Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2006, 02:13   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

msutang your car is already turbocharged and intercooled ,the best options you have is to get a pete's tuning kit and a k&n filter installed properly,getting a freeflow wont sound good in a diesel car.
Old 4th February 2006, 02:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

Pete's tuning kit has two levels if im not mistaken.and i think to use level two you have to have a free flow and a K&N filter.isnt that true ??

rev
Old 4th February 2006, 02:54   #18
BHPian

Confused???

Sometimes people dont look at the question before they answer...
It happened with me and I have been corrected....
Anyways...
U cant jst install a bigger turbo and feel at home!!! U need to do home work and should have lotsa money...
Pete's Tuning??? I know it gives pretty good results...
But does that work with CRDi Accent??
Why dont u get the entire details about ur engine specifications from the Manufacturer itself.
If u talk to the engineer at the Hyundia Service station he would let u take a copy of the Engineers manual. U need to know more about the engine before u can move another inch.
IT can be very informative coz that what helped me.
I wonder how many qualified techs are here to work on the newer high speed diesels with common rail direct injection. Simple terms like pilot injection becomes nightmare for many of these people.

If u have lot of money to spend and looking for some serious performance, u need to look at a bigger turbo with boost controllers pushin more PSI... I believe ur 3 cylinder baby would be able to take the extra compression loads.

All the other mods... Filters and Mufflers are going to give u negligable power difference.

Also If u want more power, reduce the weight of ur car... coz better power to weight ratio means better acceleration.

I might sound crazy... Tats why I do crazy things... And learn things the hard way..

Chill and peace....
Old 4th February 2006, 03:16   #19
Senior - BHPian

yes
petes tuning works with the accent crdi.one of the members aka drifter has pete's tuning box on his accent crdi.

about the idea of getting a bigger turbo.sure it will help but firstly it will be pretty expensive compared to a ready made pete's tuning box and secondly is it worth it ?

theres not much he can do to reduce the weight as its and everyday car and not a drag car.so cant take out seats and stuff but he can change his hood, boot spoiler to CF but that will turn out very expensive.so for starters i think he should stick with the pete's tuining box.

rev
Old 4th February 2006, 03:37   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
about the idea of getting a bigger turbo.sure it will help but firstly it will be pretty expensive compared to a ready made pete's tuning box and secondly is it worth it ?
In my opinion fitting a bigger turbo won't make much sence unless car is driven at high revs most of the time
magic word here is turbo lag, it will frustrate in day to day commute.
may be more intelligent people can tell detail about it/correct it
Old 4th February 2006, 04:28   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
In my opinion fitting a bigger turbo won't make much sence unless car is driven at high revs most of the time
magic word here is turbo lag, it will frustrate in day to day commute.
may be more intelligent people can tell detail about it/correct it

Turbo lag is always there, u want it or not...
Installing Bigger turbo is a statement and necessary doesnt mean swapping with a bigger turbo unit. It means somethin more efficient and different from on tat is on the car. The math has to be done to calculate the kind of turbo.

ITs always good to drive the car in the powerband, however that will excite only petroheads coz u need to be aware. I love that though. We are talkin about performance. U might have to loose something to balance the equation.

Differnt turbo with better efficiency means u might have to change the fuel injectors... I am talkin about huge gains.

These things dont come easy and tats why it isnt recommended.
Old 4th February 2006, 04:52   #22
Team-BHP Support

Review : Pete's Tuning Box On The Accent CDRi

cya
R
Old 4th February 2006, 10:48   #23
BHPian

How about twin turbo's.
Use the stock turbo for lower revvs and add another bigger turbo for that extra boost in higher revvs.

hmmm reducing the weight would be an ideal choice. But it will need time and a professional to do it.
Old 4th February 2006, 20:37   #24
BHPian

I neva thought of Twin turbo for this purpose... nice idea...
Howeva think about the amount of backpressure...
Old 4th February 2006, 22:14   #25
jat
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by general_neo
..........If u talk to the engineer at the Hyundia Service station he would let u take a copy of the Engineers manual. U need to know more about the engine before u can move another inch.
IT can be very informative coz that what helped me.............
Lucky guy. I have tried out with different dealers of diffrent brand (Have taken that model of car to them) but for some reason they felt shy telling me something about the engine details. Gettting the copy of manuals was impossible.

IMHO, a booster (small supercharger) along with pete's tuning box or remapping can so wonders. With this arrangement, you can forget aboout the turbolag and run pete's tuning box at maximum power setting or pete's tuning box can be modified to give more power.

RK
Old 18th February 2006, 08:52   #26

thanks alot guys. i was actually a little busy and did not log in for some time now. i have read each and every one of your advise and its been really helpful. i have my exams coming up in some days, will make a final desicion only after that. i shall definately keep you'll updated about this.

thanks alot once more.
Old 3rd March 2007, 12:04   #27
BHPian

Has anybody thought about plonking in a Verna VGT into a Accent CRDI?? Any ideas or suggestion would be great.
Old 3rd March 2007, 22:41   #28
BHPian

just get a tuning box and you'll need nothing else
and the remap is worth every penny, i agree you spend a lot of money at one go but consider you had petrol car, for the same performance gain you would have to do a FFE,intake, porting and polishing,TBE etc. and all this would cost you a lot though in phases.
Old 4th March 2007, 04:32   #29
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Dude,stick to the induction bit and thats it dont run yourself over by playing with headers and jack..true advice,petes tuning? good option however check with Drifter first.
Old 4th March 2007, 12:04   #30
Team-BHP Support

theres a review on the petes tuning box for the crdi.. just search around and youll find it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks