Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2015, 16:48   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Hyundai Tucson: Hand-operated Clutch installed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
Can this be done on any MT car?
Yes.

Also, after I got mine, I found out another alternative: http://automateindia.in/automotiveclutchessystem.htm

This one seems electrical. Incidentally, I saw one car with automate clutch in my building this weekend, I will see if I can take a test drive just to understand how they have done it and how good it is.
Old 25th March 2015, 10:22   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Yes.

Also, after I got mine, I found out another alternative: http://automateindia.in/automotiveclutchessystem.htm

This one seems electrical. Incidentally, I saw one car with automate clutch in my building this weekend, I will see if I can take a test drive just to understand how they have done it and how good it is.
Pls. do give us the feedback on the automate clutch. I may need to install one if I am not successful in my search for Grand Vitara-AT.
Old 25th March 2016, 19:46   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

It's been 2 years and ~15000km since I got this mechanism installed. Working great. It's huge boon in bumper to bumper traffic. To nit pick, I just wished if it could be a little faster - especially the clutch release (I am spoiled by the DSG on the Polo ) but Tucson's gear ratios aren't the most optimal anyway (the huge gap between 2nd and 3rd is a spoil sport) so I am not complaining. And whenever I am in a hurry, I can always press the clutch normally.

One thing I have mastered in last 2 years is - half clutching with this mechanism. I press the button, extend my left foot to half the pedal travel point or so, whenever the pedal starts returning and touches my foot, I press the button again. I can do this smoothly now and for as long as I need. I have been climbing the Lonavla ghat section in the thick night traffic where trucks block all 3 lanes trying to overtake each other in slow motion and I have crawl behind them on the incline, half-clutching with the button, no strain on my foot and no roll back at all. Practice makes a man perfect!

Cheers!
anandpadhye is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks