Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2012, 15:31   #16
BHPian

Re: RaceChipped - Maruti Swift Diesel

@shibujp Did you try out the other settings of the box.
I have been using this box for about 30k kms in my dzire with the stock settings.
There was no change in the FE. In fact I am getting about a km more.
So far I am loving it.
human_wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 01:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Racechip Experience - Stage 2

Okay - so i've been running the Swift with Stage 2 of the RaceChip box. My experience has been mixed.

I liked Stage 1 better. Stage 2 seems to have given the car the ability to cruise at 100kmph which is 10 kmph higher than Stage 1. However this comes at the cost of a bit of low end torque which means that I have to take it easy in slower city traffic. Also the power delivery has become a little more linear post 2000 rpm. And braking which had been spot on in Stage 1 has become a bit of a problem now.

My experience has been that the ECU takes around 750 - 1000 kms to get fully adjusted to a new stage setting. In the interim power delivery becomes really patchy with a spot of shuddering at lower rpms. But taking it easy and waiting for the ECU to find it's feet pays dividends.

The mileage also seems to have dropped compared to Stage 1.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st December 2012, 22:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Switched back to Setting 1 and things are better now. However I think an impending timing chain replacement might be preventing me from getting the benefit I initially had.

Setting 2 also had some grease accumulating at the end of the fuel pump. This is the pump I am referring to - http://www.dieselevante.it/fuelpumps...0445010050.gif. According to what I read it seems to have some kind of relief mechanism if the common rail pressure goes up. All assumptions at this point. This accumulation has decreased once I shifted over to Stage 1. The mileage has also improved near to it's usual average.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 21st December 2012, 22:36   #19
BHPian

Just curious if you ever considered a remap as an option? Racechip is probably the cheapest option in the world and IMHO all Swifts should have a stock Racechip as that 75 HP engine tuned by Maruti to squeeze maximum mileage takes all the fun out of this brilliant engine.
At what RPM do you feel a change compared to stock settings?
Old 23rd December 2012, 11:58   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Just curious if you ever considered a remap as an option? Racechip is probably the cheapest option in the world and IMHO all Swifts should have a stock Racechip as that 75 HP engine tuned by Maruti to squeeze maximum mileage takes all the fun out of this brilliant engine.
At what RPM do you feel a change compared to stock settings?
Yes, i did consider the Cosworth remap, however we simply could not work out an arrangement that worked as Cosworth folks would have to come to Cochin/Trivandrum for the remap.

The rpm range remains more or less the same. The low end and mid range pull improves.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2012, 17:37   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post

Setting 2 also had some grease accumulating at the end of the fuel pump. This is the pump I am referring to - http://www.dieselevante.it/fuelpumps...0445010050.gif. According to what I read it seems to have some kind of relief mechanism if the common rail pressure goes up. All assumptions at this point. This accumulation has decreased once I shifted over to Stage 1. The mileage has also improved near to it's usual average.

Drive on,
Shibu.

I am also trying out race dynamics ECU on Tucson.
how did you locate and spot the fuel pump on your car? Can you post some real pics?

BTW, I was using P1 and some P2 on the RD box for a month or more. Just out of curiosity, i have switched to E, which is economy mode for last 2 weeks or so and I notice the engine has become silent. So in the P1/P2, I think the diesel clatter increases as you said, I will continue to observe for another month or so...

If you switch to the economy setting (not sure what it is called on RaceChip box), do you also feel engine clatter is reduced?
Old 26th December 2012, 21:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
I am also trying out race dynamics ECU on Tucson.
how did you locate and spot the fuel pump on your car? Can you post some real pics?
Here is the pic of the pump. It is on the right side of the engine as you face it.

RaceChipped - Maruti Swift Diesel-img_7201.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post

If you switch to the economy setting (not sure what it is called on RaceChip box), do you also feel engine clatter is reduced?
I am currently on the lowest setting which I believe is the economy mode for RaceChip. Yep the engine is more silent in this mode
Old 9th August 2013, 23:58   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Initial Impressions

The chip has three settings and I am currently at the lowest.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Quote:
Switched back to Setting 1 and things are better now. However I think an impending timing chain replacement might be preventing me from getting the benefit I initially had.

Setting 2 also had some grease accumulating at the end of the fuel pump. ...
Shibu.
Quote:
I am currently on the lowest setting which I believe is the economy mode for RaceChip. Yep the engine is more silent in this mode
Can you please share how you change the settings on a racechip? I am planning for the Ertiga. Also, can we give them usage information while ordering itself so that they can apply appropriate settings before shipping?
Old 18th August 2013, 16:22   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
Can you please share how you change the settings on a racechip? I am planning for the Ertiga. Also, can we give them usage information while ordering itself so that they can apply appropriate settings before shipping?
Changing the setting is relatively easy though you will have to unscrew the front of the box to do so. Inside you will fine two adjustable screws numbered in hexadecimal from 1 to F. With you racechip module you get the documentation that tells you the combination for each of the 3 setting. Simply adjust to the specified combination using a small flat end screwdriver and you are done. Not as intuitive as flipping a switch though but I found it fine especially as I never found the need to keep on switching through the settings.

Here is a link to the adjustment mechanism - http://i55.tinypic.com/2nqr6ug.jpg

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 5th December 2013, 14:14   #25
BHPian

Quote:
With you racechip module you get the documentation that tells you the combination for each of the 3 setting. Simply adjust to the specified combination using a small flat end screwdriver and you are done.
Can you inform what was the original setting when the racehip was delivered to you? You will find this on the invoice as well.
Old 5th December 2013, 15:57   #26
BHPian

The best way to know the exact changes going on in rail pressure, radiator temp, etc is to connect ELM327 to the OBD port and check out behavior changes in real time.

You can also capture both data and analyze it later.
Old 12th December 2013, 22:11   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzinblut View Post
Can you inform what was the original setting when the racehip was delivered to you? You will find this on the invoice as well.
The stock setting on the racechip was BC.

Drive on,
Shibu.
Old 21st October 2014, 21:40   #28
BHPian

Does the race chip lead to high rail pressures and high temperatures? Basically, a race chip tricks the ECU. So I feel you must use a 2 core heat exchanger with engine oil cooler for the swift diesel. The car may overheat under stressful situations Someone using this race chip may share the temperature gauge pictures after lots of driving.
Old 23rd October 2014, 12:41   #29
BHPian

using racechip in punto mjd and no diff in temp even afer a 7 hr drive. i use an obd scanner and the temp.once heated will remain between 81 to 83
Old 22nd March 2015, 20:17   #30
BHPian

Shibu a query, i have recently procured a second hand RACECHIP which was used on Ritz Diesel and i have new SWIFT from 2012. When i installed the CHIP the setting was BC & i get a ENGINE CHECK Light ON. Once i remove the RACECHIP, the ENGINE CHECK LIGHT OFF goes away after some driving. Did you encounter any such problem? Can you also indicate what settings are recommended for your RACECHIP for Stage 1 & Stage 2?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks