Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2009, 12:41   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Lets see if i can manage one for you from the dealership. Will let you know of the cost. If you take a round at opera house you might get one too...
Thanks, would really appreciate that. Did source at Opera House and the only ones available are the CLK (aka sports) type with the big star, quoting around 7K to 8K. None like the original, not even the Taiwan makes.
Quote:
...They should be the ambient lights. Have them on the ML too. they can be switched off with the buttons on the roof, atleast in the ML they do.
I figured they were ambient lights for night use, but got confused as they stay on all the time!!! How do you operate them on the ML?

I like the ML grille a lot. The matt silver / chrome mesh type. Wish it was available for the W203.
Old 22nd November 2009, 13:12   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohnish View Post
Thanks, would really appreciate that. Did source at Opera House and the only ones available are the CLK (aka sports) type with the big star, quoting around 7K to 8K. None like the original, not even the Taiwan makes.
I did read your previous post and the mentin of the sports grill. You can also check at chor bazaar for the grill. Accdental car parts go there.

Quote:
I figured they were ambient lights for night use, but got confused as they stay on all the time!!! How do you operate them on the ML?

I like the ML grille a lot. The matt silver / chrome mesh type. Wish it was available for the W203.
Just where the reading light buttons are in the front there would be button for the rear veiw mirror lights. Not sure for the C though but you can check, it also could be at the back side of the mirror itself.

The Grill gives the ML the sporty look and unfrtunately they dont fit in the C class. If you look the net you can get similar grills and body kits for the C. Then again like you have mentioned you like the three pointed star on the Bonette.
Old 22nd November 2009, 13:21   #33
BHPian

Quote:
I did read your previous post and the mentin of the sports grill. You can also check at chor bazaar for the grill. Accdental car parts go there...
Have already asked my chaps at CB to keep a lookout for the grille. No response yet.
Quote:
...Just where the reading light buttons are in the front there would be button for the rear veiw mirror lights...
Thanks, wiill have a look.
Quote:
...The Grill gives the ML the sporty look and unfrtunately they dont fit in the C class. If you look the net you can get similar grills and body kits for the C....
Yes am aware of that, however purchasing of the internet and then customs etc...No, I want a simpler way, pay the cash, take the grille!!!
Quote:
...Then again like you have mentioned you like the three pointed star on the Bonette
Which I would gladly give up for the ML grille.
Old 22nd November 2009, 13:28   #34
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
I notice there are two amber lights on the underside of the Inside Rear View Mirror. They are on all the time, ie whenever the engine is on, irrespective of day / night, parking lights on / off etc etc. These two stay on.

What are these?

Thanks in advance.
One small light under the RVM is the ambient lighting. It lights up your gear and center console. It cannot be switched off. Confirm if this is the one you're talking about. It's a very small bulb.
However, the 'ring' type lights on the roof, which come on when doors are opened or they are switched on, can be switched off.
The two small lights under the RVM (i guess you're talking about these) are your reading lights. These can be switched off using their independent switches placed on the roof console.

Last edited by Akki_5 : 22nd November 2009 at 13:29.
Old 22nd November 2009, 13:32   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akki_5 View Post
One small light under the RVM is the ambient lighting. It lights up your gear and center console. It cannot be switched off. Confirm if this is the one you're talking about. It's a very small bulb....
Yep, thats the one. However, there are two of them...Probably for more even light spread.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up.
Old 22nd November 2009, 13:53   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes am aware of that, however purchasing of the internet and then customs etc...No, I want a simpler way, pay the cash, take the grille!
When i order my parts the Courier company handles the customs part for clearing. I just hand in the money to them. DHL is the one i use. So it is basically pay by credit card for the part, have it sent by DHL or any other. They give you the duty amount payable and you pay them and the stuff is at your door step. You dont do any running around.
Old 22nd November 2009, 15:20   #37
BHPian

Quote:
When i order my parts the Courier company handles the customs part for clearing. I just hand in the money to them. DHL is the one i use. So it is basically pay by credit card for the part, have it sent by DHL or any other. They give you the duty amount payable and you pay them and the stuff is at your door step. You dont do any running around.
Do me a favour...Please PM the detailed procedure(really detailed...I'm a novice at this), if possible with numbers/websites that are dependable etc. Would really appreciate this. Thanks.
Old 23rd November 2009, 10:43   #38
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akki_5 View Post
One small light under the RVM is the ambient lighting. It lights up your gear and center console.
Just one of the many small touches that impress. It lights up the gear console in a oh-so-subtle and classy way!

Quote:
Do me a favour...Please PM the detailed procedure(really detailed...
No PM please. We would much appreciate the conversation continuing on the public forum. Reason? It's archived, searchable and will be of help to innumerable others. Thanks.
Old 23rd November 2009, 10:51   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
...No PM please. We would much appreciate the conversation continuing on the public forum. Reason? It's archived, searchable and will be of help to innumerable others. Thanks.
Agreed!

Suggested pm as that kind of information may be considered "private"? But an open forum information on this woud be much better and other views regards such information could be openly discussed.

Awaiting your post Speedy!
Old 23rd November 2009, 12:17   #40
Senior - BHPian

Mohnish i do not order parts for mordern cars or Mercedes, i do so for my vintage and classic cars. The only website i did go through for the W140 is Auto Parts, Car Parts and Auto Accessories at Discount Prices | Free Shipping - DriveWire.com The procedure is the same as i mentioned above in post 36.

The w203 elegance grill costs Rs 13,000 at the dealership. Attaching a picture of a similar grill on a car, let me know if it is the same one you want.
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes W203 C220CDI or W211 E200K-23112009322.jpg  

Old 23rd November 2009, 18:19   #41
BHPian

Quote:
...The w203 elegance grill costs Rs 13,000 at the dealership. Attaching a picture of a similar grill on a car, let me know if it is the same one you want.
Yes it is ... my enquiry at the dealer also returned the figure at 13K with a wait of a week.

However, I was lucky. A bit of searching and contacting the usual suspects at Opera House resulted in me getting the "original" grille at 8K. The only difference being that the one I got has 4 chrome strips instead of 3. I understand the 4 strips was issued for the US specs models.

End result ... I am satisfied
Old 3rd December 2009, 00:00   #42
BHPian

SOLD...Upgraded to a W211 E270 CDI :)

Ok this may really sound wierd and its the shortest time I really owned a vehicle but what happened is I got an "offer I couldn't refuse".

Got an exchange on my C220CDI+payment for an E270CDI done 34xxx genuine on the odo as well as confirmed by Auto Hanger, full service history, single owner clean etc etc.

Now honestly, the W211 is the one I have always wanted but could never get one with a clean history sheet until this one came along and that too a 270 CDI. So that it.....

Willl post a link to the 270 CDI thread here as soon as thethread is up.

Oh yeah, here is a pic of the C220 CDI for the record:
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes W203 C220CDI or W211 E200K-23112009032.jpg  

Last edited by Mohnish : 3rd December 2009 at 00:05.
Old 3rd December 2009, 10:48   #43
BHPian

Link to my W211 E270 CDI

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury...ml#post1613374
Old 3rd December 2009, 16:08   #44
Senior - BHPian

Hi Mohnish, Are you on a swapping spree I suppose you traded without loss? What did you strike the 270 at? Was it Tealite Blue? Year? cheers mate
Old 3rd December 2009, 17:30   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Hi Mohnish, Are you on a swapping spree I suppose you traded without loss? What did you strike the 270 at? Was it Tealite Blue? Year? cheers mate
Teah it seems like a swapping spree, but then when you think the deal is worth it...I figure go ahead. Is there anything such *** "traded without loss"??? I wish there was!!! Its Brilliant Silver.

Other details on the 270 are in the thread mentioned in post above. Don;t mind me not retyping the info again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks