Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2006, 15:16   #1
BHPian

Hidden Wonder

Hey Guys!!!
SSup.
This is the first time im writting in this forum.

I have Honda City 1.3 Type 2 and have been planning to get the Car Modified from a last few months now.

All this while i was in a wrong impression that in india only Exteriors are been done and i thought nobody has any knowledge bout Tuning up the engines.

Last nite i was searching for Turbo Chargers and i found a link to your site. i was reading the articles till around 3 am last nite.

Its amazing to see there are soooooooooo many guyz having the same passion as i have.

I was just planning to get the exteriors done now i think i should drop the idea of doing Exterior and instead keep the Car to look like Stock and pump up everything inside the HOOD. so that the anybody who messesup with my beauty can smell the SMOKE while i dissappear in front of him.

Can anybody help me out in this matter. i would really appreciate ur help.

1. How much will a TURBO cost me?
2. Who can do the fittings and how much do they charge?
3. What do you think is better TURBO or NOS?
4. How much do NOS costs?
5. Should i get my 1.3 tuned up or i should buy a VTEC instead?

Looking forward for your help.

Good work T-BHP,
Cheers !!!

Vicky
Old 11th June 2006, 15:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP dude.

start here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vbpicg...p?do=view&g=69

Last edited by jkdas : 11th June 2006 at 15:28.
Old 11th June 2006, 15:29   #3
BHPian

welcome to the forum honda. it isnt a wonder that you were hooked to the forum instantly as many have been in the past too.

as far as ur questions are concerned, use the search feature and you would find answers to many of them there itself.

but before you proceed to search, pls go thru the announcement section to get a hang of this wonderful forum and thus not ending up posting questions, answers for which already lie in here somewhere.

all the best for your future ventures with ur honda city.

Regards

Shubbhi
Old 11th June 2006, 16:31   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to TBHP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ H O N D A ~
I was just planning to get the exteriors done now i think i should drop the idea of doing Exterior and instead keep the Car to look like Stock and pump up everything inside the HOOD. so that the anybody who messesup with my beauty can smell the SMOKE while i dissappear in front of him.
You're getting the drift. Spoken like a true bhp-ian.
Old 11th June 2006, 18:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

Getting a turbo would be a better than as it will come handy for everyday driving. NOS can only be used while dragging, which u probably won't do everyday
Old 11th June 2006, 21:31   #6
BHPian

Mr Honda,
Welcome to the Club, Am sure ull enjoy ur stay here, the site, the people here are the best ones to ask if you need any help with your Honda.
I have exactly the same Honda 1.3 type2, you could take a look at my car for some info. If you'd like.

Rgds
M516
Old 11th June 2006, 22:24   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hello, and welcome aboard.

Nice car, I used to have one of those. First experience of a quick car, though carbed Esteems don't count as slouches!

A turbo is always more VFM, but then you need to spend more M to get the VF as well. Nitrous is always a cheap and quick trick, for short bursts it's VERY fast.

Keep the 1.3. You'll be unique, and you can hold your head high against the Esteems and 1.5s.
Old 12th June 2006, 09:40   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ H O N D A ~
1. How much will a TURBO cost me?
2. Who can do the fittings and how much do they charge?
3. What do you think is better TURBO or NOS?
4. How much do NOS costs?
5. Should i get my 1.3 tuned up or i should buy a VTEC instead?

3. I would prefer a turbo is its in effect all the time (past X rpm) as opposed to N2O which lasts only for X seconds.

5. Yes. Buy a VTEC or get an engine translplant depending on how much money or sweat and headache you want to put into this.

Its better to start with a fast car and make it faster, than start with a slow car and make it as fast as the fast car you could have bought in the first place. (unless ofcourse you are trying to prove some point).

cya
R
Old 12th June 2006, 11:04   #9
BHPian

Well Dude !!
My honest advise being a Honda City Owner..
If your pockets are really deep then...
I advice you insted buying a vtec... only change your engine to a 1600 CC / 170 bhp engine.. (Checkout "Ford Rocam's" car : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vbpicg...p?do=view&g=69)
Then if you really want fast fast fast... Install a Turbo Intercooler (approx 150K - the whole set with pipings / cam etc ...)
Then the last thing to go for is the NOS..
But remember this is only power..
Wen u have the speed.. Handelling is very important.. you will have to get racing clutch / racing suspension / digital speedometer etc. etc..
Well then thats wat we Call Mugen Power !!
Old 12th June 2006, 11:13   #10
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan

5. Yes. Buy a VTEC or get an engine translplant depending on how much money or sweat and headache you want to put into this.

Its better to start with a fast car and make it faster, than start with a slow car and make it as fast as the fast car you could have bought in the first place. (unless ofcourse you are trying to prove some point).

cya
R
Rehaan , the VTEC engines are very nimble .. TCing them could not only prove to be complicating but at the same time could work out way way expensive on ones pockets .. Better than the VTEC would be to get hold of the Non-Vtec 1.5 engine and TC it ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie
Well Dude !!
My honest advise being a Honda City Owner..
If your pockets are really deep then...
I advice you insted buying a vtec... only change your engine to a 1600 CC / 170 bhp engine.. (Checkout "Ford Rocam's" car : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vbpicg...p?do=view&g=69)
Then if you really want fast fast fast... Install a Turbo Intercooler (approx 150K - the whole set with pipings / cam etc ...)
But remember this is only power..
Wen u have the speed.. Handelling is very important.. you will have to get racing clutch / racing suspension / digital speedometer etc. etc..
Ollie , its not all about power all the time , 170 bhp stock engine + 100 bhp from turbo + 70 shot of NOS = 340 bhp approx ???? Whats more important than having power is to know if one can handle that kind of power and if its feasable for a daily driver ?? Ask jitu and he will tell u handling that 170 horses itself is a task ..
Old 12th June 2006, 11:25   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Handelling is very important.. you will have to get racing clutch / racing suspension / digital speedometer etc. etc..
Lol...why does someone need a 'digital speedo' or a 'racing clutch' to improve handling,bro?
Old 12th June 2006, 11:55   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Lol...why does someone need a 'digital speedo' or a 'racing clutch' to improve handling,bro?
Hey cumon maan !! everyone knows digital speedo and clutch are not for improving the handeling..
But after all the 170 bhp / turbo int / nas.. one would really need a digi speedo and a racing clutch !! Stock wont do !!
Old 12th June 2006, 12:03   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Hey cumon maan !! everyone knows digital speedo and clutch are not for improving the handeling..
But after all the 170 bhp / turbo int / nas.. one would really need a digi speedo and a racing clutch !! Stock wont do !!
Hi,

I can understand a Racing clutch which is also not compulsary for daily use, but why a digi speedo.

Viper
Old 12th June 2006, 12:54   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Works well when you have deep pockets, however the indian VTEC / 1.5 are good engines to work with.

Quote:
I am assuming you meant Turbo Intercooler = Turbo + Intercooler would work best with a 1.5 non vtec, and yes you could do with a milder cam

NOS only required when you are looking at high boost and that too to cool the air going in rather than for the power.

Quote:
Yes Handling is extremely critical for such a level of mods so please remember braking before any thing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
Ollie , its not all about power all the time , 170 bhp stock engine + 100 bhp from turbo + 70 shot of NOS = 340 bhp approx ???? Whats more important than having power is to know if one can handle that kind of power and if its feasable for a daily driver ?? Ask jitu and he will tell u handling that 170 horses itself is a task ..
Those numbers do not add up that way a typical 50 shot of nos would add about 20 -25 horses to the wheel the rest is lost out on the tranny.
Old 12th June 2006, 13:13   #15
BHPian

My speedo doesnt work even today i dont feel its necessary, as far as clutch is concerned the stock clutch which comes along with civic's haydraulic transmission will do fine for daily drive & weekend races, i had to change mine cause my stock clutch was worn out so i decided to change with higher grade only once. It all depends what kind of car you want , A 400 hp car which you wont be able to daily drive on street & cannot take to tbhp drive/meet but may be only once or twice in a year during speedrun that too for 11-12 sec, so i rather be 2 sec slower be reliable & drive the car whole year.
So you decide your prority & do things accordingly dont go for high Hp numbers they look cool on websites only but not practicle for daily drive.

There are & will be cars which will do 11-12 sec 1/4 mile time and be reliable & completely streetable with 93/97 oct pump gas but those are exceptions.

Last edited by Ford Rocam : 12th June 2006 at 13:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks