Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2006, 23:55   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtea
I'm going in for the Conical filter.
It's about Rs. 3750 I think.
Yeah you are right The muffler is mainly for the sound but I do feel the car is a bit more responsive.
hey gtea, pls keep up updated as to where exactly under the hood u install the conical filter, it has to be somewhere away frm all heat sources and preferably close to cold air. im planning on doing this too so some pics and info would be highly appreciated
p.s anyone know how much stock replacement filter costs for the matiz or is it even available???
Old 26th February 2006, 23:31   #17
BHPian

Hey guys can anyone point me to where I can Get suspension parts like Koni suspensions or any aftermarket suspension kits.
I'm putting off buying other perf. parts before I get suspension parts.

Does anyone know where I can get racing spec. suspension parts for my Matiz.
I have contacted Psycho and he said that he has not recieved the catalogue so he cannot tell me the exact details.
I have sent an e-mail to methodsonline, but I still haven't got a reply from them.

Can anyone please help me through this cause my tyres are taking a toll as I have to use the car every day.
Old 27th February 2006, 00:38   #18
anupam9055

dude i thnk n1 racing is the person u want to talk to.
he will give u the best of advice.
if u want performance get the throttle body ported . if u gonna use the car everyday i would suggest the pancake filter rather tht the conical cause the conical would need a hood scoop for optimum performance

Old 27th February 2006, 01:15   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam9055
dude i thnk n1 racing is the person u want to talk to.
he will give u the best of advice.
if u want performance get the throttle body ported . if u gonna use the car everyday i would suggest the pancake filter rather tht the conical cause the conical would need a hood scoop for optimum performance
Engine Performance can wait. All I need now is a good suspension setup.
I can barely handle my car with the stock suspension. So I guess I'll get to the engine stuff later.

I already have a Bonnet scoop for the conical filter. I got that made when I had my car repainted. The roads here are very mountaineous and twisty so the rule here is different from the plains.
Here the most important parts are the brakes, the suspension and tyres.

Further more N1engineering have already replied me saying that they do not have suspension parts or brake parts at the moment. (even though they have Koni logos on their website.)
Old 17th August 2006, 15:53   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtea
I already have a Bonnet scoop for the conical filter. I got that made when I had my car repainted.
Hey, can you post the pics of the car with a bonnet scoop. I am sure many people would love to see it.
Old 12th September 2006, 14:39   #21

Suspensions & Performance for Matiz

Hi Gtea,

I totally understand u r concern for suspensions. I have a 2000 Matiz (SD) whose suspensions have gone for a toss. Now I have to change them either to the stock ones or upgrade to an aftermarket ones. Koni is the only name that I am familiar with. So I called up metods (methodsonline.com) and autopsyche.com. None of them have suspensions for Matiz and given methods is the official distributor I really dont think any one has them. So now I am left with no option but to get a stock replacement.

On the performance front -

Brakes: I ruled out brakes as I read somewhere that the upgrade of the brakes needs more engineering and just upgrading the front / rear will affect the balance. SO just getting the break pads changed for time being

Free flow Exhaust: Spoke to Automech, they say that free flow doesnt work on Matiz but they can work on Muffler (But I have serious doubt if it will boost the performance)

Air Filters: I will sure go in for K&N filter. "Dragger" has referred me to some place in town. Will check it out. Otherwise even Fourseasons will mod the K&N to fit in Matiz (May be over the weekend)

Tyres: Just changed the stock 145/70/R13 to 155/70/R13 tubeless. Might upgrade to alloys later

Porting & Polishing: Dont know much. Any recommendations?

Piggyback chip: I have found a site which is talking about a piggyback chip which will override the oxygen senson signal to remap the ECU for five Pounds! If anybody can vouch for this I will get one. May be otherwise also as it is not really altering the ECU curves by some remapping.

Thats all I plan right now. Any help/advice from other enthusiasts??
Old 12th September 2006, 16:46   #22
BHPian

Go in for a Tri-Phase Module instead of the "piggyback chip" if you need 2 remap your engine...
Old 12th September 2006, 16:58   #23

Thanks for the advice.. Can you please help me with where I can find such a chip and will it be available for Matiz??
Old 28th May 2007, 15:08   #24

Hi ,
I would like to know if adding a K&N fiketr in teh matoiz has helpeed in increasing the power in matiz as the power of matiz goes really bad with the AC on.
Kindly post u r repolies soon and also try e-mailing the same reply to my e-mail address as i am keen in having an K&N filter added if its worth adding it just for power increase without effectig much of fuel economy.

Regard's
Raj.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks