Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2006, 14:59   #31
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister
hey
thanx viper,that was quick.
the 40k+ u talkin about is for the regular permanent lowering or the electronic adjustable ones??
n where can i get them from if i kinda makeup my mind for that?
Hi,

that was for the manual ones. Will need to find out exact pricing though. PM me if interested.

Viper
Old 21st October 2006, 10:17   #32
Senior - BHPian

It was Jeetendra apun ka Jeetu who was called the Jumping Jack..:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider4385
is it a show-off feel-cool kinda thing, like the devanand (he was called jumping jack or something if im not wrong) style hydraulics nakedflame was talking about! :P

Godspeed.

Alok.
Old 21st October 2006, 10:44   #33
Senior - BHPian

Many years back a black 6 door 650 SEL merc from the stable of President's House was put up for auction. I too went for that because I had heard that the limo when started would rise slowly to its full height and when switched off would gradually lower down. That was very mystifying then.

I saw the vehice - a shining black beauty with those sexy vertically long headlamps crouching low on the ground. When the engine was fired, it slowly rose up to its full height extracting a wow from the audience. I wanted to possess that but didn't have moolah to match that. If I remember correctly, it probably went for 60L. I still have visions of that and dunno where that beauty is. Would like to own it up....
Old 26th October 2006, 21:08   #34
BHPian

this is one great topic! have always been thinking of this stuff but never came across the right word for it "lowriders". www.prohopper.com has lots of kits, both hydraulic and airbag kits. Buying these kits is no issue, u can buy it off their site, and get it to ur home after a lil duty levied to them. The main problem is finding a good technician to fit this thing. If i find that , i m getting the hydraulics for the front! wanna hop the front off!
Old 26th October 2006, 21:43   #35
BHPian

which one you planning to import and how much is this costing may be we can save ordering two....
Cheers
Wadhwa Ajay
Old 20th January 2007, 16:35   #36
BHPian

hey what happened isn't anyone on the forum who has tried the suspension airbag drop kit or the hydraulics...?
Old 21st January 2007, 12:07   #37
BHPian

My friend who is studying in PEC, chandigarh tells me there is a safari in chandigarh with hydraulics fitted in it. but am not sure if this info is authentic as he himself was told about this by one of his friends
I've told him to get pics of the car in action, will surely post them if he gets any
Old 21st January 2007, 14:57   #38
BANNED

i have seen a black ford ikon here in delhi with these hydraulics....it seemed like it had those things fitted at the rear shocks only..coz i`ve seen it twice n both the times only the rear of the car was jumping. ...

ps: looks quite an immature act of making a car jump for no reasons..just a personal opinion!!
Old 7th August 2008, 12:41   #39
BHPian

yes giving life to a very old thread,
but am seriously interested in getting thsi done on my one day old baby civic,, yeahh
I think arush will be right person for this job, anybody tried this kit so far?
Cheers
W. Ajay
Old 7th August 2008, 14:24   #40
BANNED

Hi,

Air Suspension kits are now available for most Asian/European cars. See this link for what the product looks like, the different models and the videos of how the product works.

If you click on the individual products the list of compatible cars is given below.

http://www.d2racingsport.com

Viper
Old 7th August 2008, 15:37   #41
Senior - BHPian

will the suspension work like normal if we install this kit on any indian car???as there are bad roads and pot holes here :(
Old 7th August 2008, 15:49   #42
BHPian

good question indeed !
Old 8th August 2008, 09:49   #43
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
will the suspension work like normal if we install this kit on any indian car???as there are bad roads and pot holes here :(
Hi,

I don't see any reason why it should not. Why dont you order one for your civic and then we can all know for sure.

Viper
Old 12th August 2008, 14:41   #44

hi guys. i have installed this hydraulic setup in my self modified M&M540 jeep. working fine and its a great fun. i guess i m the first one in india who made and install this kind of setup. hope u ll like
Attached Thumbnails
Hydraulics in India?-6.jpg  

Hydraulics in India?-7.jpg  

Hydraulics in India?-8.jpg  

Old 12th August 2008, 17:11   #45
BHPian

Hi Harpal
Could ypu let me know if its possible to have this kind of a set up for OHC too & if yes wht would the approx pricing be & how good would the suspension be ???
Rgds

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks