Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2015, 12:44   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 3M Car Care launches at-your-home service in India

My prayers have been answered ! Any idea when this service is going to start in Mumbai?

I am scheduled to send my car for PPF application tomorrow but I agree with some here that service such as film application would be better done in a controlled dust free environment. Most 3m centers now have an AC control room for such jobs.
However, for interior and exterior detailing services I would much rather use their at home service than a local vendor.
Old 27th November 2015, 10:16   #17
BHPian

Got my car (Indica Vista) a 3M treatment at home service yesterday. I called them on Monday and fixed an appointment for Thursday at 10:30 AM. They arrived at 11:45 AM and the job was done by 4:45 PM. I opted for an Advanced Paint Sealant programme, Interior Germi Cleaning and got the 3M Nomad foot mats for the front (they also did a free A/C vent disinfectant treatment).

I have never been to the 3M Service Station, so I wouldn't be able to compare between the two.

The vehicle comes equipped with a generator to run their vacuum cleaner and other polishing equipment. They also have a canopy that they park your car under and an LCD screen to show a demo of the treatments on offer. They seem to be environment friendly, in the sense they don't use running water during any stage of the process.

I've a 6 year old car with a lot of scratches and they were able to get most of the minor scratches removed. The car has got back its shine and looks a couple years younger now.

Things that I liked:
1: Convenient.
2: Same rate as they charge in the showroom.
3: Very professional and courteous staff.
4: The surroundings are cleaned after the job is complete.
5: The car is so much more clean (the interiors smell like oranges too) and minor scratches have vanished.

Things that I didn't like:
1: They brought old microfibers for all the wiping and polishing. I was expecting them to bring a fresh one for any new job.
2: The polish that they use on the exterior plastic parts doesn't retain its shine and looses it's sheen as soon as it dries.

The total package cost me Rs.12,057.00.

As I was speaking to the service advisor, he was saying that the response to their home service is lukewarm and they aren't getting the business that they expected. They have only one vehicle that services all of Bangalore and they get around 6-7 jobs a week. They don't see a price increase in the next 6 months at least and they would be charging the same rates as they do in their outlet. Once the business picks up and gathers steam, they would look at increasing their prices.

Their contact details are:

98452-73525 / 98459-08525

I didn't take any photographs worth uploading, so I haven't uploaded any.
Snehal Sekhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 10:47   #18
BHPian

This is such a great news. There were local people doing same job of at-your- home-service, previously. Now with 3M professionals, its going to be really amazing to watch your baby getting pampered sitting at home with a cup of coffee.
Hope the rates are not increased with time, and the quality is maintained. Another point i would like to mention here is, most of the people won't be having a covered parking, which is necessary in doing most of the exterior detailing jobs. Setting up the tent also wont be possible every where, atleast in mumbai

Keep revvin'

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks