Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2006, 18:51   #1
BHPian

Wagon R side Convex mirrors

Hello,

My second car is a Wagon R. I recently acquired it and is basically meant for my wife to drive.

I have noticed that the side mirrors in the Wagon R are flat and not convex. Thus the angle of vision on both sides is rather narrow and not as wide as I could conder necessary for reasons of safety.

Does anyone think like this? What has been the experience of other Wagon R drivers?

Are replacement convex mirrors available in the open market in Mumbai? I have asked around but came up with nothing.

Venkat
Old 28th April 2006, 17:39   #2
BANNED

Hi,
Try the original (MGP) internally controllable mirrors available at Maruti-Suzuki Dealers. I fitted one for mine and it looks better than the old ones.
Old 28th April 2006, 18:26   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Hi,
Try the original (MGP) internally controllable mirrors available at Maruti-Suzuki Dealers. I fitted one for mine and it looks better than the old ones.
Hi speedzak,

This sure sounds like a good idea. I must ask the local Maruti dealer about it. I am looking to buy a new Wagon R in a couple of weeks. When I test drove the Wagon R yesterday, I did feel the sore absence of a good rear-view mirror. I was doing 60 kmph on a patch of pretty rough road and then I slowed down to take a U-turn. All of a sudden, I see this big truck in the back. I was startled! I had not noticed it all this while... any other tips for "improving" the Wagon R once I buy it - aside from the music system-alloys..?
Old 28th April 2006, 19:19   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak
Hi,
Are you sure you get Internally adjustable mirrors for Wagon R ??
Old 28th April 2006, 19:51   #5
Senior - BHPian

Well, i have got used to the rectangular mirrors. They are just about adequate, but do require getting used to, and some adjustment.

@Johy: My sincere advice to you, dont buy the music system and alloys from the dealer. Local accessory shop will give you more variety and also more cheaper. I am saying this from my personal experience.

@Speedzack: WagonR vxi also have those internally adjustable mirrors, but again, they are rectangular/flat. I have seen a couple of wagonR owners change to the Santro Xing (XS and higher version) mirrors (convex type).
Old 29th April 2006, 12:48   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkat
Hello,

My second car is a Wagon R. I recently acquired it and is basically meant for my wife to drive.

I have noticed that the side mirrors in the Wagon R are flat and not convex. Thus the angle of vision on both sides is rather narrow and not as wide as I could conder necessary for reasons of safety.

Does anyone think like this? What has been the experience of other Wagon R drivers?

Are replacement convex mirrors available in the open market in Mumbai? I have asked around but came up with nothing.

Venkat
Upgrade your center-rearview mirror to a convex mirror, the rear view is amazing with this.....you get atleast 40% more area covered. I bought one carmate rearview convex mirror from JC road bangalore. for details go thru' the url below. I bought this about 4 years ago by paying about 700-800 rupees.

http://db.carmate.co.jp/products/PHP...ductsID=183251
Old 23rd February 2009, 16:11   #7
BHPian

My Wagon R 2005 model comes with the flat ORVM, I have been desperately looking for a slightly larger convex type ORVM, specifically which comes with the new WagonR VXi but none of the accessories/spare parts shop keep it. Any WagonR owner tried any OVRM mod ?
Old 23rd February 2009, 16:50   #8
BHPian

I have a 2007 WagonR Lxi. I think the stock rear view mirrors & ORVM are quite good(Flat & Rectangular). But we have to adjust such that only 1/3 or little less of car's body should be visible. All the 3 rear view mirror can provide around 130-140 degree of rear vision (Assummed, not calculated). But we have to adjust those mirror and adjust ourself to use it.

Vxi has internally adjusted ORVM with motors, switch is on driver side loc.
Old 23rd February 2009, 17:11   #9
BHPian

I do use all the three mirrors, but the left rectangular OVRM is barely adequate.

I wanted to try the VXi type mirror without the electronics/motor, but its not available anywhere.
Old 23rd February 2009, 18:18   #10
BHPian

Yes. VXI mirror cases are big and look nice. I also tried to change to them, but they are available with MASS might be at high prices and with motor.

I didn't find accessories dealer keeping those kind of mirror without motor.
Old 23rd February 2009, 19:45   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hi folks,

If you are OK with the shape, you can fix the Santro (old) mirrors onto the WagonR base.

They are convex and give a very good view. Did this in the Versa when I had it.
Old 24th February 2009, 13:17   #12
Senior - BHPian

I have got installed the new LXi type mirrors (they are different from VXi mirrors). Much better viewing area than the old flat mirrors and they are convex. Got it from Gurgaon (Chawla car spares - Delhi Gurgaon Road).
Old 24th February 2009, 14:06   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
I have got installed the new LXi type mirrors (they are different from VXi mirrors). Much better viewing area than the old flat mirrors and they are convex. Got it from Gurgaon (Chawla car spares - Delhi Gurgaon Road).
I think you have this type, like an elephants ear. I am not a fan of this design

Name:  Mirror LXi.jpg
Views: 7555
Size:  11.1 KB

I am more interested in this design.

Wagon R side Convex mirrors-marutiwagonr-mirror.jpg
Old 24th February 2009, 20:21   #14
Senior - BHPian

Yes they are unattractive, but VXi mirrors are a little too big in my opinion. Would cause a lot of wind noise at high speeds i think.
Old 24th February 2009, 20:35   #15
BHPian

Even I want to go for the internally adjustable mirrors for WagonR. Has anybody done it yet? If yes, then please let us know the cost.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks