Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2011, 15:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Remapping - Laura TDI CR with EDC17 ECU

I think you need to speak to Pete's Performance on this - they may be able to guide you perfectly. As they have been remapping Skodas, and their approach is "not going over the top" from what I have experienced.

Being in Bangalore, you can also meet with Red Rooster Performance. I do know if they are doing remaps for Skodas, but worth the effort I'd say.

Cheers
Old 21st August 2011, 17:16   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
I think you need to speak to Pete's Performance on this - they may be able to guide you perfectly. As they have been remapping Skodas, and their approach is "not going over the top" from what I have experienced.

Being in Bangalore, you can also meet with Red Rooster Performance. I do know if they are doing remaps for Skodas, but worth the effort I'd say.

Cheers
Checked with Peter, the remap for Laura MT is under development as yet. Tuning box for Laura MT has been withdrawn because of insufficient gains.

Red Rooster as I understand does not do remaps for diesels as yet but will recheck nevertheless. They do have spider tuning boxs. But as i mentioned in my initial post i am not really interested in a tuning box given the associated risks/compromises.
Old 21st August 2011, 19:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitm View Post
Checked with Peter, the remap for Laura MT is under development as yet. Tuning box for Laura MT has been withdrawn because of insufficient gains.

Red Rooster as I understand does not do remaps for diesels as yet but will recheck nevertheless. They do have spider tuning boxs. But as i mentioned in my initial post i am not really interested in a tuning box given the associated risks/compromises.

You are right - it makes sense it wait for the remap. My experience with remaps has been great. BTW can the stock 140 BHP map not be written as is ?? Would it be different for the MT ?

Cheers
Old 21st August 2011, 19:51   #19
BHPian

Quote:
You are right - it makes sense it wait for the remap. My experience with remaps has been great. BTW can the stock 140 BHP map not be written as is ?? Would it be different for the MT ?

Cheers
+1. Would love to get the OE 140 BHP map written as is. IMO it would mean the least risk and would also perform well as it would come backed by rigorous testing. Any leads on how to get this done most welcome!
Old 21st August 2011, 20:07   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+1. Would love to get the OE 140 BHP map written as is. IMO it would mean the least risk and would also perform well as it would come backed by rigorous testing. Any leads on how to get this done most welcome!

I would advise you to speak to your Skoda service advisor "on the side"....I am sure it would be possible, if not he may just give a reason why not & where

Nasty me..usually I am "by the book" kind of guy but this was just too straight forward to resist suggesting !!

On the other hand wait & see what Peter has to offer...I am sure it would be a notch above the stock story !!

Best of Luck
Old 22nd August 2011, 09:27   #21
BHPian

Quote:
I would advise you to speak to your Skoda service advisor "on the side"....I am sure it would be possible, if not he may just give a reason why not & where

Nasty me..usually I am "by the book" kind of guy but this was just too straight forward to resist suggesting !!

On the other hand wait & see what Peter has to offer...I am sure it would be a notch above the stock story !!

Best of Luck
I understand that . Let me rephrase my query:

a. Has anyone done this before?
b. Does anyone have access to documentation which suggests the Laura MT ECU can be adapted to 140HP fuel map at the time of ECU adaptation at the dealer?

Cheers
Old 23rd August 2011, 09:47   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Rohit,

Two of the most commonly used remaps internationally for the Octavia series (Laura In India) are from Shark performance and the PSI-Motorsport.

Below links will give you some more info.
Shark Performance - Volkswagen Audi Seat and Skoda Tuning

PSI motorsport : Diesel Tuning : PowerBox
(Engine selection I have done is for Yeti 81kW, as it was not showing in the Octavia list)
(As per my info, Petes offers the PSI solution in India).

Last edited by Behemoth : 23rd August 2011 at 09:49.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2011, 16:57   #23
BHPian

If someone with these 2"different" Lauras would want to come and check their horsepower on the dyne,I will gladly do it for free.that we would know the power difference in both the cars.
For the VAG remap, have u guys seen REVO(uk)
Old 29th August 2011, 20:17   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Rohit,

Two of the most commonly used remaps internationally for the Octavia series (Laura In India) are from Shark performance and the PSI-Motorsport.
I think Rohit has been in touch with Ben at Shark Performance, he didn't have an off-the-shelf solution for the CLCA motor. Apparently they are receiving a lot of inquiries from India, they are looking into it.
Old 30th August 2011, 12:06   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
I think Rohit has been in touch with Ben at Shark Performance, he didn't have an off-the-shelf solution for the CLCA motor. Apparently they are receiving a lot of inquiries from India, they are looking into it.
Quote:
I understand that . Let me rephrase my query:

a. Has anyone done this before?
b. Does anyone have access to documentation which suggests the Laura MT ECU can be adapted to 140HP fuel map at the time of ECU adaptation at the dealer?

Cheers
Hi Luky13/ Rohitm,

There is a member here on TBHP : "Sameel" who works for the company which provides the Common rail injection technology to Skodas and VWs and many others. He is a software engineer specializing in the engine maps for ECUs. You could get in touch with him directly and he may be able to offer you an insight that very few people would have! Even I am a Mechanical engineer (and have worked with an automobile major), but this area of ECU programming is purely in software domain and there is very little us mechanical engineers can adapt.
I have read many of his comments on other threads, and he is an expert on this.

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 15:11   #26
BHPian

Recently got to know, Cosworth in India has started offering remap services. They are quite competitively priced as well.

They do the remap through OBD as well as using bench flashing depending on the ECU type.

Does anyone have experience of Cosworth's remaps on Laura CR Diesel or similar VAG car. I have already read satya180's thread on his remap experience on a Swift.
Old 11th January 2012, 15:23   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Luky13/ Rohitm,

There is a member here on TBHP : "Sameel" who works for the company which provides the Common rail injection technology to Skodas and VWs and many others.

Regards,
Behemoth
And Mr. Sameel is in Germany right now if i am not wrong and been inactive from some time, worth trying though he might be of some help
Old 14th August 2012, 15:03   #28
BHPian

Finally managed to get the remap done. Some teaser pics. Detailed post to follow.
Attached Thumbnails
Remapping - Laura TDI CR with EDC17 ECU-20120809_145912.jpg  

Remapping - Laura TDI CR with EDC17 ECU-20120809_145015.jpg  

rohitm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2012, 20:09   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Finally managed to get the remap done. Some teaser pics. Detailed post to follow.
The trailer look enticing...awaiting more details on the re map.
Old 23rd October 2012, 12:52   #30
BHPian

Waiting with bated breath. post soon!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks