Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2015, 11:57   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Inputs on Alcantara needed

How easy or difficult is it to keep clean? My experience with these suede type finishes is that either they look amazing or very shabby.
Old 5th November 2015, 13:59   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
How easy or difficult is it to keep clean? My experience with these suede type finishes is that either they look amazing or very shabby.

Easy until you spill water/liquid! Thankfully mine is untouched and vacuuming it is a breeze! Suede looks bad with age but this being alcantara could turn out differently.
Old 16th November 2015, 18:55   #33
BHPian

The material has arrived, nicely packed in a roll. Looks great. Will have to wait till next month to get the seats done. Busy with arrangements for niece's wedding at the moment. Watch this space for updates

Inputs on Alcantara needed-img_20151116_184907783.jpg

Inputs on Alcantara needed-alcantaramaterial.jpg
PatchyBoy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 17:02   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
The material has arrived, nicely packed in a roll. Looks great. Will have to wait till next month to get the seats done. Busy with arrangements for niece's wedding at the moment. Watch this space for updates

Attachment 1440312

Attachment 1440313
Brilliant. So did you get a chance to get the alcantara done ? I am quite interested in this and looking to get this done for my Polo GT.

After procuring the material did you get a good vendor who agreed to do it for you ? Normally these upholstery experts wouldn't prefer the customer giving them the material. I guess most of their profit is on the material as such.

I am sure that many here in T bhp will be looking for your feedback on the whole experience.

Regards
Rejoy
rejoycjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 23:48   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
Brilliant. So did you get a chance to get the alcantara done ? I am quite interested in this and looking to get this done for my Polo GT.

After procuring the material did you get a good vendor who agreed to do it for you ? Normally these upholstery experts wouldn't prefer the customer giving them the material. I guess most of their profit is on the material as such.

I am sure that many here in T bhp will be looking for your feedback on the whole experience.

Regards
Rejoy
I second this! Im about to get a GT and I was researching Alcantara for the seats and door pads.
Old 31st December 2017, 00:02   #36
Senior - BHPian

Bumping up relatively old thread. Can anyone tell me where to find alcantara leather to have it stitched for the steering in Bangalore? Can I purchase it online?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks