Team-BHP > What Car? > Luxury, Imports & Niche
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2010, 12:57   #31
BHPian

Last Saturday, I took the A4 on a long drive (same route that I took when I drove the 320d HL):

* The ride is 'much' better that the 3.

* Managed to scrape some of the speed bumps with 3 people in the car. I guess I can blame the supple ride/soft suspension and the guy who made the speed breakers!

* The steering is very smooth at city speeds and makes commuting a stress free task.

* The 'Auto Hold' function is a boon in stop-n-go traffic.

* You feel very detached from the road, almost as though you are floating above it; not a good thing.

* Played with the 'Audi Infotainment System' and it is quite lame when compared to the iDrive on the 3.

* Some of the buttons have a rather tacky feel; not acceptable for a car in this price range.

So the drive as such was filled with mixed emotions and by the end of it I didn't know what to think. Got out of the car, looked at the car and then all those feelings vanished. LOL.

Another thing is that, the colour combo (White + reddish brown) that I wanted is not available till December. On the other hand, the 320d HL (Black + Saddle brown) is available for delivery within a week or 2. How I wish the A4 had proper MMI; I would have booked the car already instead of going around in circles!

P.S. So does anyone know BMW dealers offering discounts on the 320d HL?
Old 25th December 2010, 00:58   #32
BHPian

Re: Vorsprung durch technik or Sheer driving pleasure?

-- AUDI A4 2.0 TFSI with WCI --
* Best price for the vehicle
* Best insurance rate
* Best rate for Audi Secure
* Average servicing cost and interval period

Hello cypher,

Don't know if you have made a decision yet but i booked an A4 earlier this month and got 120000 knocked on the asking onroad price. 60,000 is the best quote i received for insurance and another 60000 as dealer discount after much haggling.

Got the factory invoice today with the engine and chassis numbers. Will have her registered next month. It's a 2.0 TFSI silver with WCI ex-Mumbai.

Hope this is of some help. Write in if i can be any further help with this regards.
Old 25th December 2010, 11:38   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by __c_y_p_h_e_r__ View Post
* Played with the 'Audi Infotainment System' and it is quite lame when compared to the iDrive on the 3.
How I wish the A4 had proper MMI; I would have booked the car already instead of going around in circles!

Hmm unfortunately , MMI high is only available with the 3.0 tdi and 3.2 fsi
Old 27th December 2010, 04:50   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autobahner View Post
-- AUDI A4 2.0 TFSI with WCI --
* Best price for the vehicle
* Best insurance rate
* Best rate for Audi Secure
* Average servicing cost and interval period

Hello cypher,

Don't know if you have made a decision yet but i booked an A4 earlier this month and got 120000 knocked on the asking onroad price. 60,000 is the best quote i received for insurance and another 60000 as dealer discount after much haggling.

Got the factory invoice today with the engine and chassis numbers. Will have her registered next month. It's a 2.0 TFSI silver with WCI ex-Mumbai.

Hope this is of some help. Write in if i can be any further help with this regards.
Firstly, congrats on the buy!

Secondly, I am assuming the insurance rate you mentioned (60K) is for the comprehensive insurance and not secure - correct? If so, you can get it for 55K else you got a kickass deal... Which insurance company did you go with?

Thirdly, where exactly did you get your discount? On the ex-showroom rate or somewhere else? i.e. Where was it adjusted?

I ditched the idea of going in for the 3 and went in for the A4 2.0TFSI (White+Cinnamon Brown). I was pushing them for a EOY discount but no luck! I was told that this would be a 2011 model but I fail to understand how that can be since the car will arrive on the 28th of this month! Shouldn't a 2011 car be manufactured in 2011? Came to understand that all cars will be 3 months old since they come from Germany etc etc. Am I being gypped?
Old 27th December 2010, 10:59   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Came to understand that all cars will be 3 months old since they come from Germany etc etc. Am I being gypped?
Im quite sure the 2.0t and 2.0tdi are made here at Audis plant. Only the 3 litre cars are imported.
Old 27th December 2010, 14:44   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Im quite sure the 2.0t and 2.0tdi are made here at Audis plant. Only the 3 litre cars are imported.
Then again, from what I heard the plant assembles CKD's; I don't think it is manufactured from the ground up.

So does this mean that the manufacture date will be months ahead of the actual assembly? Someone please enlighten me.
Old 27th December 2010, 15:02   #37
BHPian

Car will be MODEL YEAR 2011 not Manufactured in 2011. Essentially they will not be coming out with a modified/updated A4 in 2011, we can wait till 2012 for that.

Great decision! I've been seeing so many A4's over the last few months that it makes me believe most people are over the bimmers old looks and C's under equipped models.
Old 27th December 2010, 16:41   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post
Car will be MODEL YEAR 2011 not Manufactured in 2011. Essentially they will not be coming out with a modified/updated A4 in 2011, we can wait till 2012 for that.

Great decision! I've been seeing so many A4's over the last few months that it makes me believe most people are over the bimmers old looks and C's under equipped models.
Thanks!

I do have another question for 2.0 owners with the "Radio symphony" MMI like interface. What is the highest capacity SD card that one can use with the system?

I have read that proper MMI supports upto 32GB, but not really sure about how much the "Audi Infotainment System" can support.
Old 28th December 2010, 04:37   #39
BHPian

Congratulations on your Audi, love the white + brown combo!

There is something about how the 'Audi Symphony' does not support SDHC (High capacity cards).

A regular SD with 4 GB capacity works on mine, SDHC's display a read error.
Old 28th December 2010, 10:24   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!

I do have another question for 2.0 owners with the "Radio symphony" MMI like interface. What is the highest capacity SD card that one can use with the system?

I have read that proper MMI supports upto 32GB, but not really sure about how much the "Audi Infotainment System" can support.

I dont know if its the case with all 3.0s and 3.2s or this specific 1 but mine has an 80GB capacity. No kidding
Old 28th December 2010, 14:44   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fre2bpowerless View Post
Congratulations on your Audi, love the white + brown combo!

There is something about how the 'Audi Symphony' does not support SDHC (High capacity cards).

A regular SD with 4 GB capacity works on mine, SDHC's display a read error.
I was initially planning to go in for white+beige interiors, but it just did not feel right. Then this option came along and I booked it without blinking ;-)

Read the link you sent across and it mentions that if the car is manufactured post 2009 and if the car is running the latest F/W then SDHC will be supported. Which F/W are you running at the moment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
I dont know if its the case with all 3.0s and 3.2s or this specific 1 but mine has an 80GB capacity. No kidding
I take it that you are referring to the inbuilt HDD and not SD cards?!?
Old 28th December 2010, 15:10   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Probably because you got the optional navigation/MMI high, I don't have it on my 3.2
Old 28th December 2010, 15:46   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Firstly, congrats on the buy!
Thank you sir, you are indeed very kind.

Quote:
Secondly, I am assuming the insurance rate you mentioned (60K) is for the comprehensive insurance and not secure - correct? If so, you can get it for 55K else you got a kickass deal... Which insurance company did you go with?
This is indeed for the full comprehensive. It was knocked down from INR 120,000 to INR 60k. The underwriters are HDFC ERGO.

Quote:
Thirdly, where exactly did you get your discount? On the ex-showroom rate or somewhere else? i.e. Where was it adjusted?
They have made an adjustment on the basic price (ex-showroom) mentioned on the sales contract. To verify this i insisted on the original factory invoice for my car. The factory has billed the dealer INR 29,75,622.92 wheras the basic price on my invoice is INR 29,09,000 net difference of INR 66,822.90. So i understand the factory and the dealer will have an arrangment to this effect.

Quote:
I ditched the idea of going in for the 3 and went in for the A4 2.0TFSI (White+Cinnamon Brown). I was pushing them for a EOY discount but no luck! I was told that this would be a 2011 model but I fail to understand how that can be since the car will arrive on the 28th of this month! Shouldn't a 2011 car be manufactured in 2011? Came to understand that all cars will be 3 months old since they come from Germany etc etc. Am I being gypped?
Congrats one of the best decisions you will ever make. I think 2011 refers to the specing of the car and not the year built. My car is also due for arrival sometime next week. However you are very lucky you got yours with cinnamon brown i wanted the same but was refused straight away, saying that was limited edition and they do not do it anymore for the A4?
Old 28th December 2010, 20:04   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I take it that you are referring to the inbuilt HDD and not SD cards?!?
Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fre2bpowerless View Post
Probably because you got the optional navigation/MMI high, I don't have it on my 3.2
Yes i do have MMI high.Even i dont know how & why its 80 though. I initially thought it has something to do with it being a CBU but then even 3.2s are CBUs.
Perhaps it could be because of the Audi Exclusive packaging ??!

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 28th December 2010 at 20:10.
Old 29th December 2010, 04:09   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Yes i do have MMI high.Even i dont know how & why its 80 though. I initially thought it has something to do with it being a CBU but then even 3.2s are CBUs.
Perhaps it could be because of the Audi Exclusive packaging ??!
Its optional like everything else on the CBUs. (B&O, drive select, keyless go, ventilated seats, 18" wheels etc.)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks