Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2013, 21:27   #31

Re: Ford Figo - Projector Headlights, Light up the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
josegeorge, can you provide the details of the work here?
How much does it cost and where can i find a good hand at work?

CONTACT GALAXY CONTACT PERSON - MUNEEM, HE WILL HELP U OUT
Old 25th May 2013, 00:37   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Hey, have you got a chance to take it on highway? Howz your experience so far?

I was planning for this setup on my Figo too. but a bit of hesitation as i had doubt about its longevity. It looks great and i really like the mini cooper-ish style.

One more doubt, The angel eye's color tend to look orangish on your setup.. Is it due to photo effect or you get that in that color? Do we can get this in whitish color?
Sorry for the really late reply. Have been really caught up.

Yup, night drives on the highway are really comfortable now. I never have to drive on high beams as the range of the low beam itself is quite far. I am really glad i went ahead and got the projectors.

As for the angel eye color, it is red. Orange is all thanks to the camera :P
There were quite a few options available for the color. Even white color is available as far as i remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Hey, just barging in with a question here. So you have a shot of the HIDs in these?
Yup Mayank, HIDs! Love them. Have to wait and watch how the 4300K perform in the rainy season now.
Old 25th May 2013, 09:22   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayaknav View Post

Yup Mayank, HIDs! Love them. Have to wait and watch how the 4300K perform in the rainy season now.
4.3s will be just fine in the rain.
What I meant was, do you have a picture of the hid bulbs ,bare?
Old 25th May 2013, 17:32   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
4.3s will be just fine in the rain.
What I meant was, do you have a picture of the hid bulbs ,bare?
Oh, I misread that! No pics of the HIDs sadly.
Old 14th October 2013, 17:09   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayaknav View Post
Yes the throw is bright, but will not bother the oncoming traffic unless you drive on high beams. In low beam the light cuts off below the windows. And low beam is more than enough to drive around in the city and also on our mumbai highways.

Congrats nayaknav on getting these projectors installed. AES is a good brand and it also seems that they manufacture some projector models for "The Retrofit Source". I have been using these projectors for quite some time now, and absolutely no problems yet.

But there is a small issue. You have got the projectors with Left Hand Drive cutoff. Since we are amongst the very few countries that follow RHD, we need to ask the supplier (China in this case) to send us a RHD cutoff projector.

RHD cutoff is designed so that no light falls on the the oncoming traffic and at the same time allow you to see road signs on the left (When using low beams). High beam behavior is the same in both LHD and RHD cutoff.

Since you have already installed the LHD setup, it does not make to sense to redo all the stuff again, although it is wrong to drive with LHD cutoff. But you can give feedback to the installer and the importer to procure the correct projector.

All the name/model/wattage/options(devils eye/shroud) etc. remain the same, only a small internal part, the shield is different for RHD setup.

Note: Photo is copy right of the respective owners.
Referance : http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...=315536&page=7
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo - Projector Headlights, Light up the way!-suqesyzy.jpg  

LP640 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 21:12   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP640 View Post
Congrats nayaknav on getting these projectors installed. AES is a good brand and it also seems that they manufacture some projector models for "The Retrofit Source". I have been using these projectors for quite some time now, and absolutely no problems yet.

But there is a small issue. You have got the projectors with Left Hand Drive cutoff. Since we are amongst the very few countries that follow RHD, we need to ask the supplier (China in this case) to send us a RHD cutoff projector.
Hi LP, Yes, the Beam Cut-off is for LHD. I realised that after the fitting was done and the lights were turned on. The beam is leveled properly so that it does not affect the oncoming traffic. Plus never felt the need to drive in high beams after getting this done. So no complaints.
The cut-off had it been correct would have been great but still, have faced no issues with this yet.
Good point however, will surely help any future buyers to check this aspect.

Proud to say that my projectors have stood strong through the Mumbai rains now. I encountered only slight fogging in the headlamps during the rainy season, but no heavy leakage that I was afraid of initially. . Not sure whether I should be bothered about the fogging, it clears up after a bit of rest.

But, all in all a happy customer!
nayaknav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2013, 19:57   #37
BHPian

We had projectors fitted in my brother-in-law's Figo few months back. It was done by EVO Satya, Bangalore. We are extremely happy with the lights though it is less effective during rain.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo - Projector Headlights, Light up the way!-car4.jpg  

Ford Figo - Projector Headlights, Light up the way!-car3.jpg  

Ford Figo - Projector Headlights, Light up the way!-car1.jpg  

spradheep is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2013, 16:28   #38

Congratulations, Looks great.

My brother will be so happy to read this thread & will get them installed in his Figo.
I'm myself getting tempted to get the same installed in my Wagon R!

Have many safe miles ahead! Drive safe!
Arvindaksh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2013, 02:44   #39
BHPian

Newbie question here.
Does every projector light come with the angel eyes thing? Or do you also get projectors that do not have the angel eyes design? Every projector headlight I've come across on TBHP seems to have the angel eyes setup.

Would appreciate if someone could clear things up
Old 4th January 2014, 00:01   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spradheep View Post
We had projectors fitted in my brother-in-law's Figo few months back. It was done by EVO Satya, Bangalore. We are extremely happy with the lights though it is less effective during rain.
Is this the same EVO which is in Cambridge Road near Ulsoor? And BTW how much did he charge you for the complete projector headlamp setup including the installation?
Thank you in advance!
Regards,
Rakshith
Rakshith220 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 00:11   #41
BHPian

I am planning of upgrading my WagonR VXi's headlamps to AES Projector Headlamp Setup as i find the stock bulbs 65/55w to be too poor to even handle city traffic lighting conditions. I just happen to get in touch with a person called Mr. Amit who is from New Delhi and deals with AES Projector Headlamps HID Kits, his contact number is 9871490280. He is a gentleman who cleared all my doubts and also said that he can ship the kit to any city across India through express courier service. He has told me that a pair of AES Projector Headlamps including all the wiring harness, Ballasts etc., would cost me Rs.8500 for a set of 2 for my WagonR including the shipping cost to Bangalore. Can some one please let me know if it is okay to go for it. Please share more information on the same! Thank You fellow Team-BHPian's in Advance!
Old 4th January 2014, 10:53   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshith220 View Post
Is this the same EVO which is in Cambridge Road near Ulsoor? And BTW how much did he charge you for the complete projector headlamp setup including the installation?
Thank you in advance!
Regards,
Rakshith
Yes, it is the same. The total cost was around 25k including the installation. It has been a year now and no issues at all. It was an extremely good job done by Satya.
spradheep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2014, 11:38   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spradheep View Post
Have a question for you. How did the installer route the wires of HID inside the headlamp to the ballasts? Did he drill a hole into the back cover of the head lamp?
Old 6th January 2014, 19:25   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Have a question for you. How did the installer route the wires of HID inside the headlamp to the ballasts? Did he drill a hole into the back cover of the head lamp?
I'm not sure on this since we installed a year back. But as far as I remember no hole was drilled during the installation. But let me check on this and update you.
Old 31st May 2014, 17:23   #45
BHPian

Hey mate,

I don't know if this is mentioned in earlier posts. Can you share the make of the Projectors, HID bulbs, Ballasts, shrouds and the Wire Harness?

Cheers !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks