Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2014, 23:22   #16
BHPian

Re: Racedynamics DieselTRONIC - 2010 Ford Figo 1.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by icyspikey View Post
Where are you from ? Do check their site for their list of authorised dealers !
I am at Keonjhar, Odisha now a days. Frequent to Kolkata & Bhubaneswar. Both places, they do not have their dealers.

Today evening, talked to RD. They informed that below 1500 rpm, there will be negligible improvement. The real increase in power & torque come after 2000 rpm only. Seems like may not be worth for a fluidic CRDI to have the box installed. After 2000 rpm, the power as such is very good & I do not need more there, especially considering the handling characteristics of the car. RD guy also told, no other tuning box, remap etc will improve the performance below 1500 rpm.
Old 10th June 2014, 07:56   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
I am at Keonjhar, Odisha now a days. Frequent to Kolkata & Bhubaneswar. Both places, they do not have their dealers.

Today evening, talked to RD. They informed that below 1500 rpm, there will be negligible improvement. The real increase in power & torque come after 2000 rpm only. Seems like may not be worth for a fluidic CRDI to have the box installed. After 2000 rpm, the power as such is very good & I do not need more there, especially considering the handling characteristics of the car. RD guy also told, no other tuning box, remap etc will improve the performance below 1500 rpm.
A remap will give you better power delivery between 1500 and 2000 RPM.
Old 15th June 2014, 06:00   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
This is precisely what I want, improvement in bottom end performance ie below 1500 rpm. I am very much satisfied with mid & top end performance of my car. Will P1 make a significant improvement, since I am averse to P2 for seemingly more clatter, more smoke & more pressure on the engine block. Did you get better FE from your boxed Figo?
You heard right about the clatter part in P2 mode at least in the new U2 1.4 crdi. Do not know about other engines. It does increase considerably but not to the level of loud. Just becomes pronounced while accelerating hard. P1 has no increase in clatter and increase in power is quite good though I am unable to ascertain the difference in power between P1 and P2. Seems marginal to me but maybe the increased clatter gives an illusion of more power. Also there is no more smoke than stock in all modes. FE is very good in E mode. I have managed 26kpl on highway with max speed limited to 110kph. P1 also gives almost the same as stock mileage but P2 reduces the mileage. This is with the dual channel box. I believe the feel would be same on the 1.6crdi too with this box.
Old 6th August 2014, 07:24   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
You heard right about the clatter part in P2 mode at least in the new U2 1.4 crdi. Do not know about other engines. It does increase considerably but not to the level of loud. Just becomes pronounced while accelerating hard. P1 has no increase in clatter and increase in power is quite good though I am unable to ascertain the difference in power between P1 and P2. Seems marginal to me but maybe the increased clatter gives an illusion of more power. Also there is no more smoke than stock in all modes. FE is very good in E mode. I have managed 26kpl on highway with max speed limited to 110kph. P1 also gives almost the same as stock mileage but P2 reduces the mileage. This is with the dual channel box. I believe the feel would be same on the 1.6crdi too with this box.
Can we change the modes while engine is live and running ? Like, I am driving, feels need of little more power, hits P2.. engine transforms into a power machine ? Or I have to switch off and then hit P2 ?
Old 6th August 2014, 08:58   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition View Post
Can we change the modes while engine is live and running ? Like, I am driving, feels need of little more power, hits P2.. engine transforms into a power machine ? Or I have to switch off and then hit P2 ?
The modes can be changed on the fly while the engine is running. But as per advice from RD it is not advisable to change modes while the engine is under load, ie, while accelerating. In i20 if I try to change the mode while accelerating the engine either stops responding and dies out or starts misfiring which a huge clatter ruckus. Then I have to restart the engine. But it works just fine if I lift my foot off the accelerator before pressing any button on the remote even while rolling in any gear or any speed. The difference in power is immediately apparent when I press the accelerator again.
alphahere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2014, 06:56   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahere View Post
Are you sure there is no increase in smoke during P2? That's great !

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition View Post
Yes you can switch on the fly . I haven't noticed any problems while switching modes with my foot on the accelerator too ! This is for the single channel box by the way !
icyspikey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 14:20   #22
BHPian

Hey ,I have a 2010 preowned Figo 1.4 D done 55K till now. I have been seriously contemplating of installing RD Dieseltronic. Is it possible to get a demo at their Bangalore office?
Old 28th July 2015, 11:50   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveear View Post
Hey ,I have a 2010 preowned Figo 1.4 D done 55K till now. I have been seriously contemplating of installing RD Dieseltronic. Is it possible to get a demo at their Bangalore office?
Yes it is possible to get a demo. They install the box on your car and let you drive. They are situated in Koramangala 1st block - go and give it a try.
Old 26th August 2015, 21:56   #24
BHPian

Ive done 30k on my odo with Figo 1.4. I've been planningto get a Diesel Box installed. I plan to drive in P1 but concerend that I'd be reducing the life of the engine. Plan to keep till 60,000 or so. That's another 4 years for me.

Any comments? Does this boost the turbo ?
Old 7th October 2015, 15:30   #25
BHPian

@icyspikey,
Thanks for the great review. My punto (Active, 2012) is just turning 4 (50K km) and will be soon out of warranty. I am looking into performance mods now. RD / Pete was on the top of my list. I am personally not too comfortable with remaps - changing the ECU codes is something I would be very skeptical about.

What performance mods have you made on your Punto?
Also, you said you mainly drove on P2 in your Figo. Any adverse effects on mileage or engine life?

I would be looking for 2 things primarily -
1. Low end torque - I HATE the 2nd gear - the 1st gear is too short and the 2nd gear literally deflates. Its only post 3rd gear that the magic of the punto comes through. Would a box (Pete / RD / RaceChip) help in this regard? Give a bit of extra push in 2nd gear (sub 30kmph/B2B traffic conditions?) Pune peak hour traffic is a pain.

2. Increased smoothness at high speeds - while the Punto is a pleasure to drive at 120-140 speeds, a bit more finesse at high speeds would be nice. I have been noticing higher noise levels at high speeds (though I suspect my tires could also be a culprit - 15" alloys + C drives are in my upgrade list - but thats a different conversation ) I regularly do Pune - Mum / Baroda runs and a quieter, smoother high speed experience on the NH8 would be excellent.

Thanks again!
Old 6th July 2016, 19:43   #26
BHPian

I tied the diesel box from race dynamics on my Figo diesel 201. While it really did give the car a new spirit, it didn't open up the engine as much. At low ends with the air conditioning on , I would get a slight jerk when the compressor when turn on . I moved away from the diesel box and decided to give the remapping option a shot. I went with Kiirus in mumbai ..the experiment worked out. The car feels so much nicer to drive with excellent low and mid range power even with the ac on and three people in the car. The Figo still lacks the top end.

My cars done 42000 so planing to get a erg cleaning done. Recently they'd did a scan and cleared a egr error code wipe. Maybe the cars saying something ...
Any guidance or experiences from this group
vankito is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks