Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2006, 08:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

V12,
Post some pics with the top down. Most convertibles look better with the top down. How does the top operate?

I think the front and side profile will look good (with top down and better color choice). back end could do with more contemporary styling.
Old 27th March 2006, 09:05   #17
BHPian

I think that chopping off the top largely affects the structural rigidity of Monocoque designs which had top as part of the original design. Please comment.
Old 27th March 2006, 14:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire
I think that chopping off the top largely affects the structural rigidity of Monocoque designs which had top as part of the original design. Please comment.
Without a doubt.......structural rigidity goes down the drain on chop-top mods like these!!!

Ps: Although i don't think it matters here, the guy probably doesn't know what that is!
Old 27th March 2006, 14:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

hey ..
the car doesnt have any window glass coz it was made framless eh ? whats the point of the rag top when she has no windows ... the car will look better without the top .

i am afraid ...the whole design looks very third class ..i think it could have turned out better as a 2 seater like in edmunds design ...
Old 27th March 2006, 17:37   #20
BHPian

no offence ..but the car looks like a vegetable..
Old 27th March 2006, 17:46   #21
Team-BHP Support

If you look at this profile shot:

it's pretty hard to tell which is the front and which is the rear! I say put a steering wheel on both ends just for laughs!

Last edited by Rtech : 27th March 2006 at 17:47.
Old 27th March 2006, 17:53   #22
BHPian

hey man frankly the car looks like worthless piece of lard!!!!!it looks so crappy man the colours make it worse and the roof really looks like its stolen from a rickshaw!!!sorry man just my honest opinion!
Old 27th March 2006, 22:44   #23
BANNED

"in the ferrari or jaguar switchin` 4 lanes,wit` the top down,screamin out,money ain`t a thing"
lol
presenting the all new 2006 MARUTI 800 ROADSTER

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by twister : 27th March 2006 at 22:46.
twister is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2006, 08:54   #24
Team-BHP Support

konsept

Quote:
Originally Posted by stararmour
hmmmmm....... i like the whole idea of a soft top 800 , nice and innovative , but dont like the result ! maybe a different colour combination would have made it a shade better , besides i think the rear and front bumpers look too add on ... like its something thats been put on to make up for the real bumper being missing .......
but..... all in all id say its a good effort at being different !
cheers
stararmour.
i agree - it is an innovative concept.

it can be improved drastically making a few changes, including -> a subtle colouring scheme (needed - current one is too '70s), a better quality rag-top, a slimmer (re-designed - flat, not rounded, to match the front) rear-end with better tail-lights, bigger wheels to fill in the arches, better interior-exterior colour co-ordination... also the car has to be lowered to appear sporty - the rear end, especially, is just too high.

it could come out much better looking - twister's photoshop & BUSA's picture seem good places to draw inspiration from...

the workmanship looks good - the rear-end merges cleanly with the front - no weld-lines, etc.

Last edited by aah78 : 28th March 2006 at 08:55. Reason: modifying content
Old 28th March 2006, 10:17   #25
Team-BHP Support

A long time ago in my school days, I drew my idea of an old shape M800 convertible. Stood at my window and sketched my old M800 parked down, then used that as the template to chop the roof off. As you can see, it was influenced by the VW Golf convertible.

Old 28th March 2006, 11:18   #26
BHPian

great work dude..

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister
"in the ferrari or jaguar switchin` 4 lanes,wit` the top down,screamin out,money ain`t a thing"
lol
presenting the all new 2006 MARUTI 800 ROADSTER

[IMG][/IMG]

i definately think this design and edmunds rocks...

hey any of you'll have pics of the zen convert...

cheers

Psycholyn
Old 9th June 2006, 10:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

I saw one like this in Calicut, it was either dark blue or black couldn't make out as it was in the night. The car looked much better almost like the mightyboy. Can any members from Calicut confirm?
Old 9th June 2006, 11:21   #28
BHPian

Hey guys !! Wats wrong with the guys that converted the 800 into a softtop 2 door ?? It looks very very ugly !! And the rounding of the bbot dosent match the concept of the 800..
He could have increased the length of the door atleast !! Please call the photoshop experts !!
The pic posted by busa looks very acceptable !! I wouldnt mind looking at a 800 with ofset tyres atleast !!
Old 9th June 2006, 13:19   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie
The pic posted by busa looks very acceptable !!
That is a Suzuki Mighty Boy from down under, it's a ute with loading tray and only two seats and a cab. It looks similar to the 800 but even the front fender and hood panels are different. It came with many engine options starting from F8B 500cc triples, F8D our carb 800 engines, F6A turbo 660cc engines etc... There few petrol head Aussies run holley carbs and big turbo kits in their mightyboys. Also putting in the Suzuki Swift(Esteem) engine is a sommon mod usually 1 liter three cyls or our 1.3 liter four cyls.

Rtech: Your sketch looks good. It's nicely proportioned. And good to see that you didn't do away with the B-pillar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks