Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2015, 20:19   #61
BANNED

Re: Review: My "Instrumentation" (Torque Pro/OBDII setup, TPMS etc.) and related accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM - B View Post
1. What is the difference between the Super Mini ELM327 vs ELM327
2. Will this fit and work with a LineaTJet
1. Both are same except for the size of the device.

Review: My "Instrumentation" (Torque Pro/OBDII setup, TPMS etc.) and related accessories-images-1horz.jpg

2. What year is your T-Jet?
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 22:08   #62
BHPian

Re: Review: My "Instrumentation" (Torque Pro/OBDII setup, TPMS etc.) and related accessories

Dear a4anurag

Thank you,

Is the interface same on both
The TJet is a 2014 Manufacture
Old 8th December 2015, 22:21   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PM - B View Post
Is the interface same on both
The TJet is a 2014 Manufacture
Yes it is the same. It will work in your car too!
Old 9th December 2015, 08:59   #64
BHPian

Hello,

Has anybody tried the ELM adaptor and Torque Pro app on Skoda Rapid?

I have bought the ELM adaptor and have also got the Torque Pro app. I tried once to connect them but could not read any measurements.
Old 9th December 2015, 09:46   #65
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JitendraK78 View Post
Hello,

Has anybody tried the ELM adaptor and Torque Pro app on Skoda Rapid?
Since you own a car from the VAG Group, get yourself a VAG COM for all scanning etc.

Regular ELM327 may not work.
Old 24th December 2015, 19:32   #66
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Have a OBD2 adapter for quite some time, but started taking interest very recently.

One query: If I go to 'Adapter Status' and check 'Available Sensors' while connected to my car, it shows a bunch of sensors the data from which I would love to track and log. But, while adding a dial or while selecting a PID to log, I don't see these sensors listed at all.

What can be done to get those missing feeds?

e.g. I see a sensor for turbocharger RPM available on my car, but cant seem to find a way to add a dial/display corresponding to that or even log that data.

Can the experts help?

Review: My "Instrumentation" (Torque Pro/OBDII setup, TPMS etc.) and related accessories-screenshot_20151216163127.png

Review: My "Instrumentation" (Torque Pro/OBDII setup, TPMS etc.) and related accessories-screenshot_20151216163145.png

Review: My "Instrumentation" (Torque Pro/OBDII setup, TPMS etc.) and related accessories-screenshot_20151216163353.png

Review: My "Instrumentation" (Torque Pro/OBDII setup, TPMS etc.) and related accessories-screenshot_20151216163358.png

Last edited by SDP : 24th December 2015 at 19:43.
Old 30th December 2015, 21:25   #67
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
e.g. I see a sensor for turbocharger RPM available on my car, but cant seem to find a way to add a dial/display corresponding to that or even log that data.
Though I haven't got time to spend in the XUV but when I did get, I hooked it to the OBD to see this RPM sensor.

There is no way to add a dial but I can only see the reading when I scanned the sensor list.

Couldn't take a picture of the scanned data though.
Old 21st June 2016, 20:01   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
So I finally got the elm 327 Bluetooth adapter and tried it with the sunny. The stats looks good and like I said earlier...there is a massive amount of info that I'm still to learn and understand and track
Dr. AD, Anurag and others - thanks for this informative discussion. I am sure it's good to have information on what's happening under the hood, and it would turn out to be pretty useful once one has an understanding of the data being dished out on the display. Prevention is better than cure is what comes to mind after viewing the data w.r.t. coolant temperature, battery voltage, etc., and of course the TPMS.

@rosh_aveo - Are you still using it on your Sunny? Can you please share some information on how your experience has been so far with the OBD II adapter? Would appreciate if you can share some pics too. Just for information, I have a Sunny XVD of 2013 make that has completed 42,000 kms.

Thanks once again for sharing this vital piece of information!
Old 21st June 2020, 02:59   #69
BHPian

Can someone please share their Torque layout

To export from Torque:
Long press on a realtime data page, select "Layout Settings"
Then, select "Export"
Type in a file name for your gauge export, and hit OK.
Locate your saved dashboard in your ".torque/dashboards/" folder.
Make it a zip, and attach it to the thread.

To import back into Torque:
Save your zip file from the thread on your device.
Unzip its contents into your ".torque/dashboards/" folder.
Inside the Torque app, go to realtime data and long press - select "Layout Settings".
Select "Import"
Select the file name you wish to import and hit OK.
Old 18th June 2021, 16:24   #70
Senior - BHPian

Hi Dr.AD,

I own SX4 ZXi VVT and it has been serving me well for last 10 years. I am really happy with the car and it never caused any trouble whatsoever in the 1,36,000 km of the ride.

Yesterday the ABS warning light appeared on the dashboard. I checked the two ABS fuses and they are ok. I am now planning to buy one OBD adapter. Not all the OBD adapters work with SX4 VVT Petrol. Hence I am planning to buy the one you have tried.

Does your OBD also indicate ABS errors? Mostly one of the sensors is faulty (or it's wires are cut). Using the OBD, I would like to find out which sensor is problematic.
Old 18th June 2021, 17:37   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
Hi Dr.AD,

Yesterday the ABS warning light appeared on the dashboard. I checked the two ABS fuses and they are ok. I am now planning to buy one OBD adapter. Not all the OBD adapters work with SX4 VVT Petrol. Hence I am planning to buy the one you have tried.
It could just be a battery issue. Maybe you need new battery. Many cars show random errors when battery is almost dead. However, specifically in SX4, the ABS warning lits up when battery is almost dead. It happened to me too once, and the next day the battery went dead. Changed to new battery and no ABS warning ever since then (and never before that day too). How old is your battery?

Quote:
Does your OBD also indicate ABS errors? Mostly one of the sensors is faulty (or it's wires are cut). Using the OBD, I would like to find out which sensor is problematic.
Yes, it will show ABS error codes, if there are any. Basically if any error shows up a warning in the instrument panel, it will also throw a DTC code. And most OBD adapters will pick that. Torque Pro app that I use does scan for errors and will show ABS errors.

Last edited by Dr.AD : 18th June 2021 at 17:41.
Dr.AD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 18:04   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
It could just be a battery issue. Maybe you need new battery. Many cars show random errors when battery is almost dead. However, specifically in SX4, the ABS warning lits up when battery is almost dead. It happened to me too once, and the next day the battery went dead. Changed to new battery and no ABS warning ever since then (and never before that day too). How old is your battery?
Thank you for the valuable information.

My battery is new; around 8 months old. And considering that the car is in the 11th year of service, it will be better to have one scanner in my toolkit.

I went through the post by abirnale from the link given in your post. He has clarified that OBD2 v2.1 Bluetooth scanners are compatible with 2011 SX4 VVT BS IV; exactly my model.

Does Torque Pro work with Android phones?
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 18:29   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Bhalgat View Post
My battery is new; around 8 months old. And considering that the car is in the 11th year of service, it will be better to have one scanner in my toolkit.
OK. Then it may not be the battery issue. Yes, it is best to get he car thoroughly scanned to check the source of the ABS warning. Sometimes ABS sensors throw these warnings due to dust/mud too. Cleaning the sensors sometimes clears all issues. But best to get it checked thoroughly.

Quote:
I went through the post by abirnale from the link given in your post. He has clarified that OBD2 v2.1 Bluetooth scanners are compatible with 2011 SX4 VVT BS IV; exactly my model.
True. However, if you are getting the OBDLinx module that I have, then no worries. That is the best choice (this is the original ODB reader) and will definitely work on SX4.

Quote:
Does Torque Pro work with Android phones?
Yes, most definitely. They have an Android version of the Torque Pro app which is very popular and works well on Android phone. I use it on my Android phone all the times. In fact, my SX4 has an Android headunit with an ancient version of Android (4.4), and Torque Pro runs well there even today!
Old 4th January 2023, 09:18   #74

Hi All,

I am using Torque Pro with an odb dongle coupled with my Android Head-unit. Everything works fine. Now I have a query:

When I am driving to my native I used to take multiple breaks. Every time I reboot the android head unit(stop and start the car), torque pro app layout data-set get resets and start to display from start. Even I tried logging the data but still if I restart the torque app, the data in the dashboard get reset and gets initialized.

Please tell me a way so that the dashboard can retain old data even after a restart of the torque app.

Regards,
Sivbal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks