Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2013, 13:07   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: A rally legend! Just bought a Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by i<3turbo View Post
I think it came from thailand but then again uk spec might be same as thailand. Japan always gets the goodies
Is the VIN of an indian lancer or of imported one?

Rather than importing the complete car, many import a crashed front half as parts. The donor car may have been rear ended or front is intact so you cut off what you don't need and get the stuff that you do need.

Then you use those parts and fit them onto an indian Lancer shell thereby getting the EVO convert.

To make it road legal, one way is to register it as an import rather than engine change which might be trickier.

I can see from your interior pic that you have climate control and probably the instrument cluster from an EVO as well. That means it could be a full import or import of front half.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th January 2013, 14:43   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

Is the VIN of an indian lancer or of imported one?

Rather than importing the complete car, many import a crashed front half as parts. The donor car may have been rear ended or front is intact so you cut off what you don't need and get the stuff that you do need.

Then you use those parts and fit them onto an indian Lancer shell thereby getting the EVO convert.

To make it road legal, one way is to register it as an import rather than engine change which might be trickier.

I can see from your interior pic that you have climate control and probably the instrument cluster from an EVO as well. That means it could be a full import or import of front half.
Like i said before its a complete import. The rc car says lmvimp.
Old 13th January 2013, 01:21   #33
BHPian

So should i paint the middle of the spoiler gloss black, wrap it in cf vinyl, or color match it with the rest of the car? The roof will be a gloss black...

Last edited by i<3turbo : 13th January 2013 at 01:29.
Old 13th January 2013, 05:00   #34
BHPian

Congratulations on a excellent buy. The evos are really fast, some say nearly as fast as supercars(when tuned).
Hope to see this in the drag, would love to see it run.
Old 13th January 2013, 09:25   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhayshanu View Post
Congratulations on a excellent buy. The evos are really fast, some say nearly as fast as supercars(when tuned).
Hope to see this in the drag, would love to see it run.
Yes sir you are correct. This is my plan eventually to take on some of these super cars after my build. Im planning to do a gt35rs or a gt 37rx (spools like a gt28). Also i want to do a full build with a 2.3 stroker kit should be making 550-600 whp. I want to do some drag runs they have in kharghar and have some track days in chennai. How is your skoda doing i see you did a stage 2. Would you want to sell it? How much whp does it make?
Old 13th January 2013, 13:33   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Yes sir you are correct. This is my plan eventually to take on some of these super cars after my build. Im planning to do a gt35rs or a gt 37rx (spools like a gt28). Also i want to do a full build with a 2.3 stroker kit should be making 550-600 whp. I want to do some drag runs they have in kharghar and have some track days in chennai. How is your skoda doing i see you did a stage 2. Would you want to sell it? How much whp does it make?
Good plan. a 600 whp AWD car will be a monster. The drags are of distant past now. But we are fortunate some crazy petrol heads do try to bring them back.
Last to last year, it was A R Motorsports with the drags at Kharghar. And this year, its Elite Octane( organized by bhpian - insanerider ) at the Amby Valley Airstrip in march.
I'm not sure if doing a track day at chennai will be that easy, from what I have heard, they have become very strict, but the coimbatore one is still open for business.
Yes, my vRS is a stage II, supposedly 240 bhp. Will be dynoing it soon at 87 ron( regular fuel ) and 97 ron ( Speed 97 ) before the races. I have NO plan to sell it any future, not near, not distant.
I have plans for it to become a much bigger monster than your car.
Old 13th January 2013, 13:47   #37
BHPian

Quote:

Good plan. a 600 whp AWD car will be a monster. The drags are of distant past now. But we are fortunate some crazy petrol heads do try to bring them back.
Last to last year, it was A R Motorsports with the drags at Kharghar. And this year, its Elite Octane( organized by bhpian - insanerider ) at the Amby Valley Airstrip in march.
I'm not sure if doing a track day at chennai will be that easy, from what I have heard, they have become very strict, but the coimbatore one is still open for business.
Yes, my vRS is a stage II, supposedly 240 bhp. Will be dynoing it soon at 87 ron( regular fuel ) and 97 ron ( Speed 97 ) before the races. I have NO plan to sell it any future, not near, not distant.
I have plans for it to become a much bigger monster than your car.
Good luck dude but fwd cars are hard to build. Traction issues and axles breaking. If you know any one selling a vrs let me know.
Old 13th January 2013, 13:58   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Good luck dude but fwd cars are hard to build. Traction issues and axles breaking. If you know any one selling a vrs let me know.
Who said anything about a FWD monster? Also check out the classifieds, there is always a few vRSs for sale. Some really cheap, like 2-3L.

Last edited by abhayshanu : 13th January 2013 at 14:02.
Old 13th January 2013, 14:08   #39
BHPian

Quote:

Who said anything about a FWD monster? Also check out the classifieds, there is always a few vRSs for sale. Some really cheap, like 2-3L.
LOL isnt the vrs a fwd car? You said you are gonna make it a monster haha
Old 13th January 2013, 14:11   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
LOL isnt the vrs a fwd car? You said you are gonna make it a monster haha
AWD conversions are possible, since it is based on the Golf platform.
Old 13th January 2013, 14:16   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
AWD conversions are possible, since it is based on the Golf platform.
Im pretty sure its on the b5 passats platform. I may be wrong. Or the mkiv jetta.

Passats do come 4 motion but do that convertion is really expensive!!
Old 13th January 2013, 14:23   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Get it back to its stock form and use it around for a while before getting on the undeniable urge to power up...

Stock evo's are hard to find and are great to drive when stock. Modding comes with its own share of ups and downs (not to mention reliability issues).

Keep it stock... Keep it real... Keep it safe!

Cheers..
R32_GTR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 13th January 2013, 14:25   #43
BHPian

There are international Skoda Octavia 1.8T with 4x4 setups. Mostly on their Combi versions. The WRC ones were also 4x4, both using the haldex Gen II AWDs. The conversion is possible and theoretically it should be fairly simple as all the parts available as near direct bolt ons. But a conversion is a conversion.
Old 13th January 2013, 18:07   #44
BHPian

Quote:
There are international Skoda Octavia 1.8T with 4x4 setups. Mostly on their Combi versions. The WRC ones were also 4x4, both using the haldex Gen II AWDs. The conversion is possible and theoretically it should be fairly simple as all the parts available as near direct bolt ons. But a conversion is a conversion.
Its probably very expensive to do a conversion. Has any else done it before?
Old 13th January 2013, 22:53   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR View Post

Get it back to its stock form and use it around for a while before getting on the undeniable urge to power up...

Stock evo's are hard to find and are great to drive when stock. Modding comes with its own share of ups and downs (not to mention reliability issues).

Keep it stock... Keep it real... Keep it safe!

Cheers..
Yes im thinking of taking this route but there are many kids with these super cars that mommy and daddy bought them would be hilarious to see them lose to a jap crap!!
i<3turbo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed