Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2010, 09:16   #31
BHPian

Thanks Evo.

Well lets see what the car turns out to be. If its any good maybe I'll quote 14.

Will def take some pics and post them for general interest.

Would welcome opinions on the pricing lads
Old 28th May 2010, 12:14   #32
BHPian

Ok the car came over to my place this morning.

Taken pics which I am trying to upload.

Done 52500 km. New runflats, Bridgestone Potenzas. Comprehensive insurance for one year till may 2011. So no expenses on that front.

Despite the old (150bhp) engine awesome acceleration. Was pushed back in my seat.

Stone chip damage on windscreen. Will be fixed before (if I) buy with new windscreen.

Car last serviced at 49000 km.

Price stuck on 16. I would prefer 15.

There seems to be no major expense on car except maybe brake pads.

I would also be taking the car for a check to the dealer if the price gets finalised

Interior condition did not show signs of rough use.

Left rear door repainted but its probably due to a deep scratch not a bang as lines are clean.

Left headlight chipped but bumper matches perfectly with rest of car. Probably replaced entirely.

I also have an option of a 2005 C200K at around 12L.

I would prefer the Beemer. Either this one or hunting for one at the 'right" price.

Advice my friends?

Specifically 1) whats a fair price? 2) what are probable service expenses I can look forward to? 3) any other info/warning etc :-)

Many thanks for your time
Old 28th May 2010, 18:29   #33
BHPian

Wow what a fall in BMW 3 series price but i am sure its going to be a OK Types car a pristine condition BMW is still not available for less that 17-18 for a diesel for a 2007 model even after high line CD Etc if the owner is coming down on price to 14 or 15

Get it thoroughly checked there are 90 % people who swore by new car but even 90 % would jump and buy a bee-mer if it falls in civic kind of pricing if its for 14 then it should have been sold on the way itself
Old 28th May 2010, 21:41   #34
BHPian

some pics to help the advice...
Attached Thumbnails
Help!- used 318i, C200 AT or Accord 3.0V6?-beemer1.jpg  

Help!- used 318i, C200 AT or Accord 3.0V6?-beemer2.jpg  

Help!- used 318i, C200 AT or Accord 3.0V6?-beemer3.jpg  

Help!- used 318i, C200 AT or Accord 3.0V6?-beemer4.jpg  

Help!- used 318i, C200 AT or Accord 3.0V6?-beemer5.jpg  

Help!- used 318i, C200 AT or Accord 3.0V6?-beemer6.jpg  

Old 28th May 2010, 22:17   #35
BHPian

A scan of the Delhi Carwale for Beemers with 2007 model year shows prices quoted from 18 to 23 lakhs.

The price of 16 quoted includes brokerage as well as insurance for one year. A 50k value!

Could try to squeeze a service/brake pads change out if possible as well.

My only fear is unexpected parts failures which could leave me naked (-:
Old 29th May 2010, 01:17   #36
BHPian

I would strongly recommend checking the full history of the 320D you have posted. If this car is from Prestige something something a Mahindra First Choice agent. This car has been up for sale with them for 2+ months. I have tried to establish contact with a friend of mine who had seen the vehicle and shared the registration number as well for confirmation - will revert if he has any red flags to raise.

BMW offers to do a evaluation of the car mechanics for a small amount. Advise that you should do that. Further, I think the price should be in the 14.5 range even if the insurance is being passed on.

The Accord is the most reliable car as everyone else has already shared, but I'd also like to add that in the worse case scenario it will be the cheapest to maintain too. IMHO, a 5-year horizon best suits with an Accord... I have heard varied responses from dealers about the V6 pricing. According to them, the resale value comes down because of the low FE, and some have held to premiums because they could sniff a petrolhead in you.

All the best with your purchase.
Old 29th May 2010, 05:39   #37
BHPian

Thanks Barcode.

The car is indeed from First Choice as you say but they claim it has just come to them in May and the insurance taken is mid May. On a 60% NCB.

However I definitely would get it cleared from the service station.

Would appreciate feedback from your friend if any..

The Accord belongs to a friend but he refuses to come down. My issue with that car in only the FE as petrol is going to go through the roof in coming years..
Old 29th May 2010, 13:51   #38
BHPian

The beemer looks stunning. On general level check how expensive it is to maintain the car, check the history of the car, and if the service and the price of teh car does not make you go on the strict diet of not able to eat anything, then buy it. The smile you will get everytime you look at the car before entering it is priceless. Head over heart thats what people say, but heart makes you happy.
Old 30th May 2010, 13:40   #39
Team-BHP Support

Wheels are not what the India BMW's use, wheels are from a 5 series
Old 30th May 2010, 14:02   #40
BHPian

Hmmm interesting observation Ajmat.

I had googled Mahindra First Choice and I found lots of complaints on the net about them.

Especially that they too rolled back odo's and also that they interchanged parts of cars lying with them. Surprising since one tends to think of them as reputed.

Did not think that this could happen to a Beemer though.

There is also apparently an issue with the turbo and swirl flaps in 320d's. A lot of them have failed in the UK at around 80k odo reading.

This is supposed to have been fixed in post 2006 models but who knows?

So I am not rushing into anything.

Have made an offer for the Jetta and am seeing a Cruze LTZ this evening.
Old 30th May 2010, 17:14   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
im going to have to disagree sir. 5 series did not come with 16" rims. also if i remember correctly before the 3 series got a facelift the base 320d came with these rims.
Old 30th May 2010, 18:23   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
You are confusing them with the 530d Highline rims. The two are different although visually they may appear similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
im going to have to disagree sir. 5 series did not come with 16" rims. also if i remember correctly before the 3 series got a facelift the base 320d came with these rims.
Actually these were the standard rims on the 320d before the Highline was launched. Was that the same time as the LCI facelift? Then you're right Ak.
Old 30th May 2010, 23:35   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post

Actually these were the standard rims on the 320d before the Highline was launched. Was that the same time as the LCI facelift? Then you're right Ak.
you are right, these were the rims on the original 320d but after the highline was launched (before facelift) the base model kept these rims im pretty sure.
Old 30th May 2010, 23:45   #44
BHPian

Dont worry about the alloys.

Check out the muffler. Most 3 series have a rear facing muffler. This one is either downwards facing or its bent??
Old 31st May 2010, 01:10   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vajra View Post
Check out the muffler. Most 3 series have a rear facing muffler. This one is either downwards facing or its bent??
Don't worry about it. It's alright. The LCI has straight facing exhaust and the 325i has twin pipes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks