Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2012, 10:17   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUED
Hey Guys

Its been a while since i loged on to the forum, i keep checking it from time to time though, logging on is a different issue.

for those who dont know me, I run TORQUE INC

I needed your opinions on something I have worked on recently. Last update from me was the Green THAR, it was a lot of fun interacting with you folks there, I am uploading some new pictures. Please feel free to give your views and ideas. Its still undergoing last minute detailing and touches.

Pictures are not great quality but ill be uploading Hi-res one if you guys would like to see em.

All Rights and Design Reserved by Torque Inc.
Hi,
This is really bad you should have kept it stock. The original tata design was much much better.
Sorry this is my frank opinion.

Regards,
Sameer
Old 11th July 2012, 10:37   #17
BHPian

Re: Custom Build : Tata Xenon

I feel the stock car would have looked much better. If you would have just added some nice rims, custom off road bumpers and a winch, the car would have looked much better. As of now it is looking like a camper van.

You could still try to resore it to its original form
Old 11th July 2012, 10:53   #18
Senior - BHPian

Your intentions are good.
I will suggest that you hire a good designer. Otherwise this is money going down the drain.
Old 11th July 2012, 11:09   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

I like the wheels.

Bumpers, both front and rear - look H-U-G-E!
The finish is bad where the tail light meets the door. Is the work complete here, something left? or is it the angle?

Please do share some interior shots.
Old 11th July 2012, 13:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

Most of the comments that i had to make have already been made by fello BHPians.

I have one basic question. Is this your own car and hence a pet project or is some customer paying for this? If it is customer paying then i believe you would have already shown him the designs before doing the job. So if he is happy do our comments matter? Ultimately customer is the king.
Old 11th July 2012, 16:15   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Most of the comments that i had to make have already been made by fello BHPians.

I have one basic question. Is this your own car and hence a pet project or is some customer paying for this? If it is customer paying then i believe you would have already shown him the designs before doing the job. So if he is happy do our comments matter? Ultimately customer is the king.
Yes, it is for a customer...and yes the designs are as per his wishes...ofcourse the major design DNA has been done by us....everyone seems to say the original car would look better.....but thats the point of a Build...its not suppose to be the original car....

I wish people understood that

Either ways....its just fun, all the comments help me keep context of what not to do, in short everything said here is general and average public opinion...and my work does not reflect that.

Cheers
Old 11th July 2012, 16:18   #22
BHPian

Hi,

My views -
I do understand that beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder but I am sorry to say this Tourqued i don't like your Green Thar nor your Xenon. You have a very confused design language.
A modification should be either Functional or Aesthetic. There is no symmetry or proportionality. I do not see the point in both these vehicles.

Regards,
Vipin
Old 11th July 2012, 16:26   #23
Senior - BHPian

Personally i think that the Thar still looked better. this one work looks shody, does not ooze quality at all. the lines are all weird.

as Bandhav said. Maza nahi aya. but i hope the owner enjoys at the end of the day we may be looked at as some Lads who have ample time to critisizes the good works.

-----
Can any one tell me how to use a smilly :P
Old 11th July 2012, 16:49   #24
BHPian

Design is functional and aesthetic...not functional or aesthetic

I just want get reactions, it helps me keep context in my own way.

Of course Not everyone likes the same things.

Please feel free to play the critics.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you have actually built, wait. lets make it easier. how many have you actually designed anything..?? anything at all?
Old 11th July 2012, 16:53   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUED View Post
Please feel free to play the critics.
Just out of curiosity, how many of you have actually built, wait. lets make it easier. how many have you actually designed anything..?? anything at all?
Art is not enjoyed by artists alone, but by many others.
Just out of curiosity, how much did all this cost the owner

Last edited by rajeev k : 11th July 2012 at 16:55.
Old 11th July 2012, 16:54   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Art is not enjoyed by artists alone, but by many others.
Agreed, but not everyone understands art....its objective and too personal..same applies to design
Old 11th July 2012, 16:56   #27
BHPian

Quote:
@ Torqued: To answer your question, when I was in kindergarten, I designed an airplane... okay, there were some dots to help me connect the lines.. but still...

I sense you are not happy with our comments, maybe posting your copyrighted design in a public forum and asking people to comment on it had something to do with it.

Last edited by mac187 : 11th July 2012 at 17:18.
mac187 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 17:08   #28
Senior - BHPian

What is art? All functional design, well done, is art. In other words art is something that is both functional and aesthetically pleasing to eyes.

Last edited by rajeev k : 11th July 2012 at 17:32.
Old 11th July 2012, 17:11   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Either ways....its just fun, all the comments help me keep context of what not to do, in short everything said here is general and average public opinion...and my work does not reflect that.
Why are you seeking this 'general and average public opinion' in the first place then?

Quote:
Don't take this design to people who have designed 'anything'. The comments so far might seem a whole lotcharitable compared to what you might hear from those guys.

Quote:
Agreed, but not everyone understands art....its objective and too personal..same applies to design
Not everybody understand art - quite right. I hope at least someone on the forum understands your art/design.

Not too pleased with the reaction you have got, isn't it?

I am sure you have spent a lot of time/effort on this but if you post this on a public forum to solicit comments then you should be prepared for responses which you may not like. If you feel that people on this forum are not worth seeking feedback from then you should have kept this design to yourself in the first place. The uniformity of the comments so far should tell you that there are major flaws with your design but rather than acknowledge those flaws you seem to be questioning the ability of others to judge your creation.
Cesc is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 17:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys

Its been a while since i loged on to the forum, i keep checking it from time to time though, logging on is a different issue.

for those who dont know me, I run TORQUE INC
An inspired design:

1. The back & last row glass from the Sierra
2. The front air intakes from the Range Rover
3. The roof mounted lights from the Hummer

My views on the design:

1. The front is too bland, may be a grill ornament or logo (probably your company logo) could add to the character.
2. The front bumper is too low and would not take the first speed hump in Navi Mumbai
3. The symmetry seems to go offcenter as we see from te front to the back.

However, a much better effort than the Thor, where the rear seats really stood out like sore thumbs.

I guess this is your passion, so don't worry about the critics, you would get it right some day and then we will all stand up and
m_upreti is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed