Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2008, 19:44   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
You also get imitation calliper covers made of plastic.
This is what I am talking about.

Boss are these universal? In the sense do all our gaadi's have 4 point calipers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
well i paid 300 bucks to get this done ..

alloys front (1) on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Thats bloody hot!! Do you remember what color code you used?
Old 30th January 2008, 19:28   #77
BHPian

Slightly OT.
Any place in Delhi/NCR, where this can be done or can it be DIY. Buy a 100 ml Dupont and paint them yourself?
Old 31st January 2008, 12:50   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
Hey! That's a great idea.
Now, please explain what type of sticker? Is it available in India?
Go to Number Plate maker and get some Radium (they call it) and fix it. It needs no time to get settled. It is long life and won't come out easily.
Old 31st January 2008, 22:52   #79
BHPian

Got my calipers and drums painted metallic black with a spray paint can a few months back. Colour has not yet come off and the finish is pretty good.
Old 1st February 2008, 13:31   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Got my calipers and drums painted metallic black with a spray paint can a few months back. Colour has not yet come off and the finish is pretty good.
Hi Rohan,
Can you give more details about it. How did you do it, where did you buy it and how much did you pay for it?
Old 2nd February 2008, 01:17   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
Hi Rohan,
Can you give more details about it. How did you do it, where did you buy it and how much did you pay for it?
Bought the can for rs 250. Bosny spray paint. Got the calipers and drums off the wheel sprayed and let them dry through the afternoon before fixing them back.
Old 2nd February 2008, 18:14   #82
BHPian

my brake caliper covers

Guys,
I got my caliper covers... I took the smaller one and not the bigger size. But iam uanble to put it on my Lancer's calipers. I read on a site that the size for the front and the rear are different. Does that mean that I got the ones that are meant for the rear and hence not fitting? Here is the picture of the cover that I have.

My brake caliper cover image:

[img=http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/3576/img2321dw7.th.jpg]

Read this too...
New Brembo Set

Last edited by harmon_bro : 2nd February 2008 at 18:16.
Old 2nd February 2008, 22:25   #83
BANNED

i think its powder coated...so that it wont peel off easily due to high temp and scratch resistant...correct me if am wrong
Old 21st April 2008, 16:18   #84
Senior - BHPian

Folks need suggestions now. I had painted my brake calipers and the drums black earlier.
Time to change to something nice. What would you all suggest ?

Take a look at my gallery and suggest some nice color which blends well with my cars color and the alloys . Also any idea where in bangy can I get Dupont paint?
Old 8th May 2008, 00:14   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Folks need suggestions now. I had painted my brake calipers and the drums black earlier.
Time to change to something nice. What would you all suggest ?

Take a look at my gallery and suggest some nice color which blends well with my cars color and the alloys . Also any idea where in bangy can I get Dupont paint?
Hey rj,

I guess Red will go with the color of your car and GTR. But you know that red is kind of common. You could think of yellow too. But red is my favorite. Got myself red caliper paint from eBay: Neue und gebrauchte Elektronikartikel, Autos, Kleidung, Sammlerstücke, Sportartikel und mehr ? alles zu günstigen Preisen for my GTR

Dont paint your drums. You could paint it silver of black, but not flash colors. Again a personal choice.

Nirmal
Old 19th May 2008, 20:45   #86
BHPian

Interesting topic!!! What do you suggest the colour for my Silver Ford Ikon?
Old 3rd October 2014, 02:38   #87
BHPian

Re: Painting brake callipers! Is it bad?

I had a reverse question. If the front calipers and the rear wheels are painted. How does one go back to absolutely stock?

Remove paint?

How?

Or paint black?
Old 21st October 2015, 13:12   #88
BHPian

Hello guys, I have just painted my alloys black and was thinking about coloring the front calipers and rear drums. One of the painters is ready to do it for Rs 3200. Now I came to know about Brembo caliper covers and am thinking about getting one of those in 1500. But I am not sure whether they will fit on my car or not. I have heard that you need to have at least 16" alloys to fit them. But mine has only 15". Guys, I am really confused. Please help.
Old 21st October 2015, 13:21   #89
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsi View Post
Hello guys, I have just painted my alloys black and was thinking about coloring the front calipers and rear drums. One of the painters is ready to do it for Rs 3200. Now I came to know about Brembo caliper covers and am thinking about getting one of those in 1500.
Hello,

Please go through this thread and all posts in it. Decide after you are satisfied.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...er-covers.html
Old 24th October 2015, 16:35   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsi View Post
Hello guys, I have just painted my alloys black and was thinking about coloring the front calipers and rear drums. One of the painters is ready to do it for Rs 3200. Now I came to know about Brembo caliper covers and am thinking about getting one of those in 1500. But I am not sure whether they will fit on my car or not. I have heard that you need to have at least 16" alloys to fit them. But mine has only 15". Guys, I am really confused. Please help.
I have been using red caliper covers for over 1 year now , there has been no problem at all. More importantly they are so easy to clean unlike painted calipers. Also its colour and shine are also the same.I think it would be a little more challenging to fit them in 15 inch wheels, but yes it is possible. For a deeper understanding - visit my installation thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...er-covers.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks