Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: K&N v/s ICE
why ice when you can have some live humm, maybe a lill' more . . . climb that first step of K&N !! 22 68.75%
how can you not have adequate bass, lets ICE !! 10 31.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2006, 13:16   #16
Team-BHP Support

just an update guys, the 504 has stopped, and has been replaced by some 554 model. any views on thsi product gurus?
jay: i already have a stainless steel Machiangli cat-box exhaust which gives me some reasonable humm.
Old 22nd March 2006, 14:05   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Check 5u3zero's gallery, we both use the same filter. Pretty good and is Made is USA so no compromise on quality.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vbpicg...p?do=big&p=894
(Blue piping was got from a hardware store )
The Ractive filter is good, I felt the improvement in my car's performance straightaway. My next air filter will also be a Ractive not a K&N!

I think you should increase your budget by another 4k and do both.
Old 22nd March 2006, 22:40   #18
Senior - BHPian

Slightly off-topic... sorry Manson but I was wondering if the stainless steel/mild steel sports exhausts around can be used on multiple vehicles ? As in are they more or less universal (like say for any 1.3 engine same one can be used?) or or they model/compnay specific ?
Old 23rd March 2006, 13:58   #19
Team-BHP Support

yes they are universal, will try to post up a pic of the exhaust in a couple of days in the garage section.

manson.
Old 23rd March 2006, 14:38   #20
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
if bass is your only concern then i would suggest you to go for an ICE, if you want performance gain and some bass then go for K&N with a free flow exhaust...
Hi Manson, ok now that i know u have free flow exhaust too, do you have headders ?
by the way when you put K&N ( along with your free flow ) the bass\humm that produces will be heard more on the outside ( by people outside ) but the ICE - bass is heard more inside than outside ( depending on how much you want to spend )...
i spent 6k on the 504z amp and 5.6k on the 12" xplod sub.... a total of 11.6k on the sub and amp alone, in case your budget/savings is less than this ( 6k as you have specified ) then i would surely suggest you to go for the K&N without any second thoughts...
Old 23rd March 2006, 14:47   #21
Jay
BHPian

forgot to add, the 5.6k i spent on the sub is with the box.... and i also had to spend about 1k on the wiring kit ( Boss ) thats after bargaining...

about the extreme filters, one of my friend has it on his accent( he has headders and free flow exhaust )... man his car flies... and the bass his car produces makes the glass on my window ( home ) vibrate.

for 6k i would suggest you go for K&N as you wont get a decent ICE for that rate.... as i said earlier..... K&N without second thought

by the way i guess the 504z is still available, check out www.sonyindia.co.in for further details...
Old 23rd March 2006, 17:35   #22
Team-BHP Support

hi jay.
the budget is slightly more flexible, and a sony 554 (replacement for 504) can be had for 4.5k and 12 inch decent pioneer/ sony sub for 3k. add about 1.5 k for some miscellaneous stuff.
manson.
Old 23rd March 2006, 17:42   #23
Senior - BHPian

I dont think Manson has a free flow exhaust . He just has a cat-box to give him some hummmm as he says above 2500 RPM. Right Manson ?
BTW - I would suggest you go for nice ICE system instead of the Free-flow exhaust. The reasons being - 1) you already have a nice powerful car and 2) when you drive its a pleasure to listen to your favourite music as you want to hear it.

cheers
Old 23rd March 2006, 18:33   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
I dont think Manson has a free flow exhaust . He just has a cat-box to give him some hummmm as he says above 2500 RPM. Right Manson ?
yes NC, actually starts to open after 2000 RPM. btw, the exhaust had a minor leak around when you heard it, did you like the way it sounds though?

kinda off-topic but just a few days back after giving the valet my car i heard a sweet sounding exhaust, turned around to find out that the valet was enjoying a free revving honda which indeed was mine

manson.

Last edited by manson : 23rd March 2006 at 18:35.
Old 24th March 2006, 11:27   #25
Senior - BHPian

hardly listen to my stereo now.... except when the windows are up and the ac is on.... best music to my ears is psycho's custom job on the performance exhaust system...... way too kewl.....
Old 25th March 2006, 20:39   #26
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
BTW - I would suggest you go for nice ICE system instead of the Free-flow exhaust. The reasons being - 1) you already have a nice powerful car and 2) when you drive its a pleasure to listen to your favourite music as you want to hear it.
Hey Manson why do i get the feeling that you have ICE on the back of your mind....

Anyways after reading what NC has posted about your car and based on what u have said about you car's exhaust note, and also that your budget is a little flexible... i would surely recommend you go for the ICE.

Well i dont know about you Manson but i just cannot drive without music... the ICE that i have ( mentioned earlier ) even acts as a back massager for me , even the drivers seat vibrates when i listen to songs ( just to give you an idea of the bass produced by it ) ... Now that i have an ICE, am thinking of going for performance mods .....

PS : in case you want to go for 12" sub then try going for an amp thats a little more powerful than the 504z/544 ( if your budget permits )for even better results... else, this setup too will do...
Old 25th March 2006, 20:42   #27
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
yes they are universal, will try to post up a pic of the exhaust in a couple of days in the garage section.
Have you posted the pics yet ??? how much did they cost you...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks