Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2006, 20:19   #1
BHPian

Esteem side view mirror cost?

I need to get a new right side mirror for my Esteem, and both left and right ones for the Zen. I don't need inside-adjustable ones for the Zen, but I'd like one for the Esteem. Just got back from the local accessories shop with these prices:

Esteem:
Lumax/Brightex ("original") - Rs. 1050 (adjustable from inside)
"Afro"/"Kyoto" brand - Rs. 600 (adjustable from inside)
Zen:
Adjustable from inside - Rs. 575 (nalla branda)
Non-adjustable from inside - Rs. 400 (nalla branda)

Any comments? Better prices in Mumbai? Shop names?

- Aalaap
Old 9th August 2006, 22:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

Price being quoted is ok....

I got a CASIO brand LHS mirror (non adjustable from inside) for 350/- for my zen

KP
Old 9th August 2006, 22:36   #3
BHPian

I find the Esteem original Lumax OVRM's very flimsy. They last for maximum 1 year if used with a lot of care. In my 1997 model Esteem which i have sold now, i had a lot of trouble with breakages, fialure in the mechanism that opens the rear view mirror etc. The problem is that you must have noticed that when you keep the Esteem OVRM's in closed position the back side of the Ovrm is always open which accumulates a lot of water during a wash and gets soiled over a period of time and it begins to rust and lose its mobility when you open and close it. Since my Esteem was an Lx, i used to always change to Non-adjustable Ovrm's from original MGP Lumax which cost around 900 bucks each but they would go kaput with the same problem of rust in the mechansim.

I finally changed over to a brand named Enginetech which is only available in Mumbai through Choksi Motors in Milan Subway. They are made especially for the Esteem since OVRM's have been a problem in most Esteems and they have no exposed area whatsoever and they fit flush into the Esteem. I got a pair for around 1.8k around 3 years back and they were very strong and i was very impressed by them even till i sold my car late last year. I removed them before selling the car (since they still looked like new) and i put some Nullah ones in its place before selling i sold the car. I have kept it in case i need them for my New Esteem sometime in the future.

Their build quality is awesome and its much better quality than the Lumax ones. Just have a look at them compared to the original "Lumax" ones and you will know what exactly i am talking about.

Koito is no use man, They are only priced cheap, thats it! Lumax OVRM's are much better compared to the Koito ones. But IMHO, for the Esteem Enginetech is the best.

My friend has installed Enginetch Power OVRM's for his Santro Xing, yes its true, don't know if Power Mirrors are available for the Esteem though, but do chec out the Power ones for your Esteem if you visit them.

I just called up the Choksi Motors guy to inquire if he has internally adjustable OVRM's from Enginetch for you. And his reply was positive though he asked me to wait till tommorow for the prices.

I hope it helps buddy!

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 9th August 2006 at 22:45.
Old 10th August 2006, 02:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

The "nullah" mirrors SUCK.
I fitted them on the left side of my santro nd i find tht my vision with them is quite restricted. the mirror isnt a convex mirror and hence has a very limited range. I was wondering if the mirrors no the new Santro Xing can be fitted on the old Santro as its a pain to keep adjust the mirror every time a pedestrian brushes past ur car nd screws up the mirror setting.

The mirrors on the XING are internally adjustable right? Any idea how mcuh they would cost me?
Old 10th August 2006, 04:40   #5
BHPian

prince85, these are the times when I feel proud about spending time in posting questions on this site. I will take a look at Choksi Motors right away. Thanks a lot!

- Aalaap

P.S. if im not mistaken, I think I picked up my Pio DEH-8450MP from the same guy...
Old 10th August 2006, 14:39   #6
BHPian

I saw the nallah Afro brand and I didn't like the build quality so I told him that I'd prefer the original Lumax if available, but he tried to convince me that Lumax is no better in that. He said these mirrors break very easily, not because of the quality, but because of their size and placement and the shoulder-to-shoulder driving conditions in the city. Which is true - this is how my mirror broke in the first place.

So my question is.. are these Enginetech mirrors stronger and more resistant to stupid bikers trying to squeeze fast between two cars in a traffic jam? Because if they aren't, I'll go for a nalla non-adjustable 400-buck mirror and finish it off...

- Aalaap
Old 10th August 2006, 14:48   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalaap
So my question is.. are these Enginetech mirrors stronger and more resistant to stupid bikers trying to squeeze fast between two cars in a traffic jam? Because if they aren't, I'll go for a nalla non-adjustable 400-buck mirror and finish it off...

- Aalaap
Enginetech Mirrors are not only stronger than the Lumax ones but they are much stronger if i may put it that way. Aalaap, as i have said in my earlier post, just go and check them out at Choksi, you will know exactly how good they are in terms of strength, build quality and the overall fit and finish and all this even before you install them in your car. You will thank me for sure

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 10th August 2006 at 14:49.
Old 13th August 2007, 17:31   #8
BHPian

Engine tech ...... I heard they produce internally adjustable ORVM s for the M800. Does any one have any idea how much they cost and from where they can be bought in Trivandrum or Chennai?
Old 13th August 2007, 18:00   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalaap View Post
I'll go for a nalla non-adjustable 400-buck mirror and finish it off...

- Aalaap
i got those nalla non adjustable esteem mirrors for 150 bucks from kurla some months back..
Old 13th August 2007, 18:52   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
The mirrors on the XING are internally adjustable right? Any idea how mcuh they would cost me?

Hi,

Approx 950 for the genuine replacement stuff from Opera House. Had to change mine recently after someone broke it.

Viper
Old 13th August 2007, 18:56   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi,

Approx 950 for the genuine replacement stuff from Opera House.
Viper
950 for a pair or a single side???
Old 13th August 2007, 18:57   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalaap View Post
"Afro"/"Kyoto" brand - Rs. 600 (adjustable from inside)
Bought this in chennai few months back for the same price quoted above. Prices are reasonable enough considering a new OE mirror from Maruti costs INR 950/-

Deepak_ms, Prices are for one single mirror (internally adjustable).
Old 13th August 2007, 19:00   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_ms View Post
950 for a pair or a single side???
Hi,

Sorry I forgot to mention for a single side.

Viper
Old 14th August 2007, 02:20   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Bought this in chennai few months back for the same price quoted above. Prices are reasonable enough considering a new OE mirror from Maruti costs INR 950/-
And to think that i bought the same mirrors in bangalore for Rs.1,750 in 2003. Why didn't I get them in chennai & spend the rest of the money in bangalore KFs ?
Old 14th August 2007, 02:29   #15
Team-BHP Support

John it is also dependant on from where you buy them. If you buy OE fitment it always costs the moon. However the same stuff can be had from outside (of course not OE, and the finish will also be inferior but only if you look very closely) for half the price or even less. I was enquiring for Indica's left ORVM. The OE price was 800 plus taxes. The same I got fitted from outside for as little as 425 bucks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks