime you hit the bunk.
that however will not be the issue with the 520/30d. fantastic price/performance and comfort combo. but i still like the a6 better.
He'll save a lot of dough upfront with the A6, and the difference won't be that much. Let's wait for his reply anyway.
Old 13th April 2009, 16:20   #45
BHPian

I am getting inclined towards the 520D now as it is coming quite cheap and Sahil offered me Highline wheels for it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks