Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2011, 19:21   #16

Re: PICS : Installed Bi-Xenon Projectors on my Innova

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Hi,

I'm not really sure of the shops name, but if you take the road from dairy circle towards Nimhans hospital, pass Brand Factory, you'd reach a traffic light intersection. Make a left and proceed straight for about 500m max., and you'd see a shop on the left hand side with lots of tyres. That is the place.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Nitin.

hello every one
that shop is called a1 car care before malige hospital and his name is ilyaz/aleem
Old 14th June 2011, 08:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Hey Nitin just a quick check, are the prices fixed or they vary? for the entire set i mean.

I know the brightness and light would be better than the halogens, how is the spread, were you able to try these out lets say on Nice road at night at around 90-100kph speeds?

Sorry lots of questions because even I am contemplating the projectors for my zen

Well you may get a 5% discount as the dealer(s) say margins are less. Ofcourse, there are cheaper models as less as 10K a pair, but without the angel eyes and some unknown brand.

I did drive even with the lamps non-aligned and in excess of 100Kph along NICE road, in the evenings, past 7pm and could make out very well.

regards,

Nitin
Old 10th July 2013, 20:54   #18

Folks

I'm looking to replace my new ( 2012 model) Toyota innova fog lamps with xenon HID kit. I'd like to know the bulb type for replacement. In addition to the above following are my questions.
A. Is it advisable to change the fog lamp with projector type HID kit with white angel eyes? If yes, is it available in India?
B. is it better to replace the OE bulb type (don't know what type?) with just same type 68/96 SMD LEDs?

Your response is much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 5th August 2013, 17:08   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovabuff View Post
Folks

I'm looking to replace my new ( 2012 model) Toyota innova fog lamps with xenon HID kit. I'd like to know the bulb type for replacement. In addition to the above following are my questions.
A. Is it advisable to change the fog lamp with projector type HID kit with white angel eyes? If yes, is it available in India?
B. is it better to replace the OE bulb type (don't know what type?) with just same type 68/96 SMD LEDs?

Your response is much appreciated. Thanks.
Okay, lets get some basics straight here. Fog lamps are supposed to be "yellow" in color, i.e. a color temperature of about 3000K. They are meant for you to be seen and NOT for you to see. The reason why such a low color temperature is recommended is because there would be less bending in fog. Obviously it would be red that bends least, but if you use red for your fog lamps, oncoming vehicles wouldnt be able to make out if its your vehicles front or rear side. The next available colour is Orange, but that's again used for turning indicators. So the next available color, yellow, is used.

However, if you wish to use the so called fog lamps for normal road visibility, then xenons may be recommended. The bulb type would be advised by the seller.

The question you should ask yourself is whether or not you need it, and how often you use them.
Old 21st September 2015, 20:18   #20
Team-BHP Support

need advise for my colleague's 2012 MY Innova . Stock Lights are very dim , any suggestions on current options from functional needs .
Old 21st September 2015, 20:43   #21
BHPian

Excellent lights Nitin. I have been fascinated with better lights than the stocks especially because of the road conditions in India. And now a days we drive at high speeds, we need better lights.
I have always been on 100/ 90 prior to buying my rapid.
I couldnt do any modification to my rapid ( warranty reasons ) but am motivated after seeing the video you posted .

Cheers,
Shailesh.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks