Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2009, 19:21   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
They are good and I believe they are one of the few companies that the govt has approved.
Do they have an agent in Bandra side?
Hi, There is this guy P. Patel his cel number is 097028 87000 from Utsav in Mumbai. I spoke to him - 1500 bucks for the high security number plate. They are with the Ashok emblem and IND embossed. He will home deliver them with 2 days.
Old 30th November 2009, 12:25   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Hi, There is this guy P. Patel his cel number is 097028 87000 from Utsav in Mumbai. I spoke to him - 1500 bucks for the high security number plate. They are with the Ashok emblem and IND embossed. He will home deliver them with 2 days.
Are High security number plates mandatory? because as per the information on their site it states the following:
Quote:
HSRP's are mandated by Govt of India to be affixed on all new vehicles from Oct 31st, 2007. All Existing vehicles will have to switch over to HSRP's within 2 years from date of implementation, now the State Governments have to implement this policy in the respective States at the earliest
If it is mandatory to have a High Security Registration Plates then why are they also selling another set of plates called as Anti Theft Smart Number Plates? Does the rule for HSRP vary from state to state ?
Old 30th November 2009, 16:51   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safin View Post
Are High security number plates mandatory? because as per the information on their site it states the following:
If it is mandatory to have a High Security Registration Plates then why are they also selling another set of plates called as Anti Theft Smart Number Plates? Does the rule for HSRP vary from state to state ?
Hello Safin,
They have not yet become mandatory, last I heard was the govt was looking at making this mandatory sometime in the future.
I think (not sure) they are actually the same thing - Once you fix this plate from Utsav, you can either keep the screws or they break off or are broken off. Thus the number plate gets fixed and cannot be stolen.
As per my telecon with Patel from Utsav, they are the only guys who are genuine and these plates are made by using german technolgy.
As mentioned earlier its rupees 1500/- for a car and delivered within 2 days from date of booking.
Regards
Old 30th November 2009, 17:55   #49
BHPian

Quote:
I think (not sure) they are actually the same thing
Both High Security Registration Plates and Anti Theft Smart Number Plates are different from each other. It is mentioned here in the Public Caution Notice.

The website states the price as 1225 shipped for UTSAV smart plate set(which I guess is the Anti-Theft Plate), so the HSRP which cost 1500 looks better deal considering that HSRP could very well become mandatory soon
Old 30th November 2009, 19:32   #50
BHPian

Go to Poona Motors in MG Road and ask for Vinit, he will get yours made for Rs 850. All the emboss with the side IND written as well.
Old 8th December 2009, 11:29   #51
BHPian

Any idea where it can be done in Delhi?
Old 8th December 2009, 12:04   #52
Senior - BHPian

Do they have different price for different states?

When I enquired about them for my Vista, I got a quote for INR 1K for the number plate with Asoka Chakra Hologram, and 900INR for the same plate with Utsav hologram (for a set of 2,including fitting).
I opted for the one with Utsav hologram, and got it from one guy @ Thrissur, kerala.
Old 9th December 2009, 22:57   #53
BHPian

are these are really High Security Number Plates?

if i remember correctly, these high security plates should have the engine and chassis number embodied on to them. but these are not like that. up on enquiry i got to know that as it is still not mandatory so called High Security Number Plates are not available. can anybody confirm this.

i got myself Utsav plates for my bike and only thing that is secure about this is the option of tamper proof screws with break-away head.

ofcourse they look good and stand out among hand painted plates.

EDIT: sorry Safin's post makes it clear. so 'm still correct. i got myself UTSAV plates

Last edited by somspaple : 9th December 2009 at 23:02.
Old 16th January 2010, 19:06   #54
BHPian

Just read this on Utsav's Website
Quote:
UTSAV is not manufacturing & marketing High Security Registration Plates (HSRP), it can only be sold once the State Government Authorises to sell HSRP in the respective State, currently UTSAV is only manufacturing and selling Smart Vehicle Number Plates which are International quality number plates
So do they now sell only Anti-Theft number plates and not HSRPs??
Safin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2010, 16:27   #55
BHPian

I just saw a poster in the other thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post1684075

It showed the Utsav number plates as illegal
Old 18th January 2010, 16:30   #56
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

i saw this same thing about a month ago or two months ago in an ad in one of the car mags.
Utsav's is not an HSRP number plate, only an anti theft one. the HSRP ones have a chip embedded inside which has all details of the vehicle, it registration certificate and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safin View Post
Just read this on Utsav's Website

So do they now sell only Anti-Theft number plates and not HSRPs??
Old 15th May 2011, 18:29   #57
Senior - BHPian

Re: Embossed License plate.

Today I got my Swift's embossed number plates fixed from my friend at milan subway.
Ialso fixed a sticker I had got from my punjab trip it is of SHAHEED BHAGAT SINGH JI.
Now all my vehicles are having embossed number plates.
This I got from my friend at milan sub way his contact nos. are mentioned in my thread My superior white Alto K10.
Attached Thumbnails
Embossed License plate.-photo0025.jpg  

Embossed License plate.-photo0026.jpg  

Embossed License plate.-photo0027.jpg  

Old 10th October 2011, 17:43   #58
Senior - BHPian

Utsav website (Page Under Construction) seems to be down since the last 10 days. Is there a physical shop in Mumbai where I can get their number plates made and fitted?

Quote:
Spoke to him. He does not do Utsav number plates anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Today I got my Swift's embossed number plates fixed from my friend at milan subway.
Ialso fixed a sticker I had got from my punjab trip it is of SHAHEED BHAGAT SINGH JI.
Now all my vehicles are having embossed number plates.
This I got from my friend at milan sub way his contact nos. are mentioned in my thread My superior white Alto K10.
Sir can you please PM me his number? Does he do Utsav plates because these look very similar!

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 10th October 2011 at 17:49.
Old 11th October 2011, 12:50   #59
Senior - BHPian

Bad news guys. Utsav has *stopped* selling smart number plates. Maybe that's the reason their website has been pulled down. This is the email I got from them today
Quote:

Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:57:07 +0530

To: 'Nishant Gandhi'<nishantgandhi@yahoo.com>

Subject: RE: Number plate enquiry

Dear Sir

We never sold HSRP and now we have stopped selling smart number plates now and we do not have any dealer to sell UTSAV plates now.

So we are sorry we can not help you at this time.

Soon Govt of Maharashatra may be implementing HSRP policy so it is better you wait and get HSRP fied from authorized vendor approved by State Government.

Thanks n regards
UTSAV DELHI
So where can I now get hot stamped embossed number plates *similar* to Utsav Smart Plates? I do not like the ones being sold by road side guys.
Old 12th March 2015, 01:05   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
So where can I now get hot stamped embossed number plates *similar* to Utsav Smart Plates? I do not like the ones being sold by road side guys.
***Bumping this thread after 3 ½ years!!***

@Nishant: who in Mumbai did you end up using for your number plates?

Does anybody know of a shop in Mumbai that makes good quality hot stamped embossed number plates?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks