Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2012, 11:35   #16
BHPian

re: Conspicuity / Retro Reflective Tape for 2-Wheelers - Where to buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Thank you "rm_arjuna" !

They sell Red, Yellow, White tapes in two sizes, one inch (Rs75/mt) and two inches (Rs150/mt) in thickness.
the guys # which i had posted was not available the day i went to RTA , on enquiring i was directed to RTA counter selling these tapes where i paid Rs.100 for 2" & Rs.60 for 1"with RTA bill .However stil trying to source 3M brand .
Old 28th November 2012, 11:40   #17
Team-BHP Support

Will this be available at the RTO in Kondapur, Hyderabad.
Old 28th November 2012, 12:17   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
the guys # which i had posted was not available the day i went to RTA , on enquiring i was directed to RTA counter selling these tapes where i paid Rs.100 for 2" & Rs.60 for 1"with RTA bill .However stil trying to source 3M brand .
Guess I was ripped off then, eh? Even the security guard at the RTA directed me towards these tape guys instead of the counter.
Old 29th November 2012, 18:19   #19
BHPian

I got some 3" silver and 2" red colored one's from one of the stickering shops just opposite to Swapna Lok Complex, secunderabad (right side while going to paradise from clock tower). Out of some 10-12 shops only one shop has these stickers and quoted around 40/- and 50/- for silver and red respectively. All this is around 6 months back.
Old 29th November 2012, 18:56   #20
BHPian

I had stuck 3M prismatic on my Figo's wing mirrors & rear bumper, Costed about 80 Rs for 1 metre. The slim type.

But my friends tried to peel it off saying it looked like a taxi.

Its very very difficult to peel off. Supposed it has 7 years guaranteed reflection & life if stuck on a clean surface. Now cleaned everything using WD40.

Planning stick again on the rear glass bottom (blacked out part) & front number plate.
Old 29th November 2012, 19:24   #21
BHPian

Planning to buy this in Mumbai. Anyone from Mumbai can suggest a couple of dealers for this?

I have a dark grey car, so would like to see a similar shade of tape, or something which is transparent in the day and reflects light brightly at night (It is there on their website as Shadow)

If enough people are interested, maybe we can pool together for a 50M roll of Shadow tape?
Old 29th January 2013, 18:31   #22
Team-BHP Support

Conspicuity / Retro Reflective Tape for 2-Wheelers - Where to buy?-20130129-18.11.33.jpg

Picked up 2, 1 meter length thin tapes. Paid 120 to the guy selling it inside the Tirumalgiri RTO.

Thanks a lot Hellmet.
Its a very good thing.
The red tape went on the cycle and the white one on my bike.

Last edited by bblost : 29th January 2013 at 18:33.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2013, 18:49   #23
Senior - BHPian

It doesnt look bright at all, dada. It doesnt look like prismatic tape to me. or are these "before" snaps?
Old 29th January 2013, 18:55   #24
Team-BHP Support

phamilyman, basic phone camera in sub-optimal tubelight conditions.

Will get a better picture taken with a nice camera later and upload the same.
Old 4th August 2013, 20:36   #25
BHPian

Awakening an old thread i also got 'reflexite' reflective tape from trimulgherry rto thanks to bblost & hellmet's posts here. Now i've put it up all over my motorcycle and feel that it isn't reflecting very much unless viewed directly from behind. wondering if i can get something of higher quality which would reflect nicely when viewed from other directions also. is 3m reflective tape significantly better than these?

btw, the rates at which i purchased are: 60 for 20cm thick tape and 120 for 50cm thick tape. charged on per meter basis.
Old 4th August 2013, 23:16   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chotu_r View Post
Awakening an old thread i also got 'reflexite' reflective tape from trimulgherry rto thanks to bblost & hellmet's posts here. Now i've put it up all over my motorcycle and feel that it isn't reflecting very much unless viewed directly from behind. wondering if i can get something of higher quality which would reflect nicely when viewed from other directions also. is 3m reflective tape significantly better than these?

btw, the rates at which i purchased are: 60 for 20cm thick tape and 120 for 50cm thick tape. charged on per meter basis.
Would you have snaps of the tape you got? Also are you looking at it in the night or daytime? They don't reflect anything without a light flashing at them. Try clicking a picture with flash on, you'll see what I mean.

The ones I bought are extremely bright even from very far away. My friend who once rode behind my motorcycle pointed out that my ride was shining like a christmas tree. Not to forget the tape I put on my helmet as well. I'll post a picture when I get hold of a camera.

Not sure about 3M, but always go for Reflexite if you have a choice because I observed that the Reflexite tape handles being bent and stuck on weird surfaces better than the other brand I got (don't remember the name) from Uppal RTO.
hellmet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 23:53   #27
BHPian

A quick check on ebay did get some results..

http://www.ebay.in/sch/i.html?_trksi...at=0&_from=R40

Wondering if there are any better things that act like these without making my ride look like a taxi !
Old 5th August 2013, 19:08   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Would you have snaps of the tape you got? Also are you looking at it in the night or daytime? They don't reflect anything without a light flashing at them. Try clicking a picture with flash on, you'll see what I mean.

The ones I bought are extremely bright even from very far away. My friend who once rode behind my motorcycle pointed out that my ride was shining like a christmas tree. Not to forget the tape I put on my helmet as well. I'll post a picture when I get hold of a camera.

Not sure about 3M, but always go for Reflexite if you have a choice because I observed that the Reflexite tape handles being bent and stuck on weird surfaces better than the other brand I got (don't remember the name) from Uppal RTO.
My bad. I was excited about testing these immediately after i got them and rather disappointed after i found they did not reflect that well in daytime. They work well during nighttime, but reflect the light back effectively only in the direction it is coming from. i was hoping that it would reflect in other directions also. Stuck some on my helmet and it works good. I got Reflexite brand only, will keep an eye out for 3M and see if it works better.
Old 12th August 2013, 15:02   #29
BHPian

Here are pictures of my helmet, cycle and motorcycle with the tape. I went insane with the helmet. Installed a flexible foam pipe on the cycle to add perception of width and stuck tape on it. Not much scope on the motorcycle, but I tried some strange pattern.

Conspicuity / Retro Reflective Tape for 2-Wheelers - Where to buy?-img_3739.jpg
Conspicuity / Retro Reflective Tape for 2-Wheelers - Where to buy?-img_3749.jpg
Conspicuity / Retro Reflective Tape for 2-Wheelers - Where to buy?-img_3750.jpg
Old 27th August 2014, 15:54   #30
Senior - BHPian

Was looking out for this and located 3M tape on eBay. Good deal I guess.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/like/3M-High-...-/261506837902

Have placed an order. Need to make my helmet, riding jacket and laptop bag more visible.
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks