Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2014, 15:13   #46
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo - Projector Headlights, Light up the way!

Here's my setup in case you want to check it out

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-mod-figo.html

Genome brand projectors and 6000K lights. The lights are quite nice to drive during night but are not that great for rainy days. I plan to change to 4300K soon.
Old 3rd June 2014, 16:38   #47
BHPian

I'm sourcing the FX-R stage III kit from the US for my Ford Ecosport. Which lens should I go for? 2.5' or 3'? Is there a difference in performance? Bulbs and ballasts 35W
the13thtee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2014, 16:38   #48
BHPian

Just FYI - I am right now at the HSR Reliance Auto zone getting the bulb changed from 6000k to 4300k .. In case anyone wants to see or talk to the guy, he's here. (Not soliciting sales!!)
Old 20th January 2016, 18:18   #49
BHPian

Quote:
nayaknav

Proud to say that my projectors have stood strong through the Mumbai rains now. I encountered only slight fogging in the headlamps during the rainy season, but no heavy leakage that I was afraid of initially. . Not sure whether I should be bothered about the fogging, it clears up after a bit of rest.

But, all in all a happy customer!
Hi Nayaknav,

How are your HID's doing? I have a figo for which I am looking at upgrading the lights. It is long due, thought about asking for experience with these once.
Old 18th February 2016, 00:06   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by malgudi View Post
Hi Nayaknav,

How are your HID's doing? I have a figo for which I am looking at upgrading the lights. It is long due, thought about asking for experience with these once.
Hi Malgudi,

HID's are doing great. Even the Red LED's are still working fine.

I had to visit Vinit twice as my lights had conked off. Once it turned out to be Rat's doing... ate off the wire. And second time, which was in 2015, the Ballast had burned off. (That's pretty good life if you ask me) About 1-2k damage each time if I remember correctly.

There was also a problem with fogging initially in the headlight housing during rainy season. That was taken care off at a local garage by blowing the headlights clean of moisture and then a healthy dose of silica gel was applied. That set me back by 200-300 bucks.

Have not seen any other issues with the lights and am totally satisfied with them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks