Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2007, 01:59   #31
BHPian

[quote=Ricky_63;424620]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post
@ Ricky 63, with mods u listed if done correctly,expect anywhere between 7-10bhp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Rocam View Post

Sorry I also have porting & polishing in addition to the other things I stated....does that change the BHP +++

Thanks
I would also make a guess and say you would make 7-10 plus a excellent throttle reponse throughout..
Old 29th April 2007, 02:06   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
Stock 1L engine, K&N, headers+exhaust
I'm assuming the stock throttlebody may be well designed enough to handle the stock VE, so you may not get much BHp gains but thats just my assumption.Who knows how badly designed the TB is?
I'd suggest go for it because it would give you a nice peppy throttle feel, but plz make sure get your port matching done correctly if you are getting a diff type of TB, just to ensure the Tb and intake manifold provide a smooth flow.
Old 29th April 2007, 15:12   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manveet View Post
Yes, you most certainly may. However, your points in the quoted post are more in line with effect of
TB expansion rather than than how it is done.
Stop nagging like an English grammer school teacher.
Everyone understands that becoz its obvious.
Stop whining again and again ..its not OFFtopic
this is a technical thread to discuss throttlebody expansion , I would call you a riceboy if you again reminded me that
throttlebody should not be discussed without considering the other mods.

Quote:
Anyhow, taking this further - for sake of discussion, lets talk about my OHC.

Yes, on the intake side I have a Conical filter and have removed the catalytic converter etc. for the free flow exhaust
which includes headers tuned for mid-range.Am also going in for a port-polish job shortly.

Now tell me this - what is the effect of TB expansion in case of my ride, considering the fact that I've already done a few
things here and there that have improved the breathing aspect.
I think you have got the point finally since you are now talking about headers,porting,polishing ..not just TB
thank god.

Quote:
p.s.
please remember that we are talking about a car that is 100bhp in stock form, its not like a 220 bhp engine where marginal
tweaking would lead to greater absolute gains.
Hey genius I know its a SOHC D15 and not a DOHC C32B...

All of your appropriate queries have been answered already in this thread by Rocam.

Last edited by chetanhanda : 29th April 2007 at 15:19.
Old 29th April 2007, 15:31   #34
elf
BANNED

Will you two PMSing guys take this to the PMs please? Jeez man, you gotta let things go. And imagine ME saying that!

Last edited by elf : 29th April 2007 at 15:36.
Old 29th April 2007, 18:28   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetanhanda View Post
All of your appropriate queries have been answered already in this thread by Rocam.
Well, in every thread, all queries have been answered from somebody other than yourself. You're just the one confusing everyone.
Old 29th April 2007, 18:34   #36
Senior - BHPian

Manveet, I would suggest you stop picking on "chetanhanda" just for the heck of picking on him. His posts have been pretty informative on quite a few threads including this one. Spend a little time reading them, and they do make sense. Of course, Jitu's explanations are the simplest!
Old 29th April 2007, 18:53   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
Manveet, I would suggest you stop picking on "chetanhanda" just for the heck of picking on him. His posts have been pretty informative on quite a few threads including this one. Spend a little time reading them, and they do make sense. Of course, Jitu's explanations are the simplest!
I apologize if it seems that I am picking on him, I don't know him and have no reason to do so. I admire his technical expertise but at the same time would urge him to be sensitive to the feelings of other people on the Forum as everyone doesn't share the same wavelength.

I believe that one's contribution should be in line with the flow of the thread. If another member is asking a simple question and it is evident that his level of technical understanding is lower, and a simple answer would serve the purpose, then a simple answer should be given. This is evident from a few other peoples negative reaction to Chetan's posts and also the positive support for mine.

Anyhow, Chetan sa'ab, chill. No hard feelings. Hope you got my perspective
Old 29th April 2007, 19:04   #38
Senior - BHPian

Manveet, problem is that some things cannot be simplified any further. Some things can but are limited to the want of somebody who can explain things better. And when it comes to looking for even percentage power gains for a particular mod, it becomes only that much more difficult since you can determine these only with a dyno. The best option is to put facts in front of you, and then leave it to you to decide whether it gives massive gains or not.
Old 30th April 2007, 06:54   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
Some things can but are limited to the want of somebody who can explain things better.

Thanks for putting this so well.
I agree,point noted, I will try to make stuff simple.

I would like to present another view/angle to this scenario.
If we are playing with ECU's,fuel maps, throttlebodies,cams etc we are entering into a more advanced level of modifications.To attempt/plan such stuff at DIY level and say one doesn't understand much is contradictory.
If it is a complex task or has a much deeper level then there will be a corrsponding complex explanation for this.

The person framing the question should try to understand that sometimes there maybe a combination of a series of multiple levels/phases/steps involved in getting to the answer.
.. sometimes it may not be the person who is providing the answer to be at fault
Old 17th February 2009, 00:31   #40
Senior - BHPian

If a throttle body expansion involves removing it,increasing its diameter replacing the butterfly and putting it back, then I do it myself with the right tools and the right parts(butterfly valve etc ..)?

Jitu , Chetan .. anyone?
Old 17th February 2009, 21:44   #41
Senior - BHPian

Bump to the top .. Anyone?
Old 17th February 2009, 21:59   #42
BHPian

You will need to get it done at the turner. there's limit to bore & the butterfly needs to be matched to the new size so that there is no air leaks when throttle is closed. take T.P.S reading before the job i.e throttle in close/fully open & set it same after the job.
Old 1st December 2009, 09:44   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
If a throttle body expansion involves removing it,increasing its diameter replacing the butterfly and putting it back, then I do it myself with the right tools and the right parts(butterfly valve etc ..)?

Jitu , Chetan .. anyone?
Hi Binz, I did come across some DIY guides with regards to this on Google.
If you have the tools I suppose you can go ahead with DIY job.

Have a good day

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks