Team-BHP - Is It necessary to add new plug wire,ignition coil if adding new NGK Iridium Plug
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Is It necessary to add new plug wire,ignition coil if adding new NGK Iridium Plug (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/11104-necessary-add-new-plug-wire-ignition-coil-if-adding-new-ngk-iridium-plug.html)

If I want to add new ngk iridium plug,do i need to change plug wire too?...and also ignition coil too?Will original one in my esteem will
?I M having 1995 esteem with LPG gas kit & stock replacement K & N filter.

Hi,

The Iridium plugs are mainly performance oriented. To get the best out of them it is recommended to change to better quality plug wires and a ignition coil. I would not recommend the Iridium plugs in your application.

Viper

Why dont yor recommend? NGK aint good or coz its gonna be fed with lpg?

Hi,

I dont because I am assuming the vehicle is not going to be performance oriented considering it has LPG fitted. To do justice to the plugs he should change the plug wires as a bare minimum upgrade total cost of plugs + wires approx 5500-6000. Now decide is it justified.

Its best he specifies his application and usage.

Viper

Iridium plugs without wires = Batman without Robin

Hey Viper

Do u recommend these changes to be done in my Santro.

I already have installed
K&N Stock Replacement Filter
Free Flow Exhaust.

Thanx
Enjoy Revving...

Quote:

Originally Posted by rareone
Hey Viper

Do u recommend these changes to be done in my Santro.

I already have installed
K&N Stock Replacement Filter
Free Flow Exhaust.

Thanx
Enjoy Revving...

Hi,

If it is performance you are looking for then I would suggest you swap your filter with a conical one and put a good intake pipe. This will make more difference than the plugs & wires.

Viper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat

lol:
Iridium plugs with wires + better ignition coil.= Batman + Robin + batwoman in their batmobile :D

Isint a Conical Filter same as a performance filter?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas
lol:
Iridium plugs with wires + better ignition coil.= Batman + Robin + batwoman in their batmobile :D

Isint Batmobile a two seater :OT

Ignition coils does that mean wires as well as the coil? also which brand is good? i have only heard of MSD & magnacore. is just changing the wires ok. can some one please tell me the cost of both?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajalphonso
Ignition coils does that mean wires as well as the coil? also which brand is good? i have only heard of MSD & magnacore. is just changing the wires ok. can some one please tell me the cost of both?

Hi,

Yes means both. There are several good brands like MSD, Mallory, Spitfire, Magnacore, Accel etc. Good plug wires will cost from 3.5k for a set to almost 10k depending on the brand & model. Ignition coils will cost from 3k for the cylindrical ones to around 8k again depending on make, model.

Viper

Hi all,

When I decided to add K&N filter on my LPG run carburator esteem....same thing happenbed...even the dealer was not knowing whether this filter with LPG will perform or not........................& to my surprise it indeed....its performing so well.....my FE increased by minimum 1.5Km in daily mumbai traffic & travelling of 60Km daily.I think irrespective of LPG or petrol...this filter works & if driving condition remaining the same then definitly giveds good FE.
Hence I decided to go for iridium plug.I think what this plug do is to give more intense spark at less consumed voltage.Now in case of LPG...its being electrically resistive gas,normal plug has to work hard to ignite this fuel.If spark ignition intensity is improved then it results in better combustion & hence better FE.

I will post after running my car for a week.

Without K & N stock replacement filter my car returned 450Km per full tank of 45Kg in normal city driving.Now returning 500 with much omproved acceleration & improved torque ar entire range of rpm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper
Hi,

Yes means both. There are several good brands like MSD, Mallory, Spitfire, Magnacore, Accel etc. Good plug wires will cost from 3.5k for a set to almost 10k depending on the brand & model. Ignition coils will cost from 3k for the cylindrical ones to around 8k again depending on make, model.

Viper

With regards to coils there are the ones which are rectangular & the other cylndrical type which are like the normal one in the car. which are better, & what are the prices for the two types.
What changes in FE & power can one expect

Quote:

rl:
ROFLMAO!!!

Do u ever fail to amuse???

Sometimes you get good deals, I got NGK wires + iridium plugs on ebay for less than $100 delivered to a friend