Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2011, 09:28   #16
BHPian

The original PDF files sent from Quartermile magazine May 2011

Hi,

Posted below are the original PDF files of the article in Quartermile May 2011
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Joe's article1.pdf (833.2 KB, 773 views)
File Type: pdf Joe's article2.pdf (1.04 MB, 411 views)
File Type: pdf Joe's article3.pdf (1.70 MB, 407 views)
File Type: pdf Joe's article4.pdf (1.98 MB, 331 views)
File Type: pdf Joe's article5.pdf (1.05 MB, 415 views)
File Type: pdf Joe's article6.pdf (547.3 KB, 353 views)
Old 10th June 2011, 10:39   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Turbo Baleno featured in the Quartermile plus magazine in the May 2011 issue

Very nice build, the best part being that you were hands on - literally. What brake pads are you running ? Upgraded or stock ? You have 12 psi on stock internals, is that not a tad over the safe limit ?

Nice car - congratulations on the build !!

Cheers
Old 10th June 2011, 11:24   #18
BHPian

Re: My Turbo Baleno featured in the Quartermile plus magazine in the May 2011 issue

@ Ricky_63 - Thanks.

Brake pads are stock - Ive been looking for better ones for some time now.

I have tried the setup at 10 -12 psi a few times. But presently its wastegated at 8psi for added safety.
Old 10th June 2011, 12:16   #19
BHPian

congrats on the turbo baleno. What is the quartermile figures?
Old 10th June 2011, 13:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Joe on featuring in the Quarterm ile magazine.
Your Baleno looks clean and is indeed a sleeper. I liked the alloys too.

What's the upside on the performance that you have achieved in BHP and torque ?
Also any performance Air filters ?
For a basic low cost mod, what all can be done at the least and can you give a estimate of the cost for the same ?
Old 10th June 2011, 15:23   #21
BHPian

@ brraj - Thanks. I have not timed it as yet. Besides, its not that quick/powerful - but its a fun daily driver turbo setup without compromising on reliability.

@ Fordmanchau - Thanks. I have not dyno'ed it, so I dont have the BHP & torque figures.
I have retain the stock air filter box and use the stock air filter for the daily drive setup but change to a performance air filter (modified to fit in the stock box) when I plan to push it a bit more.

Last edited by swiftboost : 10th June 2011 at 15:33.
Old 10th June 2011, 17:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hey, what's your boosted FE average. I am not talking very spirited driving. I am running emanage and getting low FE. I don't mind since my usage is ultra low. Thinking whether RD901 or Hondata on P28 will give slightly more FE. When i checked the AFR, it get rich only after 4k rpm and taking it above 4k is rare.
Old 10th June 2011, 19:48   #23
BHPian

@ Kutlee - The car has been giving me reasonably good FE. About 16-17 kmpl on out station drives and about 11-12 kmpl otherwise.
I prefer to tune it slightly on the leaner side for low rpm/part throttle and cruising and marginally on the richer side on the on-set of boost and a still richer later with higher boost.

Emanage blue is quite capable for a piggyback. Im sure you can get the desired performance/FE by tweaking the maps, tuning it further.

Im using the RD 901 ECU and its quite a capable hardware. But if you are using anything else other than a Piggyback - it may take a bit longer to get it to a desirable state of tune since you need to build the Fuel and ignition map cell by cell in most cases. Unless the setup has auto-tune or similar feature that can run Target AFR/ closed loop.

I have not used Hondata personally. But, I have seen it on many rides and Im of the opinion that options like Hondata or other similar setup that can run chrome, Neptune, ECtune etc can almost give you the advantages of both Piggyback and standalone. Besides, you may also find tons of info and usable maps thats often found on the internet.

Maybe you should try tweaking the maps in your emanage blue. you never know !!
Old 10th June 2011, 22:07   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftboost View Post
@ Ricky_63 - Thanks.

Brake pads are stock - Ive been looking for better ones for some time now.

I have tried the setup at 10 -12 psi a few times. But presently its wastegated at 8psi for added safety.

Thanks for the reply. I am running stock but new brake pads, which hold up well unless one is in the high 3 digit territory. Was thinking of going for Mintex from RRP that should be safer with one off high speed highway runs.

My car returns not more than 10 kmpl in city runs. I am using a Haltech ECU, I think your FE figures are great considering Baleno being bigger than Swift

Cheers
Old 11th June 2011, 07:11   #25
BHPian

@ Ricky_63 - I have heard that Mintex are better than what we get as OEM. Also heard that green stuff is supposed to be good.

Haltech is one of the better ECUs available in the market. Its likely that they have tuned it on the safe side (richer AFR) to ensure reliability and long term safety. Besides, Tuning usually take a bit longer for achieving fuel economy and stock like idle and part throttle response as compared to tuning for out right performance at WOT/ high RPM.

Maybe you could get the ECU remapped - at least in the low boost/ part throttle range to deliver better FE.
Old 12th June 2011, 00:37   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Joe, the article was an absolute joy to read. I like the rims and the complete stock look.
Old 12th June 2011, 11:31   #27
BHPian

@ m4ugr8 - Thanks. Yeah, I like the simple clean look.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks