New S-Class 24 45.28%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2005, 22:57   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight
http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000843050401/
how can you belive on blog reports.people post anything on Blogs.
why dont you read the link i have given.it is clearly mentioned Far infrared.
but if u still insist on Thermal imaging system then i must say it is the most riducolous system to fit in a road going vehicle(as caddilac hace found out).

Imagine if there is a Ice block or a huge metal rod or rock lying in the middle of the road,the thermal system will never be able to get it,because the surroundings and the object are at the same temp or even lower.

Thermal systems are only useful to soilders who have to see only Men they are fighting against,in a car they will only show you people and animals on the road and far more lethal object will lie un-noticed,this is the reason Merc has used Near-infrared systems because they will show you everything in your path.

Forget that your argument was that Merc copied BWM on night vision,but if you read the link the BMW 7 with night vision goes on sale in Q4 05 which is later than the Merc,so you know who followed whom.It is Caddilac-Mercedes-BMW...............
Old 22nd December 2005, 09:27   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme
Forget that your argument was that Merc copied BWM on night vision,but if you read the link the BMW 7 with night vision goes on sale in Q4 05 which is later than the Merc,so you know who followed whom.It is Caddilac-Mercedes-BMW...............

But isnt this ENGLISH...."The system does not use a heads-up display, unlike the Cadillac system before it"...."Maybe it will give BMW a temporary edge against Mercedes until they unveil their own system".

and the argument was........BMW has no production thermal night vision system on any of its cars.It is just a technology concept that they are evaluating
Old 22nd December 2005, 09:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

Hey...merve...spoke with T&T and the SKD is not here until June time frame

does anyone have german price list of the car but in english..I have always wanted the price in germany but in english..any available??
Old 22nd December 2005, 11:00   #34
Senior - BHPian

Guys it has to be the 7 series.. the best would be a 740Li.. the probems of electronic glitches is long gone.. atleast is the 7.. but are still prevailing in the 5 and 6.. So in the end the 7 has been there for quiet some time.. and she sure has some presence.. and he new facelifted version looks gorgeous!!
Old 22nd December 2005, 12:48   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight
But isnt this ENGLISH...."The system does not use a heads-up display, unlike the Cadillac system before it"...."Maybe it will give BMW a temporary edge against Mercedes until they unveil their own system".
ok now i got it.BMW has thermal night vision which uses far infrared technology.what it means that both thermal imaging and far infrared are same,

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...23/138188.html

Quote:
BMW Night Vision based on FIR technology is a receptive system which uses the incoming heat radiation from human beings, animals and objects as a source of image data. The system is integrated in the existing electronic environment of the vehicle on a modular basis. Only two additional hardware components are required: the camera and the control unit. The 8.8 inch monitor required for display is installed in conjunction with the Professional Navigation system.

BMW Night Vision Far Infrared camera.

The thermal imaging camera is installed in the left part of the front bumper in its own housing. It is protected by impact-resistant glass and a fine grid. The camera cleaner jet is activated along with the windscreen washer system and ensures a clear view at all times; at outside temperatures below + 5 degrees C (+41 F), the glass cover is heated.

The camera operates with a resolution of 320 x 240 pixels and has a range of some 300 m; the image sensor registers heat radiated from people and objects within a wave band of 8 – 14 m. At speeds below 80 km/h (50 mph), the large horizontal aperture angle of the camera of 36 degrees means that not only the road can be identified but also the areas at the side of the road and surroundings (children, wild animals).
but what has heads-up display got to do with thermal systems.thermal systems can only show objects which have higher temp than the surroundings.you can't get rid of it wether you put it on heads-up,heads-down,in the dashboard screen or on your face.

and can you explain what edge BMW has over Mercedes in night vision?please dont make statements without any validity.Mercedes has already unvieled their hight vision and it is place on a screen in the instrument cluster which also shows the speed as digital simulation.

yes i agree that i did not know they had made the night-vision as production because in june 05 it was still under testing and after that i hav'nt read about it.

but why dont you accept that BMW has launched night vision on their cars later than Mercedes and caddilac.only thing BMW was first at was the idrive and i give them credit for it in other cases they have followed Merc,and that
is the truth wether you like it or not.

1day-i read it on CNBC that mercedes was launching the new S and M on 25th jan 06.but when you will be able to get one is another story.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 22nd December 2005 at 12:59.
Old 23rd December 2005, 12:24   #36
BHPian

Hey Merve chill dude...
Hey i guess you are takin' things to personally,,,what was the argument about
BMW has no production thermal night vision system on any of its cars.It is just a technology concept that they are evaluating right..All I wanted to say was BMW does have it in production cars..NOTHIN MORE.
Old 23rd December 2005, 13:52   #37
BHPian

definitely the beemer. and the 745d at that. 700 N-m @ 1750. thats a lotta low end lugging power...
Old 23rd December 2005, 15:21   #38
Senior - BHPian

ok knight,i have accepted that i did not know that BMW has launched its NV system.
Old 29th December 2005, 11:39   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490
Guys it has to be the 7 series.. the best would be a 740Li.. the probems of electronic glitches is long gone.. atleast is the 7.. but are still prevailing in the 5 and 6.. So in the end the 7 has been there for quiet some time.. and she sure has some presence.. and he new facelifted version looks gorgeous!!
Hi Maverick,
I believe its you that work for the BMW dealership in thane, I might be wrong, if you know who it is, can you please ask them and let me know what is the cost for the BMW 740Li and then what is the price the dealership sells at. I am a sucker for good deals and I love haggling..If I know the cost for the dealer and then the price they sell it at I can negotiate with the delhi guy easily.

Thanks

I know not completely decided for the 7 but I am considering it very highly..
Old 29th December 2005, 12:25   #40
Senior - BHPian

I just saw this and I flipped:

I want to sort of wait for the S and then maybe get theAMG package..this looks awesome..but still I would like to know the above mentioned details for the 7er..

Last edited by 1Day : 29th December 2005 at 12:28.
Old 30th December 2005, 02:27   #41
Awaiting Email Confirmation

7 it is, coz ive owned an E270 n do have n S in the family frankly my younger mama keeps blabbering about how his god damn 6 series is better than the S so not necessary owning one Merc makes it a better car !its definitely no match for the bangled baby

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks