Team-BHP - Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/13386-car-covers-dupont-tph-polco-etc-13.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gansan (Post 3218470)
I was under the impression that tyvek is a fabric from Dupont, and various brands use it to make car covers. But it is not so. A neighbour of mine bought a Toyota Etios yesterday, and a cover for it. Today morning I saw the cover sporting a Dupont label.

Tyvek is a patented product of DuPont. What you believed is still correct - Manufacturers buy this cloth in bulk & produce according to the size & demand. But then again, common with all successful products, there are fakes available in the market. So maybe, they are putting a 'genuine DuPont Tyvek' label for assurance.

I am looking forward to buy a Tyvek cover for my Civic. It is available on Vicky.in at a cost of 3281 INR. Has anybody purchased from Vicky.in before ? How has been the experience ? Any feedback on this would help.

Also, I prefer to see it before I buy it and hence if someone can point me towards any retailers selling Tyvek car covers in Chennai, that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rr_zen (Post 3414675)
I am looking forward to buy a Tyvek cover for my Civic. It is available on Vicky.in at a cost of 3281 INR. Has anybody purchased from Vicky.in before ? How has been the experience ? Any feedback on this would help.

There's a separate thread in our forum dedicated for vicky.in purchase experience and reviews. Please go through it to get an idea.

Hi,

I am looking to buy a car cover for my new black xuv 500. I need it because I do not have a covered parking.

Will it be ok to use cover or will it do more harm than good considering the black color and ease of getting scratched?

Can you recommend a good brand/model for a cover.

Carvoyeur

Quote:

Originally Posted by carvoyeur (Post 3428287)
Hi,

I am looking to buy a car cover for my new black xuv 500. I need it because I do not have a covered parking.

Will it be ok to use cover or will it do more harm than good considering the black color and ease of getting scratched?

Carvoyeur

Quoting my own post to see if I can get some expert response.

Carvoyeur

Any pointers towards retailers that sell Dupont Tyvek covers in Chennai? I had been to GP road the other day and since I was in a hurry checked with only one shop and the owner causally said that Tyvek covers are not being supplied anymore. Unable to tolerate his hogwash, I left the place.

Had sent an enquiry to Dupont through their website but no response till date.

I see one or two online portals (Vicky.in for instance) that claim to sell this product but am a bit apprehensive of buying from them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carvoyeur (Post 3428287)
Hi,

Carvoyeur

Have you checked the one from Mahindra ?

Dupont Tyvek covers are the best. They keep the car free from heat and humidity so the leather, paint and interior remains safe. Also it feels great to enter in a cool car interior while other cars feel like oven in 40+ temperatures.

Few months ago I bought my second cover for my Altis as the first was torn away. I buy from Toyota dealership to avoid risk of buying a fake.

Dear all :
I intend to buy a TYVEK car cover for my new car Hyundai ELITE i20, which was delivered to me last week. I have the following queries-

1. Where can I buy an ORIGINAL TYVEK (which is a brand owned by DUPONT) cover online? (Dealerships charge a massive premium, which is unnecessary)
2. Is anyone aware if this is available for the NEW HYUNDAI ELITE i20, which has been launched less than 1 month ago?
3. Would this cover have an additional overhead pocket for including the antennae? (the antenna is located towards the rear end of the vehicle roof and is central to the width of the car).
4. Are these covers water-proof ie: can they be used during the rains, or do they get wet?
5. Does it really keep the vehicle cool inside (as mentioned by one of the members on the forum), inspite of the heat outside (& is this the primary reason people use TYVEK)?
6. Are there any other points I need to keep in mind before going ahead with the purchase?

Your response shall greatly help me make an informed decision.

Hi!

I am looking for a slim fit red car cover for my red Bmw 320d sportline. The car is always parked in shaded parking but when parking at my in-law's apartment, there are kids who cause scratches on the car. It has happened to an E class and we don't want it to happen to our car.

I am looking for something that is good looking but not too expensive. Bmw Future car cover costs Rs.25000 last time I checked. So, I am looking for a good quality red slim fit cover for my car. A sample picture has been attached. Can anyone guide me where would I get one?

Has anyone used Autofurnish Car covers and can comment on the quality of material?

They have one called as Silver and another Parkin Silver, When i called them they said the expensive one (Parkin Silver) is more water proof. With my car mostly in a covered car parking i am not too concerned about water proofness and it is just to prevent dust when i am away.

http://autofurnish.com/honda

Quote:

Originally Posted by yaseenar (Post 3612396)
Hi!

I am looking for a slim fit red car cover for my red Bmw 320d sportline. The car is always parked in shaded parking but when parking at my in-law's apartment, there are kids who cause scratches on the car. It has happened to an E class and we don't want it to happen to our car.

I am looking for something that is good looking but not too expensive. Bmw Future car cover costs Rs.25000 last time I checked. So, I am looking for a good quality red slim fit cover for my car. A sample picture has been attached. Can anyone guide me where would I get one?

www.tphcovers.com / tphcovers@gmail.com

They are a quite pricey(about 14k for 3 series) but material used is pretty good and highly customizable.

Anyone know of other such polyester based covers available in India?

Quote:

Bmw Future car cover costs Rs.25000 last time I checked.
I bought one from BMW for my X6 couple of Years back and it lasted only 2-3 Years . I found Toyota Quality better - the one on my Fortuner that I bought from Toyota Dealer 2 Years back is as good as new .

Quote:

They are a quite pricey(about 14k for 3 series) but material used is pretty good and highly customizable
Have you bought anything from them ? website looks good ..I need one for my 7 series

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0and1 (Post 3621538)
Has anyone used Autofurnish Car covers and can comment on the quality of material?
http://autofurnish.com/honda

They are pretty cheap. Doubt it would be the Tyvek variant, fit and durability.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 3621594)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turbanator (Post 3621770)
Have you bought anything from them ? website looks good ..I need one for my 7 series

Yes, the site looks good and tempting. BTW, are the covers Tyvek? By the images in the gallery, the fit is so loose. Is anybody using these covers or jackets as they call?
I am interested in the Dust Proof Jacket for my City which is quoted as 1800/-

@dreams; At the price they look a bit dodgy to say the least. Also, they have to be a bit of a loose fit if they are not to tear.