Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2012, 22:14   #1
BHPian

Tested the Dieseltronic Dual Channel Box on my Linea 1.3 MJD

Hi,

I read on T-BHP previously about a new Dual Channel Dieseltronic box at racedynamics. I recently relocated with my Linea 1.3 MJD from Delhi to Bangalore and was eagerly waiting for the Dual channel box, as it tunes both your turbo and fuel intake, unlike version 1.0 which just controlled your fuel intake and not air intake by turbo.

So i decided to write a mail to Race Dynamics asking about the dual channel box and when is it launching. They replied quite quickly and told me its going to take sometime to get the boxes out but were ready to give me a test drive of what they have presently.

I call Chetan from Racedynamics and unfortunately the box isn't available as they have took them for Dyno testing, but he promises me to get it done the coming week. So the day finally arrives 30 - 11- 2012, i receive a call from Chetan and i reach racedynamics office at Jakkasandra. I live pretty close by so took me just 10 mins. Had a good chit chat with a few other team members and was waiting for Chetan. He arrives after 10 - 15 mins and we were all set to test the new Dual Channel DieselTronic.

They started to fix the box on my car, the new box as 2 connectors one for your Fuel Control and other for the Turbo some pics below (click image to see full size):

Tested the Dieseltronic Dual Channel Box on my Linea 1.3 MJD-wp_000069.jpg
Connecting the Rail fuel injector and Turbo to the ECU ports

Tested the Dieseltronic Dual Channel Box on my Linea 1.3 MJD-wp_000070.jpg
Connecting the DieselTronic box

Tested the Dieseltronic Dual Channel Box on my Linea 1.3 MJD-wp_000071.jpg
The Box - No, new badging they are still working on the name

Tested the Dieseltronic Dual Channel Box on my Linea 1.3 MJD-wp_000072.jpg
A parting picture - NO change on anything after removal of the box

As you can see the box installation was simple took around 20 min and we were ready to go.

The Drive

Stock and P2 mode

From Jakksandra, we went to HSR layout to find some empty stretch of street to check the box in P2 mode, nothing changed much in the stock mode. I am a relaxed driver as i am new to Bangalore and i try to drive as carefully as i can. The car was moving naturally and chetan switched it to P2 mode and asked me to check if i will anything different for first 3 - 4 seconds nothing, and suddenly i feel torque i wanted to shift much faster and my car was reaching the RPM band much faster, car was pulling effortlessly and i was up shifting much faster. It did not reduce the turbo lag or make me feel anything different about it but due to fast shifting it wasn't bothering me much. It felt as good as driving pretty close to a petrol car, we did not get a chance to do the times for it but may be next time.

Eco mode

we moved to eco mode just to see how it performs again it took around 3 - 4 seconds to switch to the mode after pressing the button and yes i could feel reaching that 2k RPM sweet spot was a lot slower.

The Discussion:-
Now i was impressed with the box, no black fume good acceleration from 1800 RPM to 3K RPM you reach higher speeds much faster, you can putter around in 3rd gear in the city easily even for linea. Few questions i asked Chetan during the drive, posting the conversation below:

Q : How does the dual channel box different from the earlier dieseltronic?

A: We have a new connector which connects to the turbo of you car and also control the air intake besides the fuel intake.

Q: Does P2 mode really help reduce the lag or i just feel it?
A: it makes you reach the power band a lot faster so you upshift faster which makes you feel reduced lag, if you are a light footed driver you are going to push your car a lot a faster, a heavy footed driver would feel light footed

Q: what about black fumes concern most of us have? for example with Pete's
A: We have tested this box on the worst fuel in India and not abroad like other boxes. As we are also controlling air we eliminate the black smoke problem

Q: Is the map i am driving on final or could it be more aggressive?
A: we have not finalized this map yet, we plan to keep sweet spot somewhere between 1800 rpm to 3000 rpm but we are still waiting for dyno results

Q: When is this going to be out? and what about the price?
A: we expect it to be out by end of December or January 2013, the problem is turbo connector which is stuck in customs, you can expect it be priced between Rs. 25000 to Rs. 27000 just slightly over present Dieseltronic and a lot cheaper than the competition

Q: What figures can i expect after final map for both performance and mileage?
A: We have tested various cars in swift we noticed an increase of 1 km / l in P1 mode instead of and degradation relaxed driver might have even no loss in mileage,in ECO mode we were able to achieve an increase of 7 km /l but that was only one car, we will have final figures in few weeks

The box should be out by end of December or Jan 2013, depending on availability of connectors for turbo. They have also been working on few names for the box one of them was "DieselTronic Dual", may be we could suggest some, i suggested a few:

DieselTronic 2.0 - easier to manage versions
DieselTronic Jet
DieselTronic Turbo

They also have PowerTronic for petrol cars and bikes, did not get a chance to test them.

Thanx a lot Chetan and whole RD team for the test, would be waiting for Final maps and an installation with team of the RD pic as promised in there new office

Last edited by Mindgrinder : 4th December 2012 at 21:24.
Mindgrinder is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 12:21   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Tested the Dieseltronic Dual Channel Box on my Linea 1.3 MJD

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Modifications Section. Thanks for sharing!
Old 5th December 2012, 12:55   #3
BHPian

Re: Tested the Dieseltronic Dual Channel Box on my Linea 1.3 MJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindgrinder View Post
Hi,
Q: What figures can i expect after final map for both performance and mileage?
A: We have tested various cars in swift we noticed an increase of 1 km / l in P1 mode instead of and degradation relaxed driver might have even no loss in mileage,in ECO mode we were able to achieve an increase of 7 km /l but that was only one car, we will have final figures in few weeks

The box should be out by end of December or Jan 2013, depending on availability of connectors for turbo. They have also been working on few names for the box one of them was "DieselTronic Dual", may be we could suggest some, i suggested a few
Thats a great news for all the Diesel car owners i guess. I myself have a Dieseltronic box installed on my Sx4 D, and i am totally in love with the response it provides to the throttle. Not that it was slow or something initially, but the response with the RD box is very good indeed.

I too mailed RD in October and made an enquiry about this dual channel box, the reply mail i got contemplated a commercial production earliest by the end of this financial year, January 2013 release and commercial production is commendable effort, and so too is the pricing if priced at 25K would be an amazing deal surely.
Old 5th December 2012, 13:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Great news. I have been using Race Chip Tuning Box in My Linea 2009 MJD since last 2 years which i bought it from Germnay for 8k. No issues till this year.
But this Dual Box is definitely not harming the engine and the power increase will be realy good and ECO mode is suitable for Highway and we can save some bucks on Fuel.
Awaitng the Dual Box to be released.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 5th December 2012 at 13:05.
Old 5th December 2012, 13:12   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally good news for the Diesel car owners!

Is there increase in performance across modes compared to the existing DIESELTRONIC box? People who already have the box,if they test the new one then we can get a clear picture. I dont mind shelling a couple of K's extra to ensure that my turbo is safe..

@RACEDYNAMICS - What is the target cars of the new box? Cars with FGT or VGT? Does FGT cars reqiure boost control too?
Old 5th December 2012, 14:22   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindgrinder

Q: Does P2 mode really help reduce the lag or i just feel it?
A: it makes you reach the power band a lot faster so you upshift faster which makes you feel reduced lag, if you are a light footed driver you are going to push your car a lot a faster, a heavy footed driver would feel light footed
So finally- we have more clarity on what is one of the most awaited aftermarket tuning product for 2013. A January launch would be a dream come true. My Punto 90hp is waiting patiently for this mod.

Somehow I couldn't really understand what you were suggesting about P2 mode. Are you suggesting that the turbo starts spooling lower down the rpm range, so it reaches the sweet spot faster?
Did you not try the engine response above 2k rpm?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindgrinder
"DieselTronic Dual"
DieselTronic Turbo
I would suggest 'Dieseltronic turbo' as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki
Cars with FGT or VGT? Does FGT cars reqiure boost control too?
AFAIK- its only for cars with VGT.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 5th December 2012 at 14:24.
Old 5th December 2012, 20:06   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
So finally- we have more clarity on what is one of the most awaited aftermarket tuning product for 2013. A January launch would be a dream come true. My Punto 90hp is waiting patiently for this mod.

Somehow I couldn't really understand what you were suggesting about P2 mode. Are you suggesting that the turbo starts spooling lower down the rpm range, so it reaches the sweet spot faster?
Did you not try the engine response above 2k rpm?
I did, it reached 3k RPM very easily as compared to in the stock mode i felt it was a 1.5 to 2 sec faster hitting 2k RPM, you can feel the torque coming through. I guess racedynamics would be answering few of the queries soon as they are better equipped to do that. I have asked them if they can possibly take part in this discussion. I also like the DieselTronic Turbo (DTT) as a name

Last edited by Mindgrinder : 5th December 2012 at 20:10.
Old 6th December 2012, 09:46   #8
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for bringing this Mindgrinder, I have a Dieseltronic for the past 3k kms (i think ) and with this box itself the shifts are quicker, I reach the ton quicker plus get good mileage with P1. Let me see if I can test this dual box to see the difference.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2012, 10:03   #9
BHPian

Thanks for the sneak peek, now I just await them to launch the new model and provide stocks to their good dealers in Mumbai. Perhaps, if I can suggest, some launch offer may be started for those who either pre-book/ book with TBHP handles.
Old 6th December 2012, 11:24   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

I met Chetan when he was in Hyderabad and he wanted me to try out this new box on my car. Unfortunately, due to last minute meet-up and since it was late in night, we couldnt hook up the box on my car for a TD

Hopefully, next time when he's in town.
Old 6th December 2012, 11:38   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
Perhaps, if I can suggest, some launch offer may be started for those who either pre-book/ book with TBHP handles.
Sounds like an excellent idea, we now have RD on TBHP, maybe one of us can take this up with them and strike a deal for all the BHPians. Lets see once this box comes out if we can strike a bulk deal or a special deal for BHPians.
Old 6th December 2012, 23:12   #12
BHPian

Thanks for the share! I was planning to buy the diesel tronic for my Polo very soon, would wait for this now!
Old 7th December 2012, 21:02   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindgrinder View Post
I have asked them if they can possibly take part in this discussion.
I had asked him a question about the box in an earlier thread - but his answer was that he would not like to violate team-bhp rules. I wouldn't complain if he keeps his silence on the forum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 599gto View Post
Thanks for the share! I was planning to buy the diesel tronic for my Polo very soon, would wait for this now!
Does Polo have an ECU controlled turbo?

I was under the impression Vento/ Rapid has one, while Polo/Fabia does not.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2012, 21:44   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I had asked him a question about the box in an earlier thread - but his answer was that he would not like to violate team-bhp rules. I wouldn't complain if he keeps his silence on the forum!

Does Polo have an ECU controlled turbo?

I was under the impression Vento/ Rapid has one, while Polo/Fabia does not.
I truely have no idea about this, would definitely like to know, gurus any further info?
Old 5th March 2014, 01:00   #15
BHPian

Did I just read "bikes"?

Was wondering as to whats on offer for RE Classic 500 fi?

Race Dynamics..whats your say? Let me hear something good

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks