Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2012, 23:03   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Baleno Makeover

Hi Ramesh. What happened with the rest of the clearer pictures. Keep us waiting eagerly for the same, and then disappear. Wicked ;-)

Please post the final hi res pics of the car (assuming it is done by now)
Old 15th February 2012, 13:08   #122
BHPian

Will do this week as I have just come back from my honey moon after my marriage..

Incidently the ICEMAN is up for sale now as the owner now wants to buy a juicy second hand Octavia from a known source and do it up more extensively but cant afford to keep the ICEMAN and buy and modify the more sporty, bigger and solid Octavia. So if anyone is interested in the ICEMAN do let me know and I will direct them to the owner Varun...will post more pics soon as I get through my 3 weeks backlog of work related loose ends.

CHALK n CHEESE - Here are a couple of pics to indicate the surgical nature of the modification when the ICEMAN is parked next to a Stock Baleno...

The tail looks a lot broader and the round lights compliment the elegant Jaguaresque shoulder.
The Baleno Makeover-dscf2817.jpg

The ICEMAN rides higher so ground clearence is not an issue though ICEMAN looks lower slung than the stock car.
The Baleno Makeover-dscf2821.jpg

The frontal facial surgery is dramatically obvious bestowing a new character onto an otherwise staid, pleasant and anonymous looking face...
The Baleno Makeover-dscf2823.jpg

Please click on the pics for larger images.

Last edited by R.K.Ramesh : 15th February 2012 at 13:29.
R.K.Ramesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 16th February 2012, 08:27   #123
Senior - BHPian

I saw this car in person one night and it took a while to figure out what it was. Brilliant executed .. Looks great from all angles.
Old 16th February 2012, 09:35   #124
Senior - BHPian

Neat !! The front is simply awesome and it's unfair that you put the stock baleno on the footpath for a comparison. BTW congrats on getting married and welcome to the darker side of life .
Old 16th February 2012, 09:56   #125
Team-BHP Support

I generally would not say this, but that's a wonderfully executed modification. I was a little afraid that it might land up in the Weird & wacky mod-jobs thread. It looks clean and un-fussy. I like the little detailing that you've splashed around the car. The bulge in the bonnet gives it a lot of character.

It is a bit weird, but I love it. I've always liked quirky designs.

I see that a lot of inspiration had been borrowed from the VW Scirocco.

Give us some more high-res pictures please.
Old 18th February 2012, 17:00   #126
Senior - BHPian

The car looks great RK. The front end has come out quite well and has an aggressive character to it. Beautiful work.

Some more high res pics would be good. Also, if you can take some low level shots in profile and from the front it will be helpful to understand the ground clearance level. The front bumper looks like it is itching to kiss a lot of speed humps, parking ramps, inclines and so on. Hope that is not the case
Old 20th June 2012, 22:54   #127
BHPian

Just stumbled upon this thread belatedly. Wow, what a stunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I see that a lot of inspiration had been borrowed from the VW Scirocco.
I totally agree, especially the headlamps. Is it just me, or are there the hints of the Evo X in the front end?
Old 20th June 2012, 23:08   #128
BHPian

Amazing work Mr RKR THE BALENO looks killer ,the paint job is superlative to say the least ,the subtle lines are mind blowing and the stance is just great.
The integrity of the structure being maintained is the best part. kudos to you.
Old 22nd October 2012, 17:39   #129

Super Job!!

Really well executed makeover, an avid car spotter like me will take sometime to figure it out. Loved the way you took us through the whole process as well.

Again great job!!
Old 22nd October 2012, 17:49   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Beautiful ! This is coming out much better than the Logan did. And good you all decided for the red instead of black.
I see the Logan everyday on my way to work and trust me the Baleno looks fab . Eager to see it in person.

It has the typical RKR trademark when seen from the front.

Last edited by sumathindra : 22nd October 2012 at 17:50. Reason: edits
Old 22nd October 2012, 18:21   #131
BHPian

The car is a head turner for sure. Really loved the outcome, especially the front part. The rear lights are just awesome. No words!

Kudos to you.
Old 22nd October 2012, 19:37   #132
BHPian

This is just fantastic! I think the biggest compliment I can give you is that it does not look like a mod job at all. Brilliant. I'm positive you will get multiple requests from interested Baleno owners.

I didn't like the rear though. I guess expectations are sky high with a front like that.

OT: I don't know if you undertake miniscule jobs but I'm interested in a functional mod on my verna. Mainly adding powerful aux lamps in the stock fog lamp location like in the image below. I want the lamps to be behind the grill so that they do not break the clean lines. Plus keeps the job simple.

The Baleno Makeover-hyundai-front-ii.jpg

Do let me know if you can help me out. I completely understand if you take up complete makeovers only.

Thanks!

Tassem.

Last edited by Tassem : 22nd October 2012 at 19:40.
Old 23rd October 2012, 10:05   #133
Senior - BHPian

The front looks awesome! Everything else including the color choice and the interiors are too bling for my choice. IF I was given a chance to rework this car, I would change the color to matt black, change the rear to make it more sharper including the tailights, change the wheels to a 16 incher deep dish BBS multispoke with chrome lining, remove the red interior piping and choose a neutral black on black stich stanley leather combo over it and probably put a sunroof on the top. But like they say, to each his own!

Commendable effort. Ride safe!
Old 23rd October 2012, 14:06   #134
BHPian

A very well finished job I must say. The front end looks kind of EVO-ish which is very good. The only thing that I feel could be better is the rear. Makes the car look a bit smaller IMO.
But, to each his own.
Maybe, if a second smaller circular slot was made in the boot to accomodate another set of lights, then the look would have been a bit better.
Just my 2 cents
Old 5th December 2017, 15:07   #135
BANNED

Okay, I am a little late to view the thread and reply on it, but it was fun reading it! The Baleno errr.... I mean, the ICEMAN looks great after that overhaul. The front is really aggressive. Just one little thing that I didn't like is the rear. I am sorry RK sir. Maybe it could be due to different tastes, or I guess I was expecting to see a little more. But overall, it was fun to read the transformation of such a nice car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks