Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2012, 20:53   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Custom Build : Tata Xenon

Oh man, can someone design something like this ? It belongs to the weird and whacky design thread here !! Downright ugly !! Thats what I would say if opinions really matter.

Edit:Happened to check the 'Green Thar' thread as well, 'one worse than the other' in simple plain english !

Last edited by shajufx : 13th July 2012 at 20:59.
Old 13th July 2012, 22:45   #47
BHPian

Hi Torqued,

First things first, I really appreciate the effort you've put into this build

Now coming to the finer things that you could definitely improve upon in you're future builds.

Fit & Finish: Since majority (if not all) of the members here are sticklers for quality, both the previous builds you've posted here have fallen short by a certain extent.

Proportionate Designs: Are you using any computer generated software for you're builds? Or are you're builds straight from the head to the finished product (ie Nizamuddin "Leepu" Awlia) ?

I'm positive fellow members here would be able to nudge you in the right direction if need be.
Old 14th July 2012, 00:01   #48
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a pimped out hearse. Not my taste at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUED View Post
everything said here is general and average public opinion...and my work does not reflect that.
If you don't care about the opinion of forum members, why have you posted your project ?

According to your statement... If someone does not like your work, they have "average opinion". If someone does, are they enlightened?

Last edited by AbhiJ : 14th July 2012 at 00:14.
Old 15th July 2012, 22:42   #49
BHPian

Torqued, you have again proven your outstanding capability in designing beautiful vehicles . This one is even more better than 'Thor". Congtats! Even D.C designs will be put to shame before yours
Ashley Nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 02:30   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORQUED View Post
everyone seems to say the original car would look better.....but thats the point of a Build...its not suppose to be the original car....

I wish people understood that

Either ways....its just fun, all the comments help me keep context of what not to do, in short everything said here is general and average public opinion...and my work does not reflect that.

Cheers
Very interesting statements here.

I am very sure most people here would agree and would know that good mods are intended to change the look of the car. But for the good in most cases. But here the design really stands out and is odd. The workmanship I can say is definitely good, but there are design flaws.

From the perspective of a customer, ideally a designer is expected to advice his customers on what looks good, what looks hideous and show him designs that make for aesthetic appeal. That is where you can help them or for those who do not have the 'artists' or 'designers' vision ;-)

And the icing on the cake is the last statement where you say that all this is just average public opinion and yes, also the one where you ask if anyone else has built or designed anything (LOL - that reminded me of my school days). Well, if you are into the business of customizing cars, it is these 'average public people' who would come to you for work. And if you come up with these designs and then dont take feedback positively, god bless.

To be honest, I also wanted to give my views on the same and some positive at that, but I guess it doesnt matter to you. And please dont bother replying back to this post. I aint gonna read this thread again

Cheers mate

Last edited by thedreamcatcher : 17th July 2012 at 02:53.
thedreamcatcher is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2012, 13:32   #51
BHPian

I think it’s a concept which could have been better executed. The Xenon as a vehicle, me thinks has great potential to be a pimped up brute on the roads. It certainly has presence, the bouncy ride and interiors notwithstanding. I would commend you for conceptualizing something like this. But I also agree with the forum when it says that the build quality and concept implementation needs to be a notch above what it is. Come one mate, we don’t even spare the Tata’s and Maruti’s so we set high standards. My personal thoughts; I would be in a market for a life style vehicle like this provided it looks and feels good. I do not know what to call this, one word that sticks out is misaligned. The colour scheme, the proportions, the design, everything I am sure would look amazing when viewed in isolation, but the vehicle is more than the sum of its parts and IMO that’s where we have a major disconnect. Also as pointed out earlier, the theme defeats me. I do not know what to make of it. By the way, any performance mods, and what is the interior lay out? Do these changes alter the way the vehicle is supposed to behave on road? It would scrape every second bump for sure.
Old 17th July 2012, 14:10   #52
BHPian

The idea behind was good I'd say, but the execution doesn't trigger any WOW. To be frank looks not good. Some points.

1) Take away those thin chrome strips.
2) Those yellow lights not at all blends well with the overall color scheme.
3) The rear glass (the sierra inspired one) looks like the bottom line doesn't align with the rear window glass.
4) Sharp cutting lines for the sierra glass never blends with the curved design of other window glasses.
5) Mesh grill looks cheap.
6) It would be much much better in black.

Being said that, if your client is happy then thats it. No need to listen to our comments, but I think you should learn to take the positives from those criticisms.
Old 17th July 2012, 17:21   #53
BHPian

Wow! To be honest, I feel the Xenon has lost its machoness in all totality, it looks disguised as some wannabe "god knows what", the front looks pretty bland and the rear seems endless, it does not seem to fit seamlessly.
Customers will be there and would be willing to pay as well, so that is great if your customer is happy, but as a general opinion and feedback that you seeked - well the truth is for all to see, but importantly it should be understood and taken in the right spirit (constructively)

You do have a creative edge but I think this is the wrong car for such mods (from my perspective) such designs look good on sedans and saloons, as this vehicle comes with its own character which now seems like a confused Xenon.

The Thar is in a league of its own, your green Thor - i like the paint job but everything else seems a misfit, dont want to add any comments on the seats.

As we all know there is a market for everything, so if you do have customers paying you for these, way to go!
Old 18th July 2012, 11:54   #54
BHPian

Thankyou all for the point and suggestions, this project is done and over with.

Time to move on. Will only be putting finished pictures on my facebook profile.

Keep in touch guys.

cheers
TORQUED is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 15:46   #55
BHPian

Alright folks

Here is the final product as we had deliver it.

Some major changes will be visible to all, I had considered the pointers here and had managed to convince the owner for an overhaul of the car.

I did not have a chance to take pics when the car was delivered, however I caught up with the owner recently and managed to snap these.

enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
Custom Build : Tata Xenon-img_7705-copy.jpeg  

Custom Build : Tata Xenon-img_7706-copy.jpeg  

Custom Build : Tata Xenon-img_7708-copy.jpeg  

Custom Build : Tata Xenon-img_7711-copy.jpeg  

Custom Build : Tata Xenon-img_7712.jpeg  

Custom Build : Tata Xenon-img_7699.jpeg  

Custom Build : Tata Xenon-img_7701-copy.jpeg  

Custom Build : Tata Xenon-img_7704-copy.jpeg  

TORQUED is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 15:54   #56
Senior - BHPian

A much better outcome Torqued, although I'm still no fan of the rear 1/3rd of the vehicle, and the Grill. I'm aware that the existing shape of the Xenon's tub, would pose some constraints on that front, but just wondering if something better was possible.
If I may ask - What was the ballpark cost-range for this entire mod?
Old 4th March 2013, 16:01   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
A much better outcome Torqued, although I'm still no fan of the rear 1/3rd of the vehicle, and the Grill. I'm aware that the existing shape of the Xenon's tub, would pose some constraints on that front, but just wondering if something better was possible.
If I may ask - What was the ballpark cost-range for this entire mod?
Well i was not paid enough to build in a new rear, did what was best with the current tub.

Ballpark fig. is 4L (exterior and interior included), 3 Year warranty with the job work done in house.
TORQUED is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2013, 16:07   #58
BHPian

This one has really changed the initial outlook. Its much much better than the previous version. Still there is room for improvement though. Glad that out inputs helped you. Again, remove the chrome and it will look better or else at least replace it with thicker chrome

Last edited by bhp_maniac : 4th March 2013 at 16:24.
Old 4th March 2013, 17:45   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
This one has really changed the initial outlook. Its much much better than the previous version. Still there is room for improvement though. Glad that out inputs helped you. Again, remove the chrome and it will look better or else at least replace it with thicker chrome
Thanks

The car is done and over with now. Time to move on to better things, Next project is underway.

just completed a Swift, will share that with everyone soon

Torqued.
Old 4th March 2013, 19:04   #60
BHPian

@torqued
had a query, with these mods is there a substantial increase in weight? Specifically wanted to know the power to weight ratio i.e. stock vehicle and post mods.

Also from a legal (RTO law) perspective are there any specific things to be taken care off for such mods?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks