Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2006, 15:41   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mean looking! Nice car. Congratulations.

Shouldnt the intercooler have been aligned even more to the right, to minimise blocking the cooling fan? How is she to drive? Any reliability / tuning issues? Statistics?
Old 4th August 2006, 16:48   #17
BHPian

nice car neo......... must me a killer 2 drive. Ur car looks neat , nice work done by the installer.
Old 4th August 2006, 17:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Wow!!! That looks like a killer setup,neo........whats the power figures like now??? Time for some internal engine mods.....then itll be a true killer car....
Old 4th August 2006, 20:27   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
I must admit thats one super sweet ride u got there neo .. I assume the car must be putting out anywhere between 110-120 bhp ?? Upgrading to better injectors will allow u to go to 8psi with the stock internals along with a Stand alone .. Btw , has any work been done on the head ?? Or is it stock ?? What sort of compression are u running ?? Whats the range of plugs ur using right now ?? What cam are u using right now ?? Am assuming its the stock ?? At what rpms does the TC kick in ?? Pardon me for the number of questions .. Eager to know as im planning just about the same barring the finances fall into place soon ..
At 2500 it starts to make noise and at @3000 RPm its spools like a rocket
all parts are stock except oil ,coolent and irridium spark plugs
I m going to improve her with Emanage Ultimate from USA..then gonna try for Piston setup and subaru injectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
Wow!!! That looks like a killer setup,neo........whats the power figures like now??? Time for some internal engine mods.....then itll be a true killer car....
Power she developes is like 135 to 140Hps arround at 4 psi ....at 8 psi i m assuming to develope 165Hps arround (as per turbocalc software)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Mean looking! Nice car. Congratulations.

Shouldnt the intercooler have been aligned even more to the right, to minimise blocking the cooling fan? How is she to drive? Any reliability / tuning issues? Statistics?
Well intercooler has significant size so i cant manage it to palce at more left or even right because even after modifaying front bumper its in touch
well i m running at 4 psi now .....and have custom made oil feed line so its not reliable with oil line

Last edited by neo_trace : 4th August 2006 at 20:36.
Old 4th August 2006, 20:46   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways
Nice ride Neo - congrats.

From the first few pics i noticed you have gauges installed on the "A" Pillar. Can you tell me what gauges - as in not the make but the function you have.
well i have gauges ..
oil Temp. in 'c
oil pressure
Air fuel ratio
turbo boost in BAR
fuel press in psi

well i know @EGT gauge i have one sensor at after turbo exhaust pipe near oil chamber ...hope i m right @ EGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways
Nice ride Neo - congrats.

PS. - Also noticed that you have a narrow band AFR gauge. Sincerely recomend that you get a wide band AFR. Dynojet makes very good ones and it costs about USD 600.00 for the entrie pakage. You are welcome to PM me for any questions you might have. the subject is quite lengthy and detailed and it best to mail me.
Oh i dont know @ Wide band AFR ..what is that?
can u me give me details in mail so i can go forward
Old 4th August 2006, 20:48   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car crazy kid
whats the top speed of that monster? whats the max youve taken her to?
I Drove her 210Kmph at baroda -ahmedabad express way for only @15 to 20 seconds (although check engine light was flashing all tha time and injectors was creating problem giving car no fuel for fraction of seconds and car was taking JATKAS at full press of accl. pedal)

hope EMANAGE ULTIMATE & subaru injectors will solve tha problems
Old 4th August 2006, 21:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Nice setup Neo...all credits to you and N1 racing! Seems like Surat is creating some ripples here. Your tuner has worked it out pretty good Neo, just be sure of your injectors and management soon as it might create trouble for you if not done on time. Yours is the first turbo baleno that I have seen, hope this encourages loads of others here. Looks like baleno is pretty condusive for TC'ing...loads of room and clearance.Hope to see you at the drags...if you may.

p.s: wideband AFR is a must for you.

Last edited by The Wolf : 4th August 2006 at 21:36.
Old 4th August 2006, 21:20   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_trace
well i know @EGT gauge i have one sensor at after turbo exhaust pipe near oil chamber ...hope i m right @ EGT
That sensor in the exhaust manifold is the Oxygen Sensor(O2 Sensor)
Another question, why would you require a Greddy Emanage and Subaru injectors to throw in more fuel. As per the stock injectors you can throw in more fuel with the greddy as the duty cycle of stock injectors is not at 100%. If you get Subaru injectors they will throw in more fuel no matter what revs you drive at. Atleast with the Greddy on the stock injectors you can have control over it per 1000 rpm. Also for such a setup you do not need so much fuel coming in so you rather go with either not both.
Another thing, how did you get the figure of 135 hp and 165 hp?? I mean with stock internals you got (135-94 hp) 41 bhp?? The Lancer Evolution 6 or 7 for that matter with a 2 litre engine you can roughly say that for every increase in boost you could calculate that much, not 10 hp for each increment in boost on a stock baleno 1.6 litre engine. If you really are getting 135 hp( I presume you have tested on a dyno, if there is one) then thats fantastic..

Good luck for future upgrades.
Old 4th August 2006, 21:34   #24
BHPian

Good Job Mate i just hope you sort out tuning issues soon & raise your boost level safely till your engine internals can hold up & as rightly said by Sideways you definately need an wideband AFR infact you should have installed it before, meantime check the conditions of sparkplugs & see if theres any signs of detonation your tuner should know about it.
Old 4th August 2006, 21:55   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Nice setup Neo...all credits to you and N1 racing!
p.s: wideband AFR is a must for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam
Good Job Mate i just hope you sort out tuning issues soon & raise your boost level safely till your engine internals can hold up & as rightly said by Sideways you definately need an wideband AFR infact you should have installed it before, meantime check the conditions of sparkplugs & see if theres any signs of detonation your tuner should know about it.
hi u told me @ wideband AFR what is that?

If i m not mistaking wideband lambda (air fuel ratio) sensing units with emullators for fuel injectors are comming with computerized ZAVOLI or LOVATO LPG kit

because i heard that word from my friend who is fitting computeraized LPg kits successfully to accords ,petrol innovas,skodas and other petrol cars
he told me that is one type of computer chip with pins and wire sockets and costs 10000Rs

M I MISTAKING ??????????????????????????????????????
(Please correct me if i m wrong)

can anyone see this for me
http://www.autogas.lv/ecatalog2-1.html for lamba oxygen sensor
http://www.autogas.lv/ecatalog2-3.html
http://www.lpg-kits.com/testers.htm

Last edited by neo_trace : 4th August 2006 at 22:09.
Old 4th August 2006, 22:03   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by z klasse
That sensor in the exhaust manifold is the Oxygen Sensor(O2 Sensor)
Another question, why would you require a Greddy Emanage and Subaru injectors to throw in more fuel. As per the stock injectors you can throw in more fuel with the greddy as the duty cycle of stock injectors is not at 100%. If you get Subaru injectors they will throw in more fuel no matter what revs you drive at. Atleast with the Greddy on the stock injectors you can have control over it per 1000 rpm. Also for such a setup you do not need so much fuel coming in so you rather go with either not both.
Another thing, how did you get the figure of 135 hp and 165 hp?? I mean with stock internals you got (135-94 hp) 41 bhp?? The Lancer Evolution 6 or 7 for that matter with a 2 litre engine you can roughly say that for every increase in boost you could calculate that much, not 10 hp for each increment in boost on a stock baleno 1.6 litre engine. If you really are getting 135 hp( I presume you have tested on a dyno, if there is one) then thats fantastic..

Good luck for future upgrades.
I have roughly came to conclusion with 130 - 135 hps with Sofware Name "TURBOCALC" ( in which by putting Cubic Capacity of baleno (i.e 1600cc) , max RPM value (i.e.6500) and Boost number in PSi (i.e. 4 psi and 8 psi)with one intercooler and T3 turbo ...i got these results 145 hps at 4 psi and 165 hps at 8psi...well...didnt mention in software @ hps on stock or perfor. internals)

Last edited by neo_trace : 4th August 2006 at 22:13.
Old 4th August 2006, 22:29   #27
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_trace
Power she developes is like 135 to 140Hps arround at 4 psi ....at 8 psi i m assuming to develope 165Hps arround (as per turbocalc software)
Neo , as much as i appreciate the work done on ur car , i dont quite think that the car is putting out anywhere close to 135-140 horses .. For a boost of 1bar or 14 psi the power output doubles , so for about 4 psi boost all ur making is about roughly 27 bhp .. Thats how i got to the figure of around 120 bhp .. If u run 8psi then u would be putting out 147 bhp and 188 bhp if u run it a 14psi .. Correct me if im wrong ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wolf
Yours is the first turbo baleno that I have seen, hope this encourages loads of others here.
Well , its already been done .. One of the rally boys have a TCed baleno done up by Leela himself .. Running 8psi with stock internals and supposedly is super quick .. Our very own bangalore bhpian (will wait till he puts up his name here himself ) has driven the car and was quite amused with the way she pulls .. From what im told Leela himself is quite satisfied with the baleno project more than the much debated TCed VTEC that came for speedrun .. Dont want to spark of suzi vs honda debate here , but just giving a comparison about the tuners satisfaction levels .. If the VTEC itself was the limelight of the drags (was supposed to be atleast) then one can imagine that this baleno will surely be a rocket by all means too .. In due time this baleno will be a source of inspiration to not only me , but people such as neo , memo45 and loads of other people too who plan to go TC ...

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 4th August 2006 at 22:36.
Old 5th August 2006, 00:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

Wow, lets see what Leela has got to show this time...His Honda was a complete disappointment, hopefully his baleno project clicks. Infact I want him to get this one right as that will spurr up Blore tuners and the compitetion will be great to watch...His baleno will be going head to head with a turbo 1.5exi from Raj's stable...along with a couple of potential others.

p.s: Mclaren, dude I had mentioned "Yours is the first turbo baleno that I have seen"...Ive heard that there are other Turbocharged bal's.

Last edited by The Wolf : 5th August 2006 at 00:20.
Old 5th August 2006, 02:47   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car crazy kid
that car looks good. but i dont like the spoiler. whats the power like?
The car is great but the spoiler is quite sad...totaly rice gone bad..

anyhow 18000 INR is farely cheap, a turbo setup here costs some where between 7000USD parts and 10000 USD with labor and few other mods..but then again it depends on the car but I still havent seen one for 350 usd
Old 5th August 2006, 13:54   #30
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
anyhow 18000 INR is farely cheap, a turbo setup here costs some where between 7000USD parts and 10000 USD with labor and few other mods..but then again it depends on the car but I still havent seen one for 350 usd
unless u assumed his turbo setup to have costed 18k ??? Thats just the cost of the intercooler .. I guess neo has spent close to 2800 USD on this project .. I guess if u add a few things that he has left out one will end up with 3800 USD+ bill ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wolf
p.s: Mclaren, dude I had mentioned "Yours is the first turbo baleno that I have seen"...Ive heard that there are other Turbocharged bal's.
Yes , infact this is the first baleno TCed that i have come across too .. What i meant was that the initiative has already been taken as u pointed out ..

That said it will surely be interesting to see Leela's VTEC and the baleno go up against the super quick zens and Raj's NOSed VTEC ..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks