Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2012, 12:30   #1
Team-BHP Support

3M Car Care, Marathahalli (Bangalore)

3M has opened a car care centre in Marathahalli (next to Bageecha Restaurant) just after the Spice Garden bus stop.

It is quite a big facility which can accommodate about 3-4 cars at one go.

There's also a lounge for customers while the cars undergo detailing.

Here are the rates they quoted for my Corsa;

Interior Treatment -

Shampoo-based : Rs. 1195+tax
Foam-based : Rs. 1795+tax
Foam-based + A/c vent cleaning + 5-point check : Rs. 2495+tax

Exterior Treatment -

UV Protection : Rs. 895+tax
Power shine : Rs. 3195+tax
Paint sealant : Rs. 4495+tax

The car-wash is steam-based.

Address :

Whitefield Main rd,
Below SNAP Fitness,
Near Kundalahalli Gate, Marathahalli

Jan 2016 Update: The outlet is now shut down.

Here's a link to the new location by the same team & management.

Last edited by GTO : 16th February 2016 at 10:36. Reason: Added Update
libranof1987 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th June 2012, 15:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: 3M Car Care, Marathahalli (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
3M has opened a car care centre in Marathahalli (next to Bageecha Restaurant) just after the Spice Garden bus stop.
Do they stock car treatment products (micro fiber cloth, shampoo, wax etc)? 3M HSR layout has a good collection.
Old 13th June 2012, 15:10   #3
BHPian

Yes i have noticed that, infect i was looking for Wax & Polish price but somehow not able to reach customer care tried 3-4 time. thank you for sharing this information much appreciate it.
Old 13th June 2012, 15:16   #4
Team-BHP Support

Thanks libran, I noticed this place yesterday when coming back via Marathahalli bridge. I usually take the railway crossing shortcut to hit ORR so missed seeing this till now. Seems to be a rather big place from the outside. I was a tad surprised that this Marathahalli branch doesn't have water based washing. Steam-based washing is in the UB city branch, but that's understandable due to the location in a mall basement. Why here?

I think the Power shine treatment cost should be 895/-, not 3195/-. I get Power shine done once in 2 months at the HSR Layout centre.

Last edited by KarthikK : 13th June 2012 at 15:22.
Old 13th June 2012, 15:22   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Thanks libran, I noticed this place yesterday when coming back via Marathahalli bridge. I usually take railway shortcut to hit ORR so missed seeing this till now. Seems to be a rather big place from the outside. I was a tad surprised that this Marathahalli branch doesn't have water based washing. Steam-based washing is in the UB city branch, but that's understandable due to the location in a mall basement. Why here?

I think the Power shine treatment cost should be 895/-, not 3195/-. I get Power shine done once in 2 months at the HSR Layout centre.
Hey Mate i just spoke to them and found Power shine treatment cost would be 3890/- for xuv 500 on same time i inquire about wax and polish which they told 2000/- + tax for xuv500.
Tushargohil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2012, 15:57   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
Hey Mate i just spoke to them and found Power shine treatment cost would be 3890/- for xuv 500 on same time i inquire about wax and polish which they told 2000/- + tax for xuv500.
Looks like each franchisee has its own version of what is defined by "Power shine" . In the HSR layout branch, Power shine consists of foam shampoo wash (with water, not steam), full body wax polish, tyre dressing, interior vacuuming and engine bay cleaning. This is what I get on my Linea on alternate months and it comes to around 1000 bucks inclusive of all taxes. They don't do any scratch removal things in this package.

Exterior beautification and Paint sealant treatments are the 2 costliest treatments here, since both of them involve swirl marks' / scratch removal, tar stain removal and sealant application to rejuvenate the surface.

Last edited by KarthikK : 13th June 2012 at 15:59.
Old 13th June 2012, 16:50   #7
BHPian

Spoke to 'Manoj' on the phone number provided within the thread, Nice chap.

He told me it would cost 895+tax for washing, basic exterior& Interior cleaning and engine & tyre dressing for my SX4, Estimated time is 2 hours. Will give it a try and update it on the thread.
Knight Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2012, 16:55   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Looks like each franchisee has its own version of what is defined by "Power shine" . In the HSR layout branch, Power shine consists of foam shampoo wash (with water, not steam), full body wax polish, tyre dressing, interior vacuuming and engine bay cleaning. This is what I get on my Linea on alternate months and it comes to around 1000 bucks inclusive of all taxes. They don't do any scratch removal things in this package.

Exterior beautification and Paint sealant treatments are the 2 costliest treatments here, since both of them involve swirl marks' / scratch removal, tar stain removal and sealant application to rejuvenate the surface.
Actually all of them have the same definition of Power Shine. The confusion is because 3M shuffled all the names of the services.

Power Shine was earlier just a wash, vacuum and full body wax. It is now changed and Power Shine is now the same as exterior beautification.

The wash and wax is now called exterior beautification I think.

The names are changes but prices are almost similar.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2012, 19:26   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Do they stock car treatment products (micro fiber cloth, shampoo, wax etc)? 3M HSR layout has a good collection.
Yep, they do have a range of products for sale; there's a nice shelf with products on display in the the customer lounge.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2012, 12:40   #10
BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care (HSR Layout, Bangalore)

Hi BHPian's

I visited the 3M Car Care center at Marathahalli to get Paint Protection Treatment on my car on last Week. The Owner and the Store Manager were very friendly and answered all my queries with patience and with a smile. I would advice any BHPian visiting this center to call the number and get a prior appointment. During my Conversation I found out that the owner of the franchisee is also Team-BHP member.
The Exterior Job done was very good and I would rate them 9/10 for the same. They were able to remove most of the scratches and the car looks new for a three year old vehicle.
The team that worked on the car was well trained; they were very polite and explained me with patience about the task completed and the advantages of it. Even while there were several cars waiting to get their sun Film removed and few to get their detailing, the team did not try to complete the job in a hurry or never tried any shortcuts.
They made sure that I checked and was satisfied after every step of the detailing was completed.
The Car was Steam washed first and then the scratches were rubbed using a 3m Paper.
Then the Rubbing was done using a 3M rubbing solvent.
Finally the 3m Car Wax Polish.
I have attached few photos of the car before and after the detailing. Sorry about the picture quality.
Note: This center does not have Foam Washing facility.
Address
3M Car Care,
Whitefield Main Road,
Near Kundalahalli Gate, marathalli-37
Contact Manoj: 9945357667
Attached Thumbnails
3M Car Care, Marathahalli (Bangalore)-img0061a.jpg  

3M Car Care, Marathahalli (Bangalore)-img0062a.jpg  

3M Car Care, Marathahalli (Bangalore)-img0063a.jpg  

3M Car Care, Marathahalli (Bangalore)-img0064a.jpg  

3M Car Care, Marathahalli (Bangalore)-img0065a.jpg  

3M Car Care, Marathahalli (Bangalore)-img0066a.jpg  

3M Car Care, Marathahalli (Bangalore)-img0067a.jpg  

3M Car Care, Marathahalli (Bangalore)-img0068a.jpg  

3M Car Care, Marathahalli (Bangalore)-img0069a.jpg  

3M Car Care, Marathahalli (Bangalore)-img0070a.jpg  

3M Car Care, Marathahalli (Bangalore)-img0071a.jpg  

3M Car Care, Marathahalli (Bangalore)-img0072a.jpg  

3M Car Care, Marathahalli (Bangalore)-img0073a.jpg  

3M Car Care, Marathahalli (Bangalore)-img0074a.jpg  

3M Car Care, Marathahalli (Bangalore)-img0075a.jpg  

kiransri_bng is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 15:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care, Marathahalli (Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post

The car-wash is steam-based.
What is this steam-based car wash? How is it different from normal wash? What is the system available in HSR outlet called?
Old 6th August 2012, 10:16   #12
Senior - BHPian

Did under body coating for my Alto here. Very satisfied. The owner Mr. Manoj is a nice person. He offered me a free wash ( without foam) after job was done and also a 10% discount.

Also, while my car was being worked upon, saw two cars coming for sun film removal. They were doing a professional job - the glasses were properly cleaned and the channels were dried with hot air.

The place also has a nice customer lounge with good collection of Automotive magazines.

Would recommend this place. I would visit again.
Old 28th January 2013, 08:50   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Visited the 3M Car Care center at Marathahalli to get an exterior treatment on my car on last Week.

Mr. Manoj Owner and the Store Manager were very friendly and answered all my queries with patience. On seeing the car he complimented saying the car looks like not more than 6 months, when in reality it is 1. 1/2 years old.

Weekends would be by appointment only and could take an average of 8 cars a day.

Got the 'Exterior Superb' package done costing ~ 1900 INR. The whole process took 2 hours.

The Car was Steam washing facility is down and looks like it would not be restored in the near future.

Would recommend this facility if you are staying in the vicinity of this franchise.

Here is the outcome of a well done exterior job.

3M Car Care, Marathahalli (Bangalore)-dsc00657.jpg

3M Car Care, Marathahalli (Bangalore)-dsc00658.jpg

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2013, 13:37   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The Car was Steam washing facility is down and looks like it would not be restored in the near future.
How do they wash the car if they don't have access to both water and steam? Are they just wiping with a moist cloth?

Last edited by KarthikK : 28th January 2013 at 13:40.
Old 28th January 2013, 13:46   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
How do they wash the car if they don't have access to both water and steam? Are they just wiping with a moist cloth?
Yes initial cleaning is done with moist cloth.

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks