Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2007, 10:46   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled View Post
Zakaaaaasss how about some pics of the end result too + some before shots. So that we can make out the difference.
oops! did'nt click the BEFORE shot....anyways will click the AFTER shot and post. the difference in terms of speedo illumination is noticible...

also yesterday evening I have put those blue rubber caps on the parking bulbs in the headlight cluster....looks nice now
Old 2nd May 2007, 22:47   #32

i already have a white backlight in my lancer....but its made for the type1 lancer cluster....i'm using a 2005 lancer type3....so my odometer is hiden due 2 the difference in design......cn u guys tell me any1 who has type 3 lancer backlights?
Old 3rd May 2007, 16:51   #33
Senior - BHPian

Here is the lit & unlit instrument cluster. Please excuse the photo quality.....Picasa Web Albums - Rakesh - Instrument Cl...

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 3rd May 2007 at 16:54.
Old 3rd May 2007, 17:01   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
yeah if any one can do this for the zen please tell me.

guys can it be done to zen also ..plzzzz did any one tryed it
Old 3rd May 2007, 17:53   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
If u have pics pls post them....!!

Any idea about zen....?
Yeah even i am keen to change it in the zen, White light would look awesome... but my dials are Green. any inputs on how it can be done.
Old 3rd May 2007, 23:18   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Here is the lit & unlit instrument cluster. Please excuse the photo quality.....Picasa Web Albums - Rakesh - Instrument Cl...
looks pretty cool. i'm thinking of doing mine with a red backlight. how'd u do it? changed the LEDs?
i cannot make out from the pic - did the backlight colour of the digital tripmeter change as well?
also, did u change the backlights for the a/c & other controls in the central console? i think having partial red/white, and partial green backlighting would look a little out of place...

OT: regd the shortened gearshift... did u chop a bit off the OE shaft or did u install a short shifter kit?

and how much for the lighting & the gear?
thx

Last edited by razor4077 : 3rd May 2007 at 23:21.
Old 4th May 2007, 00:26   #37
BANNED

no one tryed it on zen??????????
Old 4th May 2007, 18:24   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
looks pretty cool. i'm thinking of doing mine with a red backlight. how'd u do it? changed the LEDs?
i cannot make out from the pic - did the backlight colour of the digital tripmeter change as well?
also, did u change the backlights for the a/c & other controls in the central console? i think having partial red/white, and partial green backlighting would look a little out of place...

OT: regd the shortened gearshift... did u chop a bit off the OE shaft or did u install a short shifter kit?

and how much for the lighting & the gear?
thx
# The LED's were changed to white so the effect is white - have not changed the dial cards or anything. Tripmeter untouched - it is just the white LED. The light in the A/C controls & all have not been changed due to paucity of time, this stuff takes a good 2-3 days as the cluster is opened - taken to Karol Bagh then got back & re-fixed. It's the electrician who got it done so I do not really have 1st hand details of the inside story. # O.T. Yes the Gear Shift has been "chopped off" no short shifter.

Cheers
Old 4th May 2007, 22:14   #39
BANNED

guys can we atleast change the instrument cluster of the old zen .....
Old 5th May 2007, 01:16   #40
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to do it to my alto in a few days so is their anything to watch out any pointers and what will be the cost involved
Old 10th May 2007, 23:39   #41
BANNED

Lancer

HI
What type of led's was used for the upgrade.You know the type of LED.And how many LED's are needed for Lancer Instrument cluster?
My car is now in for service and would like to change it.
Dilip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
# The LED's were changed to white so the effect is white - have not changed the dial cards or anything. Tripmeter untouched - it is just the white LED. The light in the A/C controls & all have not been changed due to paucity of time, this stuff takes a good 2-3 days as the cluster is opened - taken to Karol Bagh then got back & re-fixed. It's the electrician who got it done so I do not really have 1st hand details of the inside story. # O.T. Yes the Gear Shift has been "chopped off" no short shifter.

Cheers
Old 15th March 2009, 22:54   #42
BHPian

I have a question???

In my XETA- The Meter Display is White, but the Needles are dark and not lit.

The Display in the New XETA is also the same with modification to the design and needles lit in red.

Is it possible to Swap the Needles, Will it involve damaging the Display - Will it affect post sale.

Any recomendations in Delhi where I can source OEM needles and replace them.

Most Viewed