Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2012, 11:02   #46
BHPian

Re: Can one get a lightly used MX5 in India?

i am still on the look out but I would prefer to drop dead before I buy an automatic transmission miata.

I have not bought yet because I want a car thats as clean and unmolested as possible and have not come across a satisfactory one yet. bad paint jobs and body mods that would leave holes in the body are all over the place.

I am starting to think that given my familiarity and knowledge of miatas, I should just buy one and do a ground up restoration myself to my own standards.

Last edited by Harbir : 6th April 2012 at 11:03.
Old 6th April 2012, 13:16   #47
BHPian

Yes, I think that would be best option.
Old 6th April 2012, 16:00   #48
yuv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
i am still on the look out but I would prefer to drop dead before I buy an automatic transmission miata.
Hey guys, I have made another interesting discovery(Thanks to Harbir). One of the Miata's which I was considering has been registered as a 1498CC car, whereas it is a 1600CC car.

Now this has obviously been done to evade higher duties and taxes on a larger than 1500CC car.

Is this a common practice or should I stay away from this one? Thanks
Old 6th April 2012, 16:45   #49
BHPian

Duty was higher for cars above 1600cc at that time, so whether 1498 or 1600 duty was the same, just an error I guess
adilkhan5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2012, 23:24   #50
yuv
BHPian

Thanks Adil Sir, so I guess that's settled. Apart from the RC book, any other papers I should be scrutinizing carefully? Are the import papers, duties & taxes receipts and invoice mandatory documents?
Old 7th April 2012, 14:40   #51
BHPian

Very unlikely you'll get import papers for such an old import, if they are available, great! if not , no problem
adilkhan5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2012, 23:28   #52
yuv
BHPian

Hi All,

Recently I became a proud owner of a 1995, Automatic Red Miata, 1.6L. She is in fabulous condition with a clean body line. The best part is that the car is completely stock. I'm not at liberty to disclose the price as requested by the seller but she's worth every penny. The gear shifting is smooth and the pick-up is amazing. As of now i'm in the process of replacing the oil/filters/thermostat/etc and doing alot of research on maintaining and pampering this beautiful creature. I will surely post the pic's soon.

Many thanks from the bottom of my heart to Harbir, Adil Sir and everyone else on the forum for going out of the way and helping me out in selecting the right car!

Cheers,
Yuv
Old 22nd May 2012, 16:34   #53
BHPian

Congrats Yuv! Do post some pictures as soon as you can. Welcome to the club!
Old 11th July 2021, 19:41   #54

hello, I've been searching for a Mazda Miata but I have not found one yet.. If anyone can help finding one around 7L-10L it would really help! I saw one on OLX recently but apparently its sold! if anyone could help it would mean a lot!
Old 16th January 2023, 10:10   #55

Hi All, I know this is a very old thread but i need urgent help. I am moving to India from Australia and want to know how to take my 1990 MX-5 with me. I have owned it for 18 months and its in good condition. Are there companies in India that will do the importation for me?
Old 27th June 2023, 19:15   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
WHats the scene like in INdia for buying an MX5? Anybody know how much a 1994-1997 first generation model with low miles and mint condition sell for?
Hey, I am interested in purchasing a Miata, do you know anyone who may have one up for sale?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks