Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2006, 21:43   #16
Team-BHP Support

If you note - Ford neveer asked him to do anything again - something fishy there!!!!
Old 9th March 2006, 21:51   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
If you note - Ford neveer asked him to do anything again - something fishy there!!!!
Fishy, as in? whats up here?
Old 9th March 2006, 22:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund
Fishy, as in? whats up here?
He did the InXS design of the fiesta for Ford..
Old 9th March 2006, 22:29   #19
Senior - BHPian

DC has done 2 designs for Ford. First one, a 2 door when the Ikon first came out, the second was the InXs what appeared at 2006 Auto Expo.

In both cases, the car was shown at the Ford stall, not sure if Ford commissioned the design.
Old 9th March 2006, 22:58   #20
BHPian

oh my god......
will the Rolls guys sue DC for this ( please !!! - Mav - am waiting ) ??
Old 10th March 2006, 08:39   #21
Team-BHP Support

Well, if he had done a good job, Ford and its affiliates would have given him a lot more work.

Rolls are very particular. BMW do not own the RR Brand, they pay a royalty to RR (which is now an aerospace company) who own the brand and one of the caveats is that the car must be worthy of it's name. They sued people for selling kits converting VW beetles to have a RR grille, there was a RR merlin powered dragster which was forced to strip its grill off
Old 7th June 2006, 04:40   #22
ash_edged

Should you be proud of DC ? or anit DC ?

Here is another look at the Rolls Royce from a better side profile ...

Also the strech Prado (never knew about this)

Anyways I guess most of us understand DC's present market situation which is his capability to manufacture customised made to order cars with extremely high quality inside - out. Am sure many of us have heard about DC expanding to Dubai that is the "Al Araba DC" venture. He might suck big time on designing but what he is cashing upon is cheap labour and i mention again with good high quality. So manufactring is what he might be doing for the 5 international projects he has in hand and not designing.

As far as the mods on Rolls Royce, Toyota Prada, Porsche Cayenne and Mercedes S500 go they might all be his, just trying to show the international companies that he is capable of striping, restructuring and assembling the cars whilst maintaining high quality standards. And frankly it is not easy to strip a Rolls Royce down to its body shell and re-make again with all that gadgetry and electronics involved. So I think insteasd being anti-DC we should be proud of him to redirect business from European countries to India.

Hope at least some of you agree.

Cheers,
ash.

Old 7th June 2006, 10:04   #23
Senior - BHPian

i like some of dc's designs. specially the tempo travellers. noone can deny the quality of his work or the trend of customisation he started in india. before dc there was noone who would customise cars professionally. dc changed that. also i guess he doesnt cater to the boy racer market. his designs maybe a bit radical. anyone remember the yellow opel astra touring car he did? tht was really good looking
Old 7th June 2006, 10:08   #24
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I too think DC has all the capabilities to do anything to cars.
But his designs are too futuristic for us,but those same designs will someday be part of our lifestyle.
Did you notice that after that rollsroyce from DC they have launched a new coupe version of the phantom.
I think his work is awsome,though expensive for us its dirt cheap for some people who want style and comfort.
I am with DC designs from now on,but only if his car exterior look as great as his interiors.

And yes that prado has a toilet at the back(in the trunk)!!!
Old 7th June 2006, 11:38   #25
BANNED

How many of you have actually SEEN the inside of a DC designed car/van?
Do you call Protruding screw's out of metal/wood good quality.
He might only pay close attention to the one off design's he does for big companies but if joe public goes to him to have something done.. its K R A P!!
Old 9th June 2006, 00:08   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
He might only pay close attention to the one off design's he does for big companies but if joe public goes to him to have something done.. its K R A P!!
my neighbour has a tempo traveller done by dc and i didnt notice any such problems.
Old 9th June 2006, 15:06   #27
ash_edged

DC work under quality ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8uLoose
Thats what i mentioned earlier he is concentrated on only big international projects where there is bulk manufacturing. Like the "Al Arab DC" where they are manufacturing 300 - 400 cars a month which are exclusively designed with high quality for probably the shiekhs ! As far as the public cars is concerned i agree that some of them are under qulaity but as far as i have seen / heard is only one such tempo traveller which was total rubbish quality work and trust there are many imposters around too. Like people putting up "www.autopsyche.com" on their rubbish car kits.

DC cars done up in delhi was via ***** motors which is also partially responsible for under qulaity work as far as i heared. But i relly dont think that protruding screw's out of metal / wood would make him display not only at Auto Expo's in the last few years but also in Geneva Motor Show.

Cheers,
ash

Old 9th June 2006, 19:41   #28
BHPian

Hey understood that the DC completely spoilt to look of the Phantom, or he must have given the lok of the Phantom... Much deserved coments from the BHpians..
But one thing i scratch my brains out is... *** is the owner of these cars.. ?? That would give DC to modify their cars.. and car.. we talking bout Prado / RR.. !!
I think now must be having Lamborgini & Ferrari Enzo in Mind.. even if he does i hope he knows that the Enzo got a full Fiber body.. and dosent convert them in Cheap fiber or Metal !!
Can some one show me the wall to bang my Head !!!!!!!!
Old 9th June 2006, 20:21   #29
BHPian

DC DESIGN DOES A GOOD JOB.You should be proud of him.Does anybody have more pics of those cars?
Old 9th June 2006, 20:50   #30

suggest dc to learn car designing again...back to school....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks