Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2015, 13:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Swift Diesel: Code6 Remap with Decat downpipe

Flashback:
Installed the manual boost controller at home, i didn't wait to take the turbo out so i cut the boost line and put this in-line (not inline type though, but the clickable dial type) with no additional plumbing, not exactly what i wanted but will do for the time being as resources were limited. Access to the line is limited/tight in the Swift due to the placement of the turbo and not enough space to work from above, will need to change the lines to longer ones and re position the mbc.

Swift Diesel: Code6 Remap with Decat downpipe-20141217_102041.jpg

The Swift D throws a MIL when boost exceeds 21.7PSI (as per shop manual). So after trial and error had set the controller just under that limit. Retuning had not been done at this point and some immediate driving impressions are: 1) less smoke under acceleration, 2) minimised turbo lag, 3) better throttle response, 4) linear acceleration a prominent whoosh at 2kRPM seem to have mellowed out.

At present:
Thanks to Sajan/Code6 for the retune post the boost controller install! The remap has lifted the boost threshold to 29PSI and the mbc is set just under this limit. No boost gauge as of now (probably will not fit one either as i don't like additional wiring/plumbing and im brave )
With more air we can now burn more fuel and map has been further improved to take advantage of more boost. The tune the car is running is mostly smoke free and doesn't smoke more than what a stock car would do under similar situations. (PS: This tune if loaded into a stock car with no increase in air supply would smoke a LOT).

The car now moves like there is something else under the hood. The car was fast before, now its faster. Its fun when overtaking other vehicles on two lane blacktop as the car slingshots past the other vehicle. The car surprised a few fellow road users who didn't expect this sort of acceleration from a swift d and the fast closing gap. Best thing was the MID Avg FE was reading 17.4 in spite of all the test runs done.

Last edited by Sankar : 7th January 2015 at 13:40.
Old 8th February 2015, 20:41   #32
Senior - BHPian

Someone didn't want their OEM 16" Ciaz alloys and i got lucky

Swift Diesel: Code6 Remap with Decat downpipe-20150208_101657.jpg

Swift Diesel: Code6 Remap with Decat downpipe-20150208_075229.jpg

These are Enkei and they look good; I wonder why anyone would want to exchange these?
Sankar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th February 2015, 07:07   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Someone didn't want their OEM 16" Ciaz alloys and i got lucky

These are Enkei and they look good; I wonder why anyone would want to exchange these?
One lucky man you are! Do need more details on the deal, tyres put-on brand etc along with pricing.

Seems to be on 205/50 R16. Am I right?

Also do post a few more pictures from different angles. Thanks!
Old 9th February 2015, 08:38   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Seems to be on 205/50 R16. Am I right?
Its on 195/55/16 Apollo Alnac 4G
More tyre choices are available in 205/50/16 compared to above, but i strictly didn't want to go above 195 section tyres.
Old 17th February 2015, 15:06   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Flashback:
Installed the manual boost controller at home, i didn't wait to take the turbo out so i cut the boost line and put this in-line (not inline type though, but the clickable dial type) with no additional plumbing, not exactly what i wanted but will do for the time being as resources were limited. Access to the line is limited/tight in the Swift due to the placement of the turbo and not enough space to work from above, will need to change the lines to longer ones and re position the mbc.
Finally did it this morning! Now it will be easier to adjust the MBC, no more burnt hands, and adjustments will be more precise too. Had to get under the car and a piece of granite helped with that part, how i wish i had a car lift at home

Swift Diesel: Code6 Remap with Decat downpipe-20150217_111741.jpg

Swift Diesel: Code6 Remap with Decat downpipe-20150217_111755.jpg

Last edited by Sankar : 17th February 2015 at 15:10.
Old 22nd July 2015, 17:10   #36
BHPian

i am looking to remap an Ertiga of a friend, what is your opinion on this, given that the ertiga is already at 88 bhp

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks