Team-BHP - Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/13386-car-covers-dupont-tph-polco-etc-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by k_ajay (Post 2520506)
Where in Bangalore can we buy this Tyvek DuPont car cover? I haven't checked Reliance Autozone but I will tomorrow. Apart from R AZ, is this cover available with anyone else?
Cheers,
aK

@ ak : If you are looking it for Maruti Vehicles, you can get it in their showrooms. I got one from there only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gansan (Post 2520823)
^^Tyvek is just the name of the fabric made by Dupont, the covers themselves are made by independent mfrs. Polco is the best I think, and can be ordered online.

Hi Gansan,

I was aware of that, but thanks. I want to know where I can pick up one physically in B'lore. Only if that is not an option, do I want to look buying online. I've already checked Polco's online store.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambuhere1 (Post 2521146)
@ ak : If you are looking it for Maruti Vehicles, you can get it in their showrooms. I got one from there only.

Hi lambuhere1,

No, my vehicle is not a Maruti make.

Wouldnt these covers cause scratches on the car?Problem is it gets dusty,is very hard to clean so remains dusty.Now when we try to remove the cover it rubs against the cars paint and the dust makes a lot of tiny bit significant amount of scratches marring the paint quality.

So whats the advantage of using these covers?

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let the mumbai folks know that the dealers finally got delivery for the car cover. I just got mine for the 2006 Corolla from a dealer near Opera House, Mr Rajeev (+91 9820123452).

As per him Dupont has introduced a new category called the E class for BMW 7, Merc S and Audi A8 series.

I had tried to track down a dealer for the past 2 months but could not find a supplier in either Gurgaon or Pune for a tyvek cover which fit the Corolla. The dealers unfortunately had one for the altis which was tight on the older generation.

HR

Hi Members,

Just got the Tyvek cover for my car [@ B'lore]. Bought it off Reliance AutoZone on K.H road [double road].

The M.R.P was Rs. 3125/- but the price at RA was Rs. 1529/- only [this is why I thought buying it locally might be sensible]. By not buying online, I saved 50%.

Haven't tried it on the car yet as it's dirty but the material is much different from the local silver colored car cover and yes, I remember having received parcel covers with the same material.

Will be pleased it if works as advertised.

Someone above asked advantages. Well, protects from UV rays, keeps the car cooler than other covers, is breathable and more 'resistant' to water.

Read about the product here: http://www2.dupont.com/Tyvek/en_US/u...ar_covers.html

All Reliance AutoZone have the Polco covers [silver and Tyvek] so please look there before you buy from elsewhere [RA outside HSR layout does not have stock of B++ category Tyvek cover for a loooooong time].

Cheers,
aK

Hi Guys,

Has anyone bought a Tyvek cover for a Honda Civic ? I'm asking because i would like to know if it fits perfectly like the original cover which has an elastic at the front and the rear to keep it from flying off.

I would have liked to buy it from a Honda dealer so that you get a perfect fit but when i asked at Linkway Honda the other day and they said that they don't have Tyvek covers.

Thanks
Revvhed

Can anyone foretell what should be the ideal life of a Polco Tyvek cover?
I had brought a Polco Tyvek cover for my Bullet Electra that had 'Royal Enfield' logo on it from RE Dealer here. It lasted only 3 years - it was literally torn after 3 years:eek: till i disposed it off. Had paid some Rs. 900/- then.
And my motorcycle is parked in a shade. The cover is used just for protection from dust settlement.
I would not suggest Polco covers. Tyvek itself is good but maybe Polco is not using authentic material.

Within silver covers, there are a variety of materials available. I buy the thickest variety for 500 bucks and it last me for 6 to 8 months under the sun. During monsoons, I use the heavier blue one over the silver one for water protection. Only very fine dust manages to settle on the car. Wash and Silicon Glaze takes care of it every 2 months.

For my 2 wheelers, I prefer the blue one all year round, since they are better suited in an area infested with friendly neighbours and their 4 legged spraying machines.

Just a normal statement.

I am a distributor of Dupont's tyvek for the north india region for graphic / tag/ label / envelope and some other application ( not the car covers) and I can assure each and everyone of you that using tyvek over the normal car cover is totally worth it. ( Please excuse the commercial part as I am totally away from the Car Cover Division of Tyvek)

I'm really glad to see a product which actually is good compared to other cheaper alternatives being accepted in the market.

:)

Polco uses material from duPont, but as far as I know it is not Tyvek.

I went to Reliance because I wanted to get a Polco Tyvek cover and the only ones from Polco they had were the silver ones which definitely arent tyvek. Any idea where they can be bought in Mumbai ?

I'm gonna give this a shot cause i noticed the (ordinary) car cover that came with my car has been causing tiny scratches on the paint, also it isn't waterproof. Checked for pricing at one of the Opera House stores and they've quoted me 3900/-
Will buy it later this evening. Hopefully it works as advertised by Dupont!

The covers available at Relaince autozone are not marked as Tyvek now. They are marked as Polco Dupont. The sales person on South End road was not informed about this and was unable to give a satisfying answer to my query, so had to go to the KH road outlet where the sales person guided me to the cover and showed me the difference between the normal and the Dupont.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macfreak7 (Post 2693215)
I'm gonna give this a shot cause i noticed the (ordinary) car cover that came with my car has been causing tiny scratches on the paint,

How about getting a tailor-made cotton cloth cover and then covering it with your Original cover that came with the car. The cotton (towel-type) cover will save you from the scratches.
For a waterproof cover, be ready to un-cover once the water stops pouring as trapped water is more dangerous then letting your car get wet and air dry.
It also depends on which car you own. If its a modern car, you need not worry as paint & metal technologies have progressed a lot. You only have to be careful if you own a 'Period' car.

Guys, I just read abou Tyvek & how a lot of people have really benefited from using these covers despite the high cost.

Can anybody guide me to some place in Delhi/NCR where I can find these? I had heard that these were available at Reliance Autozone but it seems that they no longer stock these.

Drive safe.