Team-BHP - Supercharger upgrade for Palio
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Supercharger upgrade for Palio (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/15275-supercharger-upgrade-palio-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rishabh
i think that the palio 1.2 engine cant hold that much of power as it very weak.....i just think i didnt say it is not possible..
cheers~~~
rishabh

There are Palio's avaialbe in some europian contries comes with company fitted Supercharger. I think UK and Australian version Palio 1.2 are available with Superchanger.

There is some glimmer of hope though. viper has a product which is something like Pete's remap for Diesels. You can PM him on that. He has it for all Indian cars and it works on Palio 1.2 too. You can expect atleast around 10% more power from that product according to viper. I am waiting because I do not have any budget for that now. Maybe you can check with him.

hi maruthi, well, dunno about the supercharger, but can throw some light no the TC. if you really want to pull out some optimum stuff on the TC, you must change a few things, including adding an Intercooler. Just thworing in a supercharger will and might not get you optimum performance. you have some smaller units that using physics compress the air a bit and push it in, search for something called spiralmax. Dont know how it will work for non Carb engines. Anywyas completely doing up the car will be about 1.75 -2L, and then a second GTX will be about 2L, so whatver the expense, it will be in the range of 2L. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar
There are Palio's avaialbe in some europian contries comes with company fitted Supercharger. I think UK and Australian version Palio 1.2 are available with Superchanger.

Palio does not sell in UK and Australia. FIAT does not even have a presence in Australia. I dont think FIAT ever produced a supercharged FIRE engine (Palio engine). If it did.. my job was very easy - somehow get hold of that spare and I am done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maruthi
Palio does not sell in UK and Australia. FIAT does not even have a presence in Australia. I dont think FIAT ever produced a supercharged FIRE engine (Palio engine). If it did.. my job was very easy - somehow get hold of that spare and I am done.

Palio certainly does not sell in UK and Australia. But the 1242cc 8v FIRE engine is fitted in various other models in these countries like the old Punto, Sciento, etc. So, you need to look at people who have modded this engine there. Surely someone would have TC'd or SC'd this engine.

everyones out there talking about supercharger installs has anybody realised the word ecm....dont you think theres a lot more problems than just bolting on a supercharger? or do we just presume that the palio ecm will just remap itself..well hmm that'll be kinda nice actually

Hey dude !
Dont feel much regreted of not buying the 1.6 only if u give it a thought of an engine transplant, sell off ur 1.2 engine and fit an 1.6 engine in it.. end of the day u've got a 1.6... but again i am not very very sure of how much its gonna cost you.. a friend of mine had a palio 1.2 and wanted to upgrade to the 1.6.. he said the exp would be close to 30k.. but he finally ended up selling the car ... !! Maybe the experts would know much better on the cost and if its really worth it for upgrading an 1.2 to a 1.6.. Well this is just an idea or an option, u can give it a thot !!
Cheers !!

Hi Guys

Is it possible to remap ECU of a 1.6 ???

yes..its possible to remap the ECU of a 1.6

Quote:

Originally Posted by ego4evr
Hi Guys

Is it possible to remap ECU of a 1.6 ???

If I understand correctly, does your question mean this:

"Can we remap the ECU of stock 1.2 (Old Vehicle/NV) with that of the present 1.6?"

If yes, it will be a good attempt I guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ollie
Hey dude !
Dont feel much regreted of not buying the 1.6 only if u give it a thought of an engine transplant, sell off ur 1.2 engine and fit an 1.6 engine in it.. end of the day u've got a 1.6... but again i am not very very sure of how much its gonna cost you.. a friend of mine had a palio 1.2 and wanted to upgrade to the 1.6.. he said the exp would be close to 30k.. but he finally ended up selling the car ... !! Maybe the experts would know much better on the cost and if its really worth it for upgrading an 1.2 to a 1.6.. Well this is just an idea or an option, u can give it a thot !!
Cheers !!

Hi,

On paper it looks very straight forward and simple but has anyone considered the hidden costs involved in a transplant. There are lots of expenses involved in the following parts not in the correct order but required to work perfectly.

1> Engine + Gear box+ ECM(old gearbox may work)
2> New exhaust manifold
3> New fuel pump(maybe have to check if they are the same pressure)
4> Overhaul of 2nd hand engine(doubt if the one sold at chor bazaar etc will be in good shape)
5> Wiring harness(maybe able to retain old if sockets,sensors are same)
5> labour

IMO the expense involved would be much higher than 30k as the engine+ECM alone would set him back by 50k+. His old engine no matter how good a condition it is in will not fetch him more than 10k.

Please take all of the above into consideration before going in for an engine swap of any nature.

Viper

Hi Frnds

My friend has siena 1.6 he wants to remap his ECU could you guys please let me know where can it be done in Bangalore.

Thanks .

Abishek. PUG/FCI

If you wanted a 1.6, then you're just not going to be happy until you get a 1.6

Best thing to do is try and get a good exchange for your car and get the Palio 1.6. It'll be a lot more fun to mod too.

Heh. Hope I didn't just make things tougher...

Thanks for all the responses. Gave me a lot of options.

I guess I will not take the risk of an Engine change. Finding a good 1.6 engine will be a big challenge. I am also worried that the cost will escalate and will leave me with nigling problems. First up, I am not so daring to attempt it on my only car :-)

SCs and TCs seem to be expensive and non-available locally. So I will settle for some performace upgrades like tri-phase, exhaust mods, etc! Even a 10Bhp increase should keep me happy for a while :-)

cheers
Maruthi

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper
Hi,

On paper it looks very straight forward and simple but has anyone considered the hidden costs involved in a transplant. There are lots of expenses involved in the following parts not in the correct order but required to work perfectly.

1> Engine + Gear box+ ECM(old gearbox may work)
2> New exhaust manifold
3> New fuel pump(maybe have to check if they are the same pressure)
4> Overhaul of 2nd hand engine(doubt if the one sold at chor bazaar etc will be in good shape)
5> Wiring harness(maybe able to retain old if sockets,sensors are same)
5> labour

IMO the expense involved would be much higher than 30k as the engine+ECM alone would set him back by 50k+. His old engine no matter how good a condition it is in will not fetch him more than 10k.

Please take all of the above into consideration before going in for an engine swap of any nature.

Viper

Hey there,

Thanks for your feedback on my opinion too.. well it also cleard some of my doubts on the engine transplant !!

Maybe maruthi should just go in and buy the 1.6 and then consider future engine mods.. I belive the 1.6 is pretty quick !!

Cheers !! ;)