Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2006, 14:58   #1
BHPian

Cheap Honda City Spares

Hi Team,

Iam new to Team-BHP, Recently brought a 2001- Honda City Vtec 1.5 Heather Mist Color. I have been maintaining him all by myself from last one year, ofcourse with whatever tiny knowlegde I have.

Recently i was driving from mysore to bangalore around 7 pm, found that the headlights are very dull / cant really see the road properly.. my brother suggested going in for fog lamps/aux lamps.

I was wondering where I could find the Auxilary lamps (fog lamps) for my OHC. Dakshin honda (good people) in bangalore said they need to import it and will cost 16k. I think it is too much and so looking for alternative to that.

Help pls.!!

Many Thanks !!
Old 25th April 2006, 15:15   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by four_tire
Hi Team,

Iam new to Team-BHP, Recently brought a 2001- Honda City Vtec 1.5 Heather Mist Color. I have been maintaining him all by myself from last one year, ofcourse with whatever tiny knowlegde I have.

Recently i was driving from mysore to bangalore around 7 pm, found that the headlights are very dull / cant really see the road properly.. my brother suggested going in for fog lamps/aux lamps.

I was wondering where I could find the Auxilary lamps (fog lamps) for my OHC. Dakshin honda (good people) in bangalore said they need to import it and will cost 16k. I think it is too much and so looking for alternative to that.

Help pls.!!

Many Thanks !!
if night driving visibility is the problem 'fog lamp' is not the solution.....as the name suggests it just helps during fogs.

u could buy a philips visionplus 60/55 to improve the light brightness by about 20-30 % or break RTO laws and put a 100/90 philips bluevision[for 100/90 you would also need 'relay', 'additional wires']
Old 25th April 2006, 17:02   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkatrx
if night driving visibility is the problem 'fog lamp' is not the solution.....as the name suggests it just helps during fogs.
Even in unfoggy conditions the fog lights illuminate the road quite a bit as they are lower to the ground. I'd say they are useful in night-time driving although they are not made for that purpose.
Old 26th April 2006, 10:15   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hi four_tire,

Just go to an accessories store and you will see some good options for 25% of that price.

GTO
Old 26th April 2006, 10:35   #5
BHPian

Hi GTO,

I have tried several autoshops in bangalore, They keep a 2003 fog lamps set. which may not suit OHC 2001 vtec. Even they are not sure of if that will go with it.. I tried shops in JC road, mission road etc..

Do you know a accessories shop which sells most of the honda spares?

Cheers!
Old 26th April 2006, 10:49   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Hi GTO,

I have tried several autoshops in bangalore, They keep a 2003 fog lamps set. which may not suit OHC 2001 vtec. Even they are not sure of if that will go with it.. I tried shops in JC road, mission road etc..

Do you know a accessories shop which sells most of the honda spares?

Cheers!
check out with AK traders (the philips distributor for karnataka) he had a big list of 'fog lamps' for different cars...26707295.

you take a paper impression of the fog lamp holder to check if you find a matching fog lamps.
Old 26th April 2006, 11:01   #7
BHPian

Thanks Venkatrx,

Anyway Iwill be upgrading my headlamps as well so this dealer will anyway help..

cheers!
Old 26th April 2006, 11:08   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Venkatrx,

Anyway Iwill be upgrading my headlamps as well so this dealer will anyway help..

cheers!
yes i think so.................
Old 8th May 2006, 12:13   #9
BHPian

Finally, I was not able to locate the fog lamps. But on saturday got my OHC a pair of Philips Crystal vision 55/60 it comes with the parking blubs too..

The lights were white alright!! but it doesnot really punch into the darkness with a good range.. I wanted something which will cover 30mts ahead ... so driving fast me will be easy ... I feel the crystal vision doesnot have what i wanted except that it is white light
Old 8th May 2006, 12:35   #10
Team-BHP Support

If you had read my review of the crystal vision bulbs, you would have seen that I had that same complaint. These bulbs are definatly NOT meant of our highways at night.

If you want to stick with 60/55W bulbs, go with the Vision Plus bulbs, which are, according to a few users here, a big improvement over stock. Or else go in for 100/90W bulbs with the necessary wiring and relays.
Old 8th May 2006, 13:25   #11
BHPian

okay!! Exactly.. but that is what i was asking the guy (blubs for highway drive) at JC road.. for vision plus ..but he said crystal vision is what every has around here.. and nothing called vision plus?

damn!! I wish i could have waited and read all about it .. may be after few months i will check again and replace with vision plus or something even superior..

Iam very occasionally on the highway.. must be alright i guess
Old 19th May 2008, 08:56   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by four_tire View Post
okay!! Exactly.. but that is what i was asking the guy (blubs for highway drive) at JC road.. for vision plus ..but he said crystal vision is what every has around here.. and nothing called vision plus?

damn!! I wish i could have waited and read all about it .. may be after few months i will check again and replace with vision plus or something even superior..

Iam very occasionally on the highway.. must be alright i guess
Hey if you really need a fog for the Vtec old shape goto gear up in 4th blk, jayanagar, he has a some imported fog which fits the old shape.. he will charge you some where from 3,800 to 4,000... belive me it will look really good for the car more than a stock one... Contact Anil on 22456655..
Old 19th May 2008, 12:51   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi,

Just a thought but have you inspected the headlight lenses and reflectors? A 7 year old car may have tarnished reflectors. Also, are you lenses the clear ones or the initial OHC's shaded ones?

ItWasntMe
Old 19th May 2008, 12:57   #14
BHPian

Guys this is a 2 year old thread. Im sure four_tire has already upgraded his headlights by now.
Old 26th May 2008, 10:20   #15
BHPian

ItWasntMe & Toiingg, I did upgrade to a 100/90 bulbs, but reflectors are the same, i had cleaned them myself some time back, should I go for a new reflectors??

Iam planning to do a list of things, New Windshield, bodyworks, detailing, and probably a ffe..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks