Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2012, 20:38   #16
BHPian

Re: What would you do to my '92 Ambassador Nova?

Hey Tom,

I know Carzz quite well. In fact they did a lot of bodywork and the paint on my car and while, I must be honest, they had a couple of cockups but manned up and sorted it all out for me at no extra cost, even after a couple of months of the car leaving the garage. They have a huge garage near the ORR near Gachibowli and I've seen a lot of cars getting done there, some Bentley's and vintage cars included.

Am thinking 25K is a little high but the quality of work is quite good and I guess sometimes its okay to pay that little extra for peace of mind. When we meet up, we could always hop across to Carzz on 45, my office is actually right behind it and go meet with one of the owners who's quite a reasonable guy. That said, there are a whole lot of upholsterers in the Secunderabad area if you're in the mood to take the car there and find your way back because you'll need to leave it over the weekend, etc. I would recommend meeting with the Carzz chappie, negotiating with him and giving them the work to do because quite frankly, I like what they did on my car. Come see for yourself and only if satisfied, go to them.

They also have a really good painter but not sure if they can do the painting over just one weekend.
Old 11th September 2012, 12:05   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by G_AmbyMad View Post
Hey Tom,
I know Carzz quite well.
====================
They also have a really good painter but not sure if they can do the painting over just one weekend.
Awesome! Thanks for the info! Getting reports on pricing and quality is invaluable to me, especially as I am new to the country!

The car went back to the mechanic this morning, however, I'm really happy with the job they've done so far replacing the clutch, pressure plate and fuel pump. Just a bit more to go! Total cost will be around the 6000 rp mark, hopefully I'm not being taken for a ride!

How are you placed for a meetup tomorrow at lunch? I work in my home office full time, so its hard to get away except at lunchtimes.

I know there are some jobs that would be hard to do over a weekend, I completely understand that and am happy to make my own arrangements for a day or two either side of a weekend, or a few days during the week. I just don't want it done over a few months with no car!

Thanks

Tom
Old 11th September 2012, 19:46   #18
BHPian

Hi Tom, am good for lunch in our neck of the woods as long as we wind up by half past 2 as I have a meeting at 3!

Suggest you come over to my office where you can have a look at my Amby and then subsequently pop into Carz on 45 post which we go grab a bite close by. There's plenty of places - Indian, Chinese, Italian so we're good on that score.

My email ID is grdiwiz at gmail, mail me your number so I can guide you in!
Old 12th September 2012, 18:02   #19
BHPian

I am planning to renovate our 1982 Ambassador. I am truly inspired by G_Ambymad's car. Would plan to meet you and your car sometime next week. I also have to look at the work done on the car and plan if i can get this started here in Hyd.
Old 12th September 2012, 19:08   #20
BHPian

Hi Mrinal,

Thanks for the kind words!

My office is on Rd. No 46 Jubilee Hills and the car is parked there, come down anytime you like, though call before, sometimes I just might be out at a meeting. Am travelling on Monday but back the same day so let me know whenever you'd like to drop in
Old 12th September 2012, 19:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hey Tom. Have been an Ambi fan myself and have been planning a build in similar terms as soon as i have the Moolah for a job like that. The first thing is to ensure the car looks juts like any ordinary Ambi from the outside. No excessive badging or snazzy paintwork. The car should be a sleeper

Keeping in mind you generous budget, Id do the following, in no particular order:

1) A/c - No blower staring at you lookinbg like an oddity but a hidden behind the dash blower with ducted vents, (square/rectangular shaped) borrowed from any easily available Maruti model, tow in the centre and one on either side for the driver and passenger. Also two additional ones in between the front bucket seats, incorporated in the hand rest cum openable box. (any available ones from recent cars may be used, Civic's perhaps)

2) Power steering

3) Engine swap with a Isuzu 1800 and mate it to an auto box or get a Toyota diesel with an autobox. This will require some expert advice which is available aplenty on this forum, once you decide your path. For me, its simple, auto, whether diesel or not.

4) Gypsy rims with some good rubber

5) Revamp the dash to incorporate some good Ice with built in Satnav (there are plenty of aftermarket options available) with a built in reverse camera.

6) Leather seats- a must in my opinion. Tan or light beige with the piping to match the car colour

7) Push start stop button

8) Keyless entry

9) Good insulation and damping for reduction of the NVH levels (especially in a diesel) and effective cooling

10) Electrically operated OVRMs

11) Hid fronts and Led rears, built ininto the lens or better still two individual rounds of red and yellow led lights (as in the Mk-I and Mk-IIs) in the rear cluster

12) A good mist spray nozzle/s for the front windscreen with a rear wipe wash wiper ( if possible, as i wonder what would fit in the rear)

13) Add on please

I would not get a FFE or something that is out of character for the Ambi. Wait on....ill build it some day....soon.... on the lines mentioned above.
Old 13th September 2012, 07:38   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrinalSinha View Post
I am planning to renovate our 1982 Ambassador. I am truly inspired by G_Ambymad's car. Would plan to meet you and your car sometime next week. I also have to look at the work done on the car and plan if i can get this started here in Hyd.
I agree, having seen it yesterday, its a beautiful machine! The help he gave and advise supplied was so valuable too! Definitely the man to know in Hyderabad if you have an amby!
Old 13th September 2012, 10:31   #23
BHPian

Thanks Tom.

Hope Prasad helped out. Let me know how much he's asking for, will compare it to the estimate they gave me for work done on mine and we'll make sure they give you their best rates.

Catch up soon

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks