Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2016, 15:37   #226
Senior - BHPian

re: Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc

I was checking on TPH covers for my Fiesta. On Friday, i decided to get the Microlite. The price shown was about 4,800 INR. However, despite repeated efforts, the payment din't go through, so I put it off for another day. I go to the website to buy it today, and boom ! the price shown is 7,200 INR now !

Talk about inflation hitting us hard... or rather, is this the greed of the manufacturer?
Old 15th February 2016, 23:25   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
I go to the website to buy it today, and boom ! the price shown is 7,200 INR now !

Talk about inflation hitting us hard... or rather, is this the greed of the manufacturer?
That's so steep!! Did you enquire them? I would say their jackets are worth every penny.
Old 17th February 2016, 08:46   #228
BHPian

Just checked the price of Microlite and it is 11000\-
Looks like they added some new programming logic to their website that increase the price automatically until it cross the actual price of the Car.
svkndv is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 09:11   #229
BHPian

11000 rs for a car cover is not at all worth until and unless you have a supercar. I would rather use that money to get my cars detailed twice a year.
Akib Khan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 14:56   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib Khan View Post
11000 rs for a car cover is not at all worth until and unless you have a supercar. I would rather use that money to get my cars detailed twice a year.
Exactly! And at this price, I would actually have to protect the car cover from being stolen. So I would never in the right mind pay so much, unless it comes with GPS signal linked to my car and also programmable self destruction if it goes out of range
aravind.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 15:23   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Exactly! And at this price, I would actually have to protect the car cover from being stolen. So I would never in the right mind pay so much, unless it comes with GPS signal linked to my car and also programmable self destruction if it goes out of range
I have posted query in their facebook page and received following response ,

New Imported Materials Has arrived . More Durable With more Compact Features. Please Contact Our Customer Care : +91 7820088808 for any more queries sir.

Looks like import cost rather than cost of the material.

Can anyone recommend me an alternate cover for VW Jetta?. I do not have a covered parking so preference is always for a 100% water proof cover.
Old 13th April 2016, 13:33   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowlFlap View Post
After a lot of initial skepticism, I finally went in for TPH’s animal protecting (silver series) cover. Polco just stopped responding, and the dupont tyvek cover was anyways very vulnerable to cats.
Hello,
Could you please tell me whether the Animal protecting cover you bought, serve the purpose. I have the exact problem - cats and dogs tearing the car cover. They even climb the car to jump into neighbor's house. So, I just wanted to know your experience on this car cover.

Cheers
Old 14th April 2016, 23:15   #233
BHPian

Has anyone used covers from coverwell or tph? Can you please share your reviews on the same? Also, does polco cover fit the car snugly or it stays loose? My purpose of asking this is because my driveway is very windy and dusty so a cover until and unless made to fit a particular car, won't stay in place and dust will seep into the cover. So can polco cover bear high speed winds without fluttering? My current car cover has gotten all loose and doesn't stay in place at all. Please help me choose a cover that solves my purpose. TIA.
Old 15th April 2016, 08:12   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
Has anyone used covers from coverwell or tph? Can you please share your reviews on the same?
I have been using the tph covers on my City and it is very good. Fit and finish are remarkable. Its also lightweight and the elastics in the front and rear are very rigid. Overall VFM
Old 17th April 2016, 10:09   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone used covers from coverwell or tph? Can you please share your reviews on the same? Also, does polco cover fit the car snugly or it stays loose? My purpose of asking this is because my driveway is very windy and dusty so a cover until and unless made to fit a particular car, won't stay in place and dust will seep into the cover. So can polco cover bear high speed winds without fluttering? My current car cover has gotten all loose and doesn't stay in place at all. Please help me choose a cover that solves my purpose. TIA.
Go with it. I have been using TPH for almost 6-7 months now for my City. The elastics are still good and haven't become loose. It is just that dust has made it a bit dirty. But hey, it protects my car from bird defecation and I am happy with that .

Just cross verify the price on the website by calling them. The prices seem to have increased a lot as per some of the comments above.
aghate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2016, 19:25   #236
BHPian

Rates of TPH covers have gone sky high with even the most basic ones costing ~₹4500 for the Octavia which are quite pointless and to get a good cover, you'll end up spending at least ₹7-8k. I don't know if they are worth the price but I wasn't comfortable spending so much on a cover. I contacted Coverwell who might not have an extensive portfolio as tph but still had tyvek covers and another polyster one which is more durable and water resistant as well. I purchased the polyster one and received it today. Got a good discount since I purchased it directly from their factory in Delhi.

First impressions
The cover is heavy, easily around 4 kgs and sticks to the body snugly since it is custom made for my car. The material seems to be of a good quality and the elastic holds the cover perfectly. It's too early to say about it's waterproofing/ resisting ability though. Also, I believe that one needs to be careful while putting it and should not slide against the paint. Once put in, it's going no where.

About the company
Since there wasn't much info about them, I asked the person incharge to send me some photos where they have worked. He said that he's been supplying to Rolls Royce and Mercedes in Delhi and according to eBay, they have even designed a cover for President's limo.

Their covers are available on eBay and Paytm costing ₹5k whether you buy a tyvek one or the heavy polyster one. They are custom made for your car so you can expect a perfect fit. I'm attaching a pic of the polyster one I bought.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Covers - Dupont, TPH, Polco etc-image.jpeg  

shreyak_ss is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th April 2016, 18:28   #237
BHPian

Hi,

Has anyone cleaned these car covers and does it impact the strength of these covers? I know these get soaked during rain and get pretty dirty but do we need to follow any guideline to clean these using detergent.

Regards.
Old 24th April 2016, 12:30   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antardaksh View Post
Hi,

Has anyone cleaned these car covers and does it impact the strength of these covers? I know these get soaked during rain and get pretty dirty but do we need to follow any guideline to clean these using detergent.

Regards.
IMO if the car cover is water resistant then it should not be a problem. What I do is remove the dust with the car duster that I have and then remove it whenever I have to to go. Haven't washed it yet.

Found this info,
http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-t...n-a-car-cover/

Fill your bucket with warm or cold water.
- Simple Green Cleaner for each quart of water.
- Spray the cover with a hose to dampen it and remove any loose debris.
- Using the sponge or cloth, wash the cover with the cleaning solution.
- Rinse thoroughly with the hose. Be sure to remove all suds to maintain the fabric’s water resistance.
- Turn your cover inside out and place it back on your car.
- Repeat steps 1-5.
- Allow the cover to dry completely.
aghate is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2016, 13:08   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone cleaned these car covers and does it impact the strength of these covers?
Tyvek is really tough: washing it is not going to do any harm. However, the waterproofness (not sure that word does or should exist!) itself makes that difficult.

My Tyvek cover is over four years old. Whilst it would be very hard to rip intentionally, it has got a couple of holes in it, which I suspect come from the weeks it spent, post flood, discarded in a corner, where it was appreciated only by cats!
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 08:04   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Hello,
Could you please tell me whether the Animal protecting cover you bought, serve the purpose. I have the exact problem - cats and dogs tearing the car cover. They even climb the car to jump into neighbor's house. So, I just wanted to know your experience on this car cover.

Cheers
autospeaker, sorry for the delayed response.
The animal protecting cover serves the purpose quite well. Have been using it for little over a year now. No tears. The material is strong, but they make it tight fit. So you've got to be careful not to rip the stitching while putting the cover on.

Quote:
Was using Polco's Dupont Tyvek earlier, and it was getting ripped by a bunch of nasty cats.. Changed two covers in two years. I shifted to TPH just for this reason. TPH protects from animals and does pretty much everything that the Polco cover does. There are a couple of advantages in favor of the Polco cover though: It's much lighter, and it keeps the car a tad cooler than the TPH cover. Remove a Polco cover in the summer just before getting in, and you'll feel the difference. But for the car-crazy cats, I'd use the Polco dupont tyvek.

I faced problems with the wind, too. In windy conditions it just bloats up like a balloon and takes off! To counter this I pierced a couple of holes on each side in the front part of the cover and passed a cord under the engine bay. That prevented it from flying and falling off.

Quote:
Hi,

Regards.
The TPH cover can be washed with water (perhaps with a light/mild shampoo or detergent) and a nylon scrubber. NOT a stiff bristled brush/scrubber.
The Polco cover can get ripped while washing if you're not careful. And, I most certainly wouldn't recommend a scrubber for it. Just plain water and your hands.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by CowlFlap : 13th May 2016 at 08:09.
CowlFlap is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks