Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2011, 12:16   #1
Senior - BHPian

New Fiesta-D. Suggestions on variant & additional fittings

Booked All New Fiesta Sedan. Yet to decide on the available four diesel variants. This will be done based on their pricing structure which will be announced by 14th July 2011

High level feature list of different variants are captured below -

A. Style

[ABS with EBD, Driver and Passenger side airbag + Engine Immobilizer+ AUX in + Audio control on steering wheel+ Digital trip meter+ Low fuel warning]

B. Trend

[ S.No - A + Chrome radiator Grille+ Alloys+ Fog lamp]

C. Titanium

[ S.No - B+Voice Controls+ ORVM Electrically foldable+USB/Bluetooth/Leather strapped steering wheel, Metallic finishes in certain places like gear knob, AC Vents & Instrument clusters+Distance to empty+Digital clock]

D. Titanium+

[ S.No - C+ Cruise Control+Reverse Parking censors]

Since all those safety features are covered in the basic version itself, Iam thinking of going for a basic diesel version STYLE

I would like to add the following onto the car through aftermarket purchases

Blue tooth/7" or above screen / Facility to play movies on that screen/Maps /Reverse parking censors (not mandatory)/

Please suggest me an integrated product covering most of them, if not all of them. What would be the approximate cost of it?

Along with the above Alloys and Leather seats will be included

PS: I have a 12" Sub-Woofer (MTX) which I wanted to use in this car

PS-1: I guess that price difference between the lower most variant & top end would be minimum Rs.1L.

Wanted to opt for Pete's or Race dynamics tuning boxes at a later date..will this affects the manufacturer warranty?? Generally how long it takes for these Companies to introduce the product for new launches
Old 12th July 2011, 12:36   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: New Fiesta-D - Suggestions pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
I would like to add the following onto the car through aftermarket purchases

Blue tooth/7" or above screen / Facility to play movies on that screen/Maps /Reverse parking censors (not mandatory)/

Please suggest me an integrated product covering most of them, if not all of them. What would be the approximate cost of it?

Just got that done over the weekend on FIL's vento.
Pioneer 3350BT, Mapmyindia addon black box for maps on pioneer, reverse camera+sensor.
Pioneer screen is not 7", though.The dealer offered a sony with 7" and remaining functionality being the same for a similar cost, but i vetoed it.

total cost 48k.
could have been negotiated with, to bring it to about 42k but was not done, unfortunately.

You may have an issue with getting a Facia adaptor, so get that befor you get anything else.

EDIT:FIL was actually adamant on a Caska, but at 52k,it was too expensive,too ugly, and too slow.

Last edited by mayankk : 12th July 2011 at 12:39.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2011, 12:45   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

I always wished for the safety equipment for the base variants in cars.Thankfully Ford Fiesta just like Honda cars comes with ABS and Airbags even on lower variants.

I suggest the base variant and add accessories like Alloy rims, Music system, Upholstery etc to suit your taste, this ways you won't have to pay and live with factory fitted accesories like ICE and Alloys which you actually may not like much. But it also depends on the price difference between the variants.
Old 12th July 2011, 12:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Reviews mention that stock HU is very good. Iam assuming that (Pioneer 3350BT) will replace the existing HU. Is there a way out to retain the stock HU & add on my requirement in some way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
But it also depends on the price difference between the variants.
Agree with you. Everything depends on the price difference between the variants. My guess is, there would be Rs.1L difference app between the bottom most and top end variant.

Last edited by Surprise : 12th July 2011 at 12:51.
Old 12th July 2011, 13:07   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

No auto A/C? even on the top end variant?
Old 12th July 2011, 14:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
No auto A/C? even on the top end variant?
Except the basic variant, all others have Auto AC.

Oops! I was under the impression, it's common for all the variants. None of my previous cars had AUTO AC...hence may be I will not miss it. But its sure, a decision impacting feature for selecting the variant based on costs.
Old 12th July 2011, 19:38   #7
Senior - BHPian

Surprise,

What is stopping you from opting for Classic Fiesta Diesel top end with all the safety features but may be at the same price of the NFS entry level variant? This can be concluded once the pricing is released.

Well you could think about it after you do a TD of the NFS or are your simply buying it without a TD?
Old 12th July 2011, 21:14   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Option C(Titanium) seems to be the most VFM, rates notwithstanding.
Old 12th July 2011, 21:20   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

@Ghodlur, the 1.4 TDCi mill is not sufficient for the Fiesta. I would have taken the Fiesta even if the old TDCi was 1.5 instead of the 1.4.

And that's prev gen engine compared to the new 1.5.

@Surprise, the safety features are what can come only as OE. Everything else can be added later, according to your choice. Guess I would have done the same as you are inclined to.
Old 12th July 2011, 21:51   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Booked All New Fiesta Sedan. Yet to decide on the available four diesel variants. This will be done based on their pricing structure which will be announced by 14th July 2011
I will suggest to wait for the pricing to come out. If you are someone who like to do up your car, then it makes sense to go with the lower variant. Otherwise stick to the Titanium option, and you can do up the car later once you're out of the warranty period

Note: Someone mentioned in the Fiesta thread that the diesel will be initially available only in two variants. Maybe re-check that bit with the dealer.
Old 12th July 2011, 22:45   #11
BHPian

Thought Titanium looks to be the VFM variant, it may not be for you as you're okay without ACC. The other missing good-to-have-feature would be the electrically retractable OVRMs. Everything else just adds to the snob value and typically they're not the can't-live-without-them features.

Of course, you can point alloys and the love-at-first-sight fogs.

Having said that, wait for the prices! If Titanium is going to be anyting more than 50k (which I presume it will be) than Style, go for the latter.
Old 15th July 2011, 19:56   #12
BHPian

Surprise,

Have you given up on the Fiesta? I suggest you take a test drive before taking the final decision.
Old 20th July 2011, 16:37   #13
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Fiesta-D. Suggestions on variant & additional fittings

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Surprise,

Have you given up on the Fiesta? I suggest you take a test drive before taking the final decision.
Booked a Fiesta SXI, older model. Also heard that NFS Diesel delivery will start only by August 2011 end

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ps-device.html

Maps is the real price hiker here..what would be the option, if I remove the Maps from the list & what would be the pricing range.
Old 20th July 2011, 16:49   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Booked a Fiesta SXI, older model. Also heard that NFS Diesel delivery will start only by August 2011 end

Maps is the real price hiker here..what would be the option, if I remove the Maps from the list & what would be the pricing range.
Congratulations!
dont bang your head yet, you just might come to enjoy it more than the NFS

for the stereo i got done, i said 48k(?).
in that the MMI was about 19-20k of the cost.

EDIT:sorry, couldnt resist this....what have you seen being done behind your car while parking, that you need to censor it?
(I will run away, at great speed, now..)

Cheerios!

Last edited by mayankk : 20th July 2011 at 16:52.
Old 20th July 2011, 17:37   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Did you take a TD of the NFS before you took this decision?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks