Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2011, 16:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2011 Volkswagen Vento TDI - Modded

Hey naveen, are you trying to convert me into modding. those polo lights posted by you look smashing. I especially loved the aggressive tail lights.
Old 30th June 2011, 16:36   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Hey naveen, are you trying to convert me into modding. those polo lights posted by you look smashing. I especially loved the aggressive tail lights.
. These are tempting me to mod my Vento too. Thankfully these are not available in Cochin. Else I think I would have modded the car. By God's grace am completely broke as of now.
Old 30th June 2011, 16:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sledge, thats one neat looking ride!
The alloys are super sexy.
I agree with the others, dont overkill it. Just get the lights smoked, and that should do it.
Also, as @radiokidb rightly mentioned, thats quite an upsize on the tyres. 8% variation. Is there any difference in ride quality?

EDIT: Naveen, do you want us to check the availibility in Pune/Mumbai?
As far as money is concerned, there is always a bank thats dying to give you a loan .

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 30th June 2011 at 16:51.
Old 30th June 2011, 17:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thats a brilliant looking car. What a good taste you have and what a smashing choice of colors and wheels that you have put in? I never thought that the Vento was a good-looker (unlike the Polo), but on seeing your car, I stand corrected. Your Vento is an awesome stunner.
Old 1st July 2011, 13:22   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Absolutely stunning Vento! I must compliment your taste, especially the choice of:

- Blood red body shade
- Black wheels + silver lip
- Number plate style + font
- Dark tints!

Some suggestions:

- Get rid of the stickers man (side panel and rear). They look ugly
- Please verify your tyre size. 205/60 R16 is the wrong upsize for the Vento
- Remove sunfilm from the top of your windscreen. It's not going well with your black roof.
- Pete's powerbox. Plug & play fun

Don't overdo it. Your car is looking real fab right now.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2011, 17:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

@ GTO - Seems like a description of my erstwhile Lancer !! Except for the tints

This Vento sure looks good !

Cheers
Old 1st July 2011, 18:45   #22
BHPian

Can you post some interior pics in day and night showing outside visibility with the 5% sun film?
Old 1st July 2011, 21:22   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
Can you post some interior pics in day and night showing outside visibility with the 5% sun film?

Lol why do you want that ?? 5% visibility is way way beyond permissible limits & in NCR you would pay INR 2000 for the violation & maybe (hopefully) have your vehicle impounded.

Other than promoting criminal activity It is also plain dangerous at night especially. This one is a no-brainer.

No offence - but I remain the right side of the law..

God Help !! 5% visibility (does that not say more than enough)
Old 1st July 2011, 21:56   #24
BHPian

@ dhanushs, mdsaab, arvi86, ricky63: thanks buddy, I spent some money on the wheels+tires. I will be upgrading to projectors soon as I save up a little.

@ gaurav chopra4: The windscreen has a 6" vinyl sticker, it is not sun film. You're right about the split sheets, it doesn't go that well. Should change it! Bought myself a lip spoiler from VW Palace Cross today, it's getting painted in matt black tomorrow, can't wait for it! it's gonna look awesome I think

@ naveen.raju: those headlights look amazing, but I'm worried they might not perform as good as they look. Besides, I think having “alien eye” headlamps would be overkill on my car. I saw the Polo GTI headlights, and have been trying to source them for a while. I've attached a pic for reference. I know Cochin has a crazy car scene, any chance you’ve seen these lights around?

@ fuel_addict: I have always debadged my cars. My Innova, Octavia, Indica all of them! I like how clean the back looks after debadging. It shows off the design, and shape beautifully without any distractions. The tints look dark on the outside and it was my first time getting such dark tints, but I didn’t think they were so bad to drive in, especially at night. I got used to them in a couple of days. I honestly don’t know about legal/illegal they are.

@ kiku007: Thanks!These Konigs were SUPER hard to find! It’s a bright colored car and I wanted to offset that with dull rims. I paid 26K for a set of four

@radiokidb: That was a typo, sorry bout that! The tires are 205/50 R16. I was kind of worried for going low pro, but the ride is not that different from stock 185/60’s and the Konig wheels are lighter than the VW alloys, so there’s less weight in the four corners, handles much better now!

@ vbsan: In my humble opinion, if one has a good body, he would look great no matter what he wears – business suits, casuals, anything for that matter. I think any car can be made to look elegant or sporty – it’s just a matter of style. I could drop the vinyl, black rims, low-pro tires and go for an entirely different look – make it a car that my dad wouldn’t mind be seen driving around in, you know? It’s just how you dress her up!

@ GTO: Thanks for the compliment! Yeah I was thinking of getting rid of the decals anyway, wasn’t going with the clean look. I tried to find out about tuning boxes for the car, no one seems to have one, atleast not just yet. Pete’s box is still under testing , Red Rooster has no idea. All I could find was boxes in Europe that ship for about 500 to 600 euro. I’m thinking I’ll play safe and just wait for Pete’s

I'm surprised noone commented on the pinstriping on the sides and the bonnet - that's a first for me, and I was actually pretty proud of myself about it :P Anyway, I will assure you that I won't overdo it, and will remain true to keeping it clean. Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Volkswagen Vento TDI - Modded-leadpologtigenevalive.jpg  

2011 Volkswagen Vento TDI - Modded-2011volkswagenpolovgti3.jpg  

Old 1st July 2011, 22:23   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Sledge, another small advice. How about changing the grille to mesh ones, or the ones seen the last pic you posted?
Old 1st July 2011, 22:25   #26
Team-BHP Support

During my lunch today, I was actually checking your car pictures along with the red Polo GTI, and there you have the picture posted. Your car will look even better if you can source that awesome honeycomb grille, and of course the smoked headlights. And GTO was spot on – it will look even better without the stickers on the sides, and black film on the windscreen.
Maybe that will be your version of Vento GLI. Attached is a picture of the Jetta GLI for reference
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Volkswagen Vento TDI - Modded-chicagomevwjettagli04_653.jpg  

Old 1st July 2011, 22:28   #27
Senior - BHPian

The black roof gels very well with RED.
I always thought Red looks worst in Vento. But with the modifications I cant think of any other colours that will look better.

I love the silver lining on the rims. Awesome.

The only thing missing right now is the Head lights.

For powerbox you can look for the following options.
-Pete
-Tune IT
-Unichip
-Race Dynamics
-Kiirus

Performance tuning.pdf

This is a PDF for their comparison. It was done on Swift. Might not be relevant but still worth a look.
oxyzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2011, 22:48   #28
BHPian

That is one red hot mean machine that you have got, simply stunning. As already mentioned by many bhpians, replace the stock head lamps as soon as possible and also your machine is begging for a spoiler. A spoiler will do wonders to the cars overall appearance.
Old 1st July 2011, 22:48   #29
BHPian

@ dhanushs, vb-san: Now where would I find a mesh-grill boys? It does look good though! I didn't mention this in my earlier post, but I was getting my plates done at this shop in Mysore, and some kid keyed the car! I felt like murdering the person who did it. I sent it for a rub and wax, and they still kind of show! SO, to kind of take the attention away from the keying, I got some decals. I decided not to re-paint it, and leave it like it is and thought it will serve as a 'nazar-thod' if you know what I mean? It's weird but I believe in the 'evil-eye' that some people carry.

@oxyzen: that's awesome dude, it even has their phone numbers! I will call them first thing tomorrow, thanks!

Anyone know where I could get a rear bumper like this? It would look really good on a red car.
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Volkswagen Vento TDI - Modded-2011volkswagenpolovgtirear.jpg  

Old 1st July 2011, 23:04   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
@oxyzen: that's awesome dude, it even has their phone numbers! I will call them first thing tomorrow, thanks!
Glad I could help.
Good luck choosing the right one.
Pete's should be the most reliable/Common anyway.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks